You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and this 5Live interview tomorrow

Guest Caffreys

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If DIC make the right offer he'll go; it's all front. Think he might be gone by the summer.

I don't.

The DIC wont pay over the odds and now there is no urgency for hicks to sell, they have got the hard loan, the loan for the stadium will be a piece of piss as it can be set against the stadium itself, so hicks valuation of the club will now almost certainly include the stadium (I think that's where his £500m asking price is coming from) and will the DIC pay that, hmm I doubt it, we'll see though.

One thing that's come out of all this - for those who didn't already know - Parry is a fucking useless twat! What the fuck has he been doing!?!

A very clever one too though. He got paid a huge bonus when the deal went through & apparently has a clause in his contract that states that he has to be retained for 2 years if there is a takeover.

Didn't hear the show - only the interview - what do they say about him?

Said that he had spoken to DIC a while ago abouy selling 10% and not since. Interviewer said that since he got off the phone with Hicks last night he understands negotiations were going on last week up till friday.

They said he has a reputation now for not speaking the truth and having a 'forked tongue' which I enjoyed.

I don't like the two of them but their main offence over recent weeks has been inaction in the face of swirling tabloid sensation about them. If they continue to put down negative rumours and actually deliver on someof their promises now then surely they deserve to get a little more support.

We have gone from slight concern to all out loathing in the last few weeks based off nothing but rumour and journalistic hyperbole. The one thing Hicks has said in that time got him in trouble was admitting the Klinsmann thing which everyone already knew - I still don't really understand why that alone got everyone so annoyed when we all knew it already.

I'm not saying things are all rosy but hopefully now they will start to get better. I think committing to Rafa for the next 2 years was an immense statement and will improve on-field performance. Everybody had decided Rafa was gone because he hadn't been supported before - therefore they must have been sacking him. I really believe he will stay!

If they build the stadium and we sign Mascher and a couple of quality attackers in the summer then I will not bne complaining.

Quite weird that to be honest. I'd imagine there is some psychological reason for it. I think people fundamentally know they are bad news but don't want to admit it. Hicks coming out and saying he was after Klinsman was like the flood gates opening and people suddenly realised conciously that they are bad news and there was an outpouring of emotion and annoyance at their own self-denial.

A bit more PR and everyone is falling back into the same malaise as it is painful knowing what is going on. For the time being, Bascombe will go back to being a bullshitter and the press all have an anti-LFC agenda.

The interviwer also said that they were told not ask any questions regarding the debt, that was their one condition on doing the interview..

Surprised? Michael Moore could have a field day with this absolute cunt.

Feel sorry for Rafa, can you imagine working for this human rat?

Unless DIC manage to get in, in a few weeks time there'll be a growing number of people swallowing the bullshit and we'll be back where we were a couple of months ago. Any negative story that comes out about them will have people shooting the messenger.

pppphhhhhhhhtttttttttttt!...........bullseye.