You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People Or Things You’re Not Personally Emotionally Attached To That Make You Weep

Anubis

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On The Daily Show Jon Stewart was talking about his dog that had died the day before.

Saw that yesterday, it really affected me. Insane that i get more worked up over films and strangers dogs dying than i do over some relatives in my own family passing.

I didn’t cry at the funerals of either my dad or brother. Hardly shed a tear in the aftermath of either death. 

I cry all the time now though. Mostly when I’m alone in the car. 

Just got home from a week working in Scotland. Nice drive, a few tears because I can enjoy the scenery when others can’t.

Home in time for tea. Par for the course really. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, John102 said:

When it's Children in need and they show kids who have to look after their sick relatives 

That often makes me angry as much as sad; why, in a rich country, can't we do better than that?

• Upvote 1

A few weeks ago I was going to Lidl and there was a double crossing on the main road. It was around rush hour and the roads were mad busy and noisy. I got to the other side and there was a blind woman there with her guide dog. The guide dog seemed affected by the noise and the woman was just standing there with no one seemingly bothered about her. 

I got to her side of the street and offered to help her to the other side to which she seemed made up, she said she didnt want to take up anybof mybtime but i just joked that i just wanted to getbout of the house for some peace and quiet.

I told her we'd have to stop at the island in the middle of the main road and then walk over to where I'd just come from. She said she could find her way home and said thank you for helping her as she'd asked 2 people to help her but got completely ignored. Got upset knowing how hard her life must be and how much I take for granted something simple just walking to the shops. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Kids with visibly shit parents.

Everyone can have an off day, but when you see shit parents, clearly not giving a shit, and you catch a glance off the kid figuring out the situation and knowing it’s wrong, but not really understanding why.

Every fucking time I want to wring their necks and tell them this kid didn’t choose to be born, you owe it, literally, every thing you self absorbed, selfish cunt.