You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foosball Tables

The in-laws keep turning up uninvited and are trying to turn our garage conversion into their very own guesthouse. They've bought their own bog brush, bin and stuff, and they have started storing stuff in there. In an effort to piss on my territory, I am in the process of making this space very clearly a kid's games room. We have darts. We don't have room for a pool table, but we do have room for a foosball table. Can anyone tell me what I need to be looking for in terms of the spec? Is Scudetto the best, or is there another brand? IS there a certain model? Is there a good place to buy them second hand? I don't want to be parting with £1500 really, so looking for something high quality and durable, but not extortionate!

This is not FF on the GF, because it's spelt differently!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You a crypto millionaire now then SB?

No, but I think I am handily placed for the bull market. If you work out my hourly rate, I cold probably sue myself for paying below the minimum wage at the moment, but that could all change in the next six months.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Table football is shite. Buy a load of vintage Subbuteo instead.

If only laminate floors had been invented then!

Also remember the adverts for Hot wheels/Evil Knieval stunt bike etc, just didn't work the same on a carpet floor.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Also remember the adverts for Hot wheels/Evil Knieval stunt bike etc, just didn't work the same on a carpet floor.

I hear you brother. If people think the current Liverpool side have loads of injuries then they should have seen my Subbuteo team!

Mind you,even a decapitation didn't stop them playing. Bloody pampered modern day prima donnas!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I hear you brother. If people think the current Liverpool side have loads of injuries then they should have seen my Subbuteo team!

Mind you,even a decapitation didn't stop them playing. Bloody pampered modern day prima donnas!

My brother used to work in Beatties in St John's and had his models displayed in the windows. If I tried to glue a head back on it looked like John Merrick! My forte was crashed Airfix crashed spitfires or that's what they looked like.

As for Subbuteo, despite having the Sheil road league we could never mirror the shots and saved seen on the adverts.

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

My brother used to work in Beatties in St John's and had his models displayed in the windows. If I tried to glue a head back on it looked like John Merrick! My forte was crashed Airfix crashed spitfires or that's what they looked like.

As for Subbuteo, despite having the Sheil road league we could never mirror the shots and saved seen on the adverts.

I miss Beatties. Brilliant shop.

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Even my Action Man tank struggled with the shag pile carpet.

• Upvote 1