You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlton away

Captain

LOL. I've made the same point Mr P (as has Danny - Moschops and WeAreTheBest), but not as eloquently as your good self.

"Post when we lose, you only post when we lose".

Welcome to the dark side young Pablo. ;)

I await the inevitable "duh I spend all my time trawling through your paranoid rants" type-post.

Please give me 30 minutes to buy a corset for when my sides split.

Nah, I've already shown you that I don't only post when we lose, you choose to ignore it, thats your perogative.

If only you spent half as much time forming your own oppinion as you do moaning about what others are saying it'd be alot easier.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan rules. He just needs to get the fuck out of Birmingham before his career goes down the drain. Not the answer to our troubles though. How touching that you nearly cried when he left, Rashid

It had much to do with this quote:

"Milan is a good player but we needed to find a solution so we decided to allow him to leave to fund the purchase of Crouch".

After Euro 2004 I think most of us would have committed suicide if we read that coming from Rafa. But how times change.... they will change again come this summer....

Nah, I've already shown you that I don't only post when we lose, you choose to ignore it, thats your perogative.

If only you spent half as much time forming your own oppinion as you do moaning about what others are saying it'd be alot easier.

You only ever post when we lose. I've got my own opinions and they are here win, lose or draw.

And I don't moan, I leave that to "reds" like you.

And to answer Rash.

We'll get a lot more money for Cisse and Morientes and since money talks it'll be alot more useful.

Whoever we buy upfront will have to do the job of two strikers since the majority have decided that Crouch can hold up the ball and needs to do little more as if it's a choice between scoring goals and linking play. They aren't mutually exclusive.

In the summer we need to buy a target man who also knows how to attack and a willing runner again with the knack of scoring which will leave Crouch and Pongolle (and Fowler) as back up.

And to answer Rash.

We'll get a lot more money for Cisse and Morientes and since money talks it'll be alot more useful.

Whoever we buy upfront will have to do the job of two strikers since the majority have decided that Crouch can hold up the ball and needs to do little more as if it's a choice between scoring goals and linking play. They aren't mutually exclusive.

In the summer we need to buy a target man who also knows how to attack and a willing runner again with the knack of scoring which will leave Crouch and Pongolle (and Fowler) as back up.

Crouch is not good enough to start games week in week out, he goes missing in the big games and is no match for the best defenders. He being physically weak, weak on the ball and weak in the air with a questionable goals tally doesn't help. He has an awkward factor that cannot be ignored though as a substitute.

I'd keep him for that alone, and sell Morientes as he would fetch decent money in Spain. Cisse will come good, but somewhere else IMO.

Which leaves two positions free, link man and goal poacher. Owen is a given, the debate is what type of link man we want? Or do we go for someone like a Nistellroy who can hold it up and score shedloads?

You only ever post when we lose. I've got my own opinions and they are here win, lose or draw.

That would be the ignoring evidence to the contrary thing I was talking about.

PS:What did I say after the loss to Chelsea, you know since I'm only here when we lose.

You have two options then.

1) Use your new found moderating power and ban me if you're that upset at a different oppinion.

2) Put me on ignore.

PS: Red Nick, where have I gloated?

Different opinion - you only post when we lose and as Nick has inferred all you ever do is whinge and gloat.

Anyway villages don't ban their idiot, so I am not going to ban you (I haven't got the power to anyway).

Post when we lose.

However many times you say post when you lose it doesn't make it right.

As I've pointed out to you the only games in which we have won and I haven't posted are the Newcastle, Everton and West Brom games over the christmas period. Given I was at Newcastle and WBA I don't think thats a massive crime personally. I should be shot for not posting after the Everton game though.

However many times you say post when you lose it doesn't make it right.

As I've pointed out to you the only games in which we have won and I haven't posted are the Newcastle, Everton and West Brom games over the christmas period. Given I was at Newcastle and WBA I don't think thats a massive crime personally. I should be shot for not posting after the Everton game though.

No the number of posts doesn't make it right, but your actions do.

You are a reverse-gloryhunter. Gaining some sort of weird pleasure in us losing.

Very strange and it appears I am not the only one who's noticed a distinct pattern here.

one of the most concerning aspects of our forward paly at the moment is the total lack of movement, i have never seen a front two with that little movement, they must be so easy to play against, even with thie lack of pace a litlle bit of imagination and quick thinking can create them the space needed to convert a chance. Cant tell if either of them can finsih well as they are so rarely in a position to shoot.

Two moments from Fowler last night lifted some of the gloom for me though, a lovely little pass between the full back and centre half to play Cisee in and when Alonso shot from about 30 yards Fowler had turned and moving towards goal looking for the rebound before the ball had even reached the goal, that anticipation will surely get him goals. i would say start him, if he isnt fit then bring him off after an hour. We seem to be creating lots of chances in the early parts of games at the moment, not convert them then letting in silly goals, if he can convert a couple of those early chances then its obviously a whole different game.

First of all, I don't want Baros back either. But like you, I'd rather have him than Morientes. Which was the point I was trying to make. Baros played very well last season and banged 'em in until he was injured halfway through the season. He never recovered from that.

Baros now scores more goals than Nando, and he's doing it in a shite team (lower half of the table, negative goal difference) having played far less games than Morientes.

I have had reservations about Nando all the time and been told to wait for him to get his fitness up. He's been here a year now, and it doesn't look good.

I think it's probably time to throw Cissé in as a striker and let him stay to see if he sinks or swims. He'll probably sink, but a lot slower than Morientes.

Fair enough Captain, I just through we might be leading down a slippery slope, first Robbie, then Milan, then before you know it come next August we'll have Fowler, Baros, Rush, Collymore and Erik Meijer as our strikers. :party: