You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jack Daniels?

LFC Brian

Now I love Jack D and drink it quite alot,but wouldnt say I was a coneseuir(SP).Anyway I have just been bought a bottle in a snazzy black leather box.

It says Old Brand number 7 on it.Is this any different to the normal stuff,maybe a special edition or something !?

I wanna know before I crack it open Willy Nilly

Cheers

Now I love Jack D and drink it quite alot,but wouldnt say I was a coneseuir(SP).Anyway I have just been bought a bottle in a snazzy black leather box.

It says Old Brand number 7 on it.Is this any different to the normal stuff,maybe a special edition or something !?

I wanna know before I crack it open Willy Nilly

Cheers

It's the same as normal, I got one the other day.

A friend and I got ratted on whiskey once and I've not touched it in 17 years.

Can't even stand the smell of it.

I was and still am like that with vodka, was about 13 and put half a litre of it in with a massive sunny delight. Done the lot in about 5 minutes and was a complete and utter mess, was a nailed on hospital visit if the bizzies had seen me. couldnt even get anywhere close to walking, mates had to drag me though once I was covered in sick they give up so im told. I ended up round the back of some shops, awoke about 4am and could just about walk, wont go near it now, hate it.

A mate done something similar, and we met a mate down town a few months later, he had a bottle of vodka on him, got it out and said do we want some, my mate was instantly sick just looking at the bottle, unopened so couldnt smell it but he just puked straight away. Weird.

Much as I like JD,I much prefer Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey fucks you up quite nicely (50%) but JD has the nicest taste of any bourbon IMO.

I can drink it straight on the rocks but like it with Coke if I'm out.

My cupboard currently contains bottles of JD, Morgan's Spiced, Jamesons and Hennesy. Donald Trump himself couldn't muster a finer drinks cabinet.

I'm not the biggest fan of Bourbons, however 101 proof Wild Turkey is a winter warmer.

No I am a single malt man,

Glenmorangie as an every day malt.

Talisker well that’s for a Saturday night, slips down nicely after a spicy meal.

Dalwhinnie is a sweet thing and the distillery is in a truly wonderful setting.

I have a 1967 Springbank in the house, which has remained in its box since I bought it as a 30th Birthday present for my wife.

I considered opening it when we got engaged...then on our wedding night…then the birth of the kids...

Its still in the box and will likely remain so as the last one on ebay went for £700

I love Whiskey I really do.