You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thick Southerners do my head in

Harry Squatter

Tolerance is needed as in all things, having lived in many parts of the country and travelled around the globe.

I understood from an early age that the passion for football and in particular the passion for your team that is felt in Liverpool, is the exception not the rule.

Most places in the country football is a game played in the winter once the Cricket season is over I moved to North Yorkshire and couldn’t find three people to talk football with out of 80 men around 50% didn’t follow it 20% had just a passing interest 20% would watch the cup final only around 5% followed a team but didn’t go which left me and another 4 people who actually followed football with passion going home or away when it was possible and we covered a 24 hr shift system, so I know where your coming from but far from having a go at the knobheads, I believe you should be thankful for being one of Gods Chosen race. A honour and a privilege above all others.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the north/south stuff is that it degenerates into stereotype. I think all well informed and passionate fans have a dislike of ignorant 'Johnny-come-lately's' no matter who they support or where they are from.

I'm sure plenty of reds know fans of other teams and enjoy the banter/debate. It's what makes the football world go round. Only when ignorant neanderthals start shouting the odds does it become more trouble than it's worth. It seems to me that there are two sorts of football fan who are not worth engaging:

1. People who are 'off the chart' ignorant

2. Those who just want trouble/a fight

It sounds like the Chelsea mob you had the misfortune to encounter were firmly ensconced in the first category and thus not worth bothering with.

Yep, I've met a good few southern Liverpool fans that have called me a Thief and a Scally, i was about to wage violence on the little shithouse *cunt*. Why support fucking Liverpool if you insult it's supporters with ridiculous stereotypes? Really does my head in.

This is one of the reasons i am against OOT support. This along with no singing.

All the other reasons are fine though.

I suppose I'm a "thick southerner" and I'm a Chelsea fan, so that probably puts me right down the bottom of the pecking order.

I come from Battersea, an area that used to be highly populated with Chelsea fans, and only Chelsea fans back in the 70's. Now, there are more Arsenal, Liverpool and ManUSA fans, than Chelsea.

Everyone that I have met from Manchester or Liverpool either on my holidays or on work meetings are all decent fellas. None of them tried to rob my wallet or steal my phone, and guess what, not all Chelsea fans are chavs.

These ridiculous stereotypes are there to wind each other up, and most of us fall into the trap.

My, my you are intuitive.
Excuse me cuntwhistle (no that isn't a word) can you stop coming here and being so fucking reasonable and non-confrontational please? I was quite enjoying my hating of all Chelsea turdburguling fuckers and you are contradicting that

I actually had a night out with a few older Chelsea season ticket holding fans last year, and i asked them what they honestly thought of Maureen and his diving, cheating, money grabbing team, and they replied "we're made up to have won the league, obviously, but the antics out of some of the players is embarassing, ("Drogba for one" i helped them with) and the glory hunters who have attached themselves to us...." and at that point they shook their heads and were speechless. Not ALL Chelsea fans are cunts, just a hell of a lot of them.

Excuse me cuntwhistle (no that isn't a word) can you stop coming here and being so fucking reasonable and non-confrontational please? I was quite enjoying my hating of all Chelsea turdburguling fuckers and you are contradicting that

Turdburguling?

Isn't that a hamlet in Eintracht?

do we not all have taints? if i pull my pants down, you will see i have a taint. if you pull your pants down, i will see you have a taint. so, can we not all see that we have taints in common and not love one another and our taints?
Hey Assfuck, it's called your notcher, a taint is for the ladies dirty inch, notcher pertains to the male version. Notcher sniffing dumbass