You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You hate it, but everyone else loves it.

Section_31

Could be anything, a film, a place, a person, food, a band, whatever.

I'm going for Peter Kay.

I can't stand his face or his voice. He reminds of the sly little fat kid who could be found in every school, who every parent thought was a 'lovely little lad' but who was in fact, a devious little twat who never shared his sweets and took his ball home when he wasn't winning.

He's also no more than midly amusing at best, certainly not deserving of his iconic status (most sucessful biography ever, what the fuck?!?)

Go on peter, tell me the one about the ginger biscuits again and how they don't dissolve in tea.

* looks at person to his left

"You do that! You do that with your tea and biscuits, haha!!!"

If I mention any of this in the street though I'd get my head stoved in, and I reckon my ma would kick me out.

Olives - everyone I know loves Olives particularly if they are the little stuffed one.. I bloody hate them and their shiny skinness and the odd smell..I'm clearly in a minority with this and hope should I never need it the government will protect my rights to hate Olives.

Cricket. Snooker. Darts. Drinking to excess. Nightclubs. Celebrity culture.

Watched a few mins of that Beauty Pagent thing with the 11 year old (complete with pushy mum) with the missus last night, right at the end after watching the most feebly produced pagent I have ever imagined (she didn't do that well btw) they (the producers of the TV show) asked her what she wanted out of life.

The answer? "Dunno, just want to be on TV"

Isn't life sad?

Watched a few mins of that Beauty Pagent thing with the 11 year old (complete with pushy mum) with the missus last night, right at the end after watching the most feebly produced pagent I have ever imagined (she didn't do that well btw) they (the producers of the TV show) asked her what she wanted out of life.

The answer? "Dunno, just want to be on TV"

Isn't life sad?

Yup

I am so glad I was on TV when I was 7, got rid of all that celebrity nonsense.

Guest TK-421
I don't like it either.

My Dad was really worried about it before I went to Uni, he was worried about how I would interact socially.

True Story

(p.s it was ok in the end, I drank Beer!)

He was worried about how you'd get laid.

hehe, oh yeah - what was that?

Was interviewed on central news after a house blew up next to my school on our lunch break thanks to a gas leak and the school got evacuated.

The reporter asked me if I was scared, and what happened.

I said something along the lines of "well a house blew up, then I got to go home and play football instead of drawing with Mrs Skelton."

After that, all my celebrity cravings were gone and I could carry on as a normal lad.

Olives - everyone I know loves Olives particularly if they are the little stuffed one.. I bloody hate them and their shiny skinness and the odd smell..I'm clearly in a minority with this and hope should I never need it the government will protect my rights to hate Olives.

That is a great shout.

When i was a kid i ate a load of stuffed olives at some posh reception on the ship my dad worked on; the green ones with all that red stuff in them. About half an hour later I proceeded to spew the lot all over the deck and the side of the ship. To this day the smell of a stuffed olive makes me retch.