You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Citeh Thread

aws

Everyone's been quiet about this one but it's a big game. Six points from the next two and we'll really be able to concentrate on Europe.

They've finally hit some form so we should put out our strongest side and really have a go at them.

0-1(Crouch).

BTW is this on live on one of the footy sites? If so, could someone please PM me with a link. Much appreciated.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's been quiet about this one but it's a big game. Six points from the next two and we'll really be able to concentrate on Europe.

They've finally hit some form so we should put out our strongest side and really have a go at them.

0-1(Crouch).

BTW is this on live on one of the footy sites? If so, could someone please PM me with a link. Much appreciated.

Your consistent match prediction has got me wondering where Al Daas is these days. Anyone know?

0-1(Crouch).

City are truely fucking shocking but for some reason I can see themselves getting right up for this one. I'd definately play Gerrard through the centre as he would fucking hate the idea of his mate barton getting all the plaudits ahead of him.

I'd also try Arbeloa at right back and Finnan left back for this game and see how the get on.

Getting picked up in a bit to go to this. Reckon it should be a tight game but we should shade it:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Riise

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Gonzalez

Kuyt Crouch

I think that will be the side but with Mascherano in place of Momo.

Nice comments from Pearce I thought.

If Liverpool win the Champions League again this season then Rafael Benitez will deserve comparison with the legendary Bob Paisley, according to the man who goes head-to-head with the Anfield manager tomorrow.

Paisley brought three European Cups back to Merseyside during his hugely successful managerial reign at Anfield and although Benitez hasn't yet replicated his success in the league, Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce believes the Liverpool boss will be worthy of being talked of in the same breath as English football's most decorated manager if he can lead his side to Athens glory in May.

"Rafael Benitez has a fantastic track record," said Pearce. "He has every opportunity to win the European Cup again and if he gets that in his hands, it would catapult him into the Bob Paisley category.

"Sometimes, it suits people to shoebox people. If a manager wears a suit, he gets labelled as a tactician. If he wears a tracksuit, he is a motivator. I just look at Benitez and think he is a very good manager."

Taken from .tv

Its on rte2 today. Irish tv rocks.

rondeco, a few weeks ago the United Blackburn game was on rte2. Usually we don't get that on sky but for some reason we could watch that match. Do you know if I can watch it on sky today? I don't have rte2 on terrestrial.

With Bellers and God injured I would probably go with:

-------------Pepe--------------

Finnan---Carra---Agger--Arbeloa

--------Momo------Masher------

Gerrard---------Xabi------Riise--

------------Crouchino-----------

Which would allow Xabi to play further up the field as has been mentioned recently. (Failing that, stick Xabi back in for Momo, move Gerrard in the middle in more of a support-striker role, and unleash the beast that is Pennant on an unsuspecting Citeh crowd).

Left back is arguably our weakest position, Finnan is good with both feet and Arbeloa gets forward a lot more than Finnan. With the players we have in form that is arguably our best back four.

Have you seen Man city play their last few games?

I was responding to you wondering why the guy asked if you were Steve Staunton or not.

I would play Finnan right back and Arbeloa left back.

I was responding to you wondering why the guy asked if you were Steve Staunton or not.

I would play Finnan right back and Arbeloa left back.

Thats the obvious way but against a side like Man City I think it would be a good game to try them that way. as I've said in my opnion LB is our weakest position and Finnan could well make that his own for the rest of the season for the 'big' games.

I'm guessing he's an Irish red and doesn't like players out of position or is a big Finnan fan but like I said I'm guessing.

Thats the obvious way but against a side like Man City I think it would be a good game to try them that way. as I've said in my opnion LB is our weakest position and Finnan could well make that his own for the rest of the season for the 'big' games.

I'm guessing he's an Irish red and doesn't like players out of position or is a big Finnan fan but like I said I'm guessing.

He's Norwegian or something like that. Was a poor attempt of a joke. ;)

Guest Jay W

-------------Pepe--------------

Finnan---Carra---Agger--Arbeloa

--------Momo------Masher------

Gerrard---------Xabi------Riise--

------------Crouchino-----------

I'd go with that formation but have a natural left footer at left back in Riise, Gonzalez left wing, Alonso alongside Momo and because I absoutely fuckin hate Gerrard wide right I'd play Pennant whilst moving Stevie ahead of the two holding to his better posistion. Pennant's been playing really well as of late and we should be seeing just how good he can be on a consistant basis. I thought he was shit just like everybody else did but he's impresed me alot lately and I'm really hoping Pennant can maintain this because he's certainly a big threat down the right now he seems to have found his feet.