You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So How Many of You Are Totally Happy

Red Nick

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy. The strikers have clearly been upgraded and that was a clear downfall last season. The tactics seem to be bolder (2 away wins already) and that was another main downfall last season. the squad is stronger and there is a real hunger and purpose that seems to have grown. It looks very good from where I'm sitting.

Arguably we could still do with a top notch wide man and central defensive cover, but I'm happy.

The ins and outs of the Malouda deal aren't really worth bothering over. It all sounds like "he said this...well he said that". Malouda might have signed had we moved decisively and quickly. But then again, he might not have had the requisite hunger to play for Liverpool and money may indeed be more important to him.

All I know is that we look better to me than at any time since football began with the advent of the Prem (!)

I'm happy. The strikers have clearly been upgraded and that was a clear downfall last season. The tactics seem to be bolder (2 away wins already) and that was another main downfall last season. the squad is stronger and there is a real hunger and purpose that seems to have grown. It looks very good from where I'm sitting.

Arguably we could still do with a top notch wide man and central defensive cover, but I'm happy.

The ins and outs of the Malouda deal aren't really worth bothering over. It all sounds like "he said this...well he said that". Malouda might have signed had we moved decisively and quickly. But then again, he might not have had the requisite hunger to play for Liverpool and money may indeed be more important to him.

All I know is that we look better to me than at any time since football began with the advent of the Prem (!)

That's pretty much spot on.

The Lyon President who is known for being no nonsense set a deadline for Malouda to be sold, he couldn't wait for us to get our arse in gear.

But it seems he could wait for Chelsea since he set a deadline for Malouda to be sold of the 30th June.

Malouda signed in the second week of July.

He also said one of Abidal and Malouda would be sold but not both....

But it seems he could wait for Chelsea since he set a deadline for Malouda to be sold of the 30th June.

Malouda signed in the second week of July.

He also said one of Abidal and Malouda would be sold but not both....

Malouda wasn't to know that the negotiations with Chelsea would take so long, they were talking for ages. Whatever happens, I don't even rate Malouda so I don't care but I don't think we are great at this whole transfer business by any means. In fact we have been clowns in the past and Rafa has hinted as such.

I'm more than happy with our attacking signings, but properly pissed off that we haven't strengthened our defence.

Putting all our eggs in the Heinze basket without a Plan B was a really poor show from Rafa. I'm less worried about not having a new left-back than about not having enough cover at centre-back. Yes Arbeloa can play there, but what happens if Finnan gets a bad injury at the same time as Carra or Agger? That'll mean Sami playing every game until one of them is fit again, and I wouldn't like to see how long he could keep that up.

We obviously had some money left to spend, and for a few million we could have got in reliable cover in case the worst happened. It would be a real choker if after all our improvement up front, our title bid was undermined by a totally avoidable problem in defence. I really hope we get someone in in January.

I'm happy as we have a very strong squad and have had a very good start. However have to say that I felt and still do feel that we needed a very good left winger as well as a striker to be able to win the league. I feel that if we had been swift and decisive we would have stood a much greater chance of signing Rafa's number one target - Malouda. Would he have improved our start? Probably not but he would have improved our first XI which I feel would ultimately pay dividends throughout the season. As a result I feel that a fit Harry Kewell could be very important to our title challenge. Hopefully Kewell gets fit or Babel proves ready to fill our left wing slot.

I think we'll win the league but I also think we could have done better this summer.

29 people requesting a retraction from Red Nick :whistle:

23 Carra Gold, aws √, bobhorse, BorizJeltzin, chance the dog, dark train √, G Richards √, General Zod, hamstrung, JER √, Ken Billwright, Kopite √, mars, Neil G √, nibbler √, Plewggs, rafasredmen, RED Tezza, rek, Remington, Robbiec, sh#t waffle √, stig, Thants √, The Chief √, The-Sir, TK421 √, Uncle Travelling Matt, Unrighteous

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=770255#post770255

I'm more than happy with our attacking signings, but properly pissed off that we haven't strengthened our defence.

Putting all our eggs in the Heinze basket without a Plan B was a really poor show from Rafa. I'm less worried about not having a new left-back than about not having enough cover at centre-back. Yes Arbeloa can play there, but what happens if Finnan gets a bad injury at the same time as Carra or Agger? That'll mean Sami playing every game until one of them is fit again, and I wouldn't like to see how long he could keep that up.

We obviously had some money left to spend, and for a few million we could have got in reliable cover in case the worst happened. It would be a real choker if after all our improvement up front, our title bid was undermined by a totally avoidable problem in defence. I really hope we get someone in in January.

I'd be very, very surprised if we don't buy some defensive cover in the january window.

And if the current window had been just a week longer, I think we would have got someone in.

Parry treated Gerrard like a low life, and not the most sought after player in Europe. The guy is inept. That said, I don't think Rafa is that much of a smooth operator when it comes to transfers, he can do better.

Bollocks. His agent was looking for an excuse to do a deal with Chelsea.

I don't care what Steven says but Struan Marshall is a low-life c*nt.

Rafa's into his 4th season and still people cling to the idea that we have a first 11.

Spot on. I am amazed how many people still thinks there's such a thing as a first 11 with Rafa. It's now a squad game (for sure!) We've already used 20 players this season in the first 6 games. Rafa will change the team for almost every game depending on the opposition, tactics, injuries and form. He likes his possibilities does Rafa....

29 people requesting a retraction from Red Nick :whistle:

23 Carra Gold, aws √, bobhorse, BorizJeltzin, chance the dog, dark train √, G Richards √, General Zod, hamstrung, JER √, Ken Billwright, Kopite √, mars, Neil G √, nibbler √, Plewggs, rafasredmen, RED Tezza, rek, Remington, Robbiec, sh#t waffle √, stig, Thants √, The Chief √, The-Sir, TK421 √, Uncle Travelling Matt, Unrighteous

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=770255#post770255

I appologise I was wrong and you were all right and I am humbly sorry for any offence caused

I fully retract what I said, hopefully thats good enough