You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Office vs The Office

Cardie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently halfway through season 3 of the US version. It's tremendous.

In season 3 the cringeworthiness is cranked to the max, obvioulsy via Michael.

Look out for the new dude called Andy, he's very good.

The US version is better in my opinion.

US vs the UK which is best?

They're different kinds of shows now but having watched the first two seasons on Paramount and just finished downloading 3 and 4 to stick on the iPod I think I'm leaning towards the US version.

Have to say I agree with you, the US version is occasionally a bit sickly but and that Jim is slightly anodyne but it's till dead good.

The US version is very good, but a lot of the humour seems a lot more obvious that the original version. Some good characters (Dwight is a legend), but nowhere near as ground breaking or embarrassing-funny. David Brent is one of the best comedy characters of all time.

The original, and the best.

Wot, no poll? Meh...

Difficult to compare the two as they're so different. UK version for me, but that's due in part to my pathalogical hatred of Americans.

Plenty of Americans who post on here, you might want to quantify that statement otherwise you look like a bit of a knob.

Plenty of Americans who post on here, you might want to quantify that statement otherwise you look like a bit of a knob.

I wasn't aware of that. No intentions of offending anyone but not going to back-pedal either. Americans piss me off, sorry. Can't be bothered with a whole big discussion about it really, it's perhaps an irrational perception. Thanks for being the GF duty PC dude though.

I wasn't aware of that. No intentions of offending anyone but not going to back-pedal either. Americans piss me off, sorry. Can't be bothered with a whole big discussion about it really, it's perhaps an irrational perception. Thanks for being the GF duty PC dude though.

Talkin through your arse again? Can't find a reason not to hate, so you'll do it anyway!

BTW. UK Office is best.

Wot, no poll? Meh...

Difficult to compare the two as they're so different. UK version for me, but that's due in part to my pathalogical hatred of Americans.

Some of the most generous , friendly people you could hope to meet. They're not all "we come in peace, shoot to kill ".................

Some of the most generous , friendly people you could hope to meet. They're not all "we come in peace, shoot to kill ".................

Alright, keep your knickers on. Like I said, maybe it's an irrational perception. All I ever see is fucking Americans though. "American drama kicks arse..." No it doesn't, it's just a cracking and very cheap way for Sky or Channel 4 to deliver 20 minutes per hour of advertising into your house through that square thing in the corner whilst fooling everyone that the latest fifteen-season drama from the states is the latest "culture." Balls.

US vs the UK which is best?

They're different kinds of shows now but having watched the first two seasons on Paramount and just finished downloading 3 and 4 to stick on the iPod I think I'm leaning towards the US version.

Whenever i see your username above a post i immediately know i am about to read unmitigated nonsense. This thread has done nothing to alter that view.