You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vieira's dive

Brownie

Have to say that was the worst dive i've ever seen - there was not even a threat of contact from Didi, so to go down like the proverbial sack of shite was disgraceful.

He had already been booked and I cannot believe for the life of me that he stayed on.

When his face came on the screen after Mellors goals, it was two fingers in his face from all concerned in my household. Get in Red men!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say that was the worst dive i've ever seen - there was not even a threat of contact from Didi, so to go down like the proverbial sack of shite was disgraceful.

He had already been booked and I cannot believe for the life of me that he stayed on.

When his face came on the screen after Mellors goals, it was two fingers in his face from all concerned in my household. Get in Red men!

The worst dive since Scholes dived inside the penalty area in the league cup final...and also he against Hamann... Maybe when they see thos skinny german legs they just know they`ll lose the ball and they just give up??

;)

Isn`t that a one match ban?...Haven`t they get a match inbetween?

ban takes place 7 days after the 5th booking...therir next game is 6 days time .

Ref was a disgrace ,he bottled a sure penalty and bottled it with the sending off as well.Pardoxically the sending off would've been to arsenal advantage cos then the automatic next game ban would've meant he cud play against teh village people

ban takes place 7 days after the 5th booking...therir next game is 6 days time .

Ref was a disgrace ,he bottled a sure penalty and bottled it with the sending off as well.Pardoxically the sending off would've been to arsenal advantage cos then the automatic next game ban would've meant he cud play against teh village people

I see...only sendings off bans that takes place immediately....

For Vieira to do that after all that he suffered after the Van Nistelrroy incident last season just smacks of hypocrisy.

No doubt Wenger will claim to have not seen the incident and Vieira will say he just lost his balance.

Bollocks.

Gerrard dived. Getting a tap on the knee doesn't change the fact that he went to ground of his own choosing Gav.

thats very harsh stu,look at it closely....toure left his leg hung out when stevie turned him and he caught him on the knee, thats a foul, at that speed anyone will go down ...christ lad evne the most biased commentator in history called it

thats very harsh stu,look at it closely....toure left his leg hung out when stevie turned him and he caught him on the knee, thats a foul, at that speed anyone will go down ...christ lad evne the most biased commentator in history called it

Even Arsenal fans i`ve talked to admitted it was a clear pen....

Gerrard dived. Getting a tap on the knee doesn't change the fact that he went to ground of his own choosing Gav.

Stu what Stevie did was go down easily, whereas Vieira dived. There was contact on Gerrard, minimal but contact. We'll never know if it was enough for him to go down but by the laws of the game it was a foul.

Vieira on the other hand tried to con the referee. There was a distinct difference between the two incidents.

Lads lets get this right, he dived. He went down after getting a tap on the knee. Which by the way isn't a foul neccessarily. You can hav contact with other players without fouling them.

The best way to decide is always to look at the leg that doesn't get knocked. If it makes absolutely no attempt to continue the run then the player has vouluntarily thrown themselves to the floor. As Gerrard did. He makes no attempt to take another step and throws his arms in the air as if he has been shot.

He dived. He tried to con the ref. He failed.

If someone did that to me on a saturday you can bet your life i'd make sure they knew what a real foul was.

This thread is about Vieira diving, to use it as a stick to beat Gerrard with is ridiculous.

Yes he went down easily, but you see that many times during a game. I dont like it and I don't fully accept it, but it happens. What Vieira did was TOTALLY different, there wasn't even a threat of a touch so to go down was appalling.

And you can't even compare Rooney's incident to that of Gerrards because there was no contact with the fat bastard, whereas there was with Stevie.

Whaoh there Ian. I'm not using anything as a stick to beat anyone. I'm just pointing out that he dived and a thread about diving seems a decent enough place.

I don't see much difference, you are still cheating, getting a tiny tap on the knee and then thinking that you could get a penalty so falling down is still cheating Ian.

So if rooney had got a tiny tap on the knee it then threw himself down that would have been "totally different"?

Sorry Ian not in my books it's not.

Well I take your point Stu - but getting touched then going down easily is totally different to not even being threatened of a touch then going down.

Maybe I was hasty with the gerrard stick beating thing, and if so i apologise, but we'll have to agree to disagree on the wider picture.

The best way to decide is always to look at the leg that doesn't get knocked. If it makes absolutely no attempt to continue the run then the player has vouluntarily thrown themselves to the floor. As Gerrard did. He makes no attempt to take another step and throws his arms in the air as if he has been shot.

Fuck that ,I Just watched it again and am even more covinced - look at it closely (closer than you've done stu),he was in mid stride when he got hit, his other leg was already in the motion of the next step ...fuck that ,there was no dive, look at the speed he was going at .100% sure penalty ...end of

Just watched it again and I think he just got conned by Didi as he expected the challenge, had lost the ball going nowhere and had no gas left. His best result was a foul. Didi himself is the Lord of this. Would have been great to see him walk though.

Cast iron penalty tho'

Contact is allowed of course but it must accompant contact with the ball. Toure was 3 ft from that particular round thing.

Penalty

Hey who cares fucking 2-1 so they can all fuck of home sad!

The MD is a gooner - luvvly jubbly

I don't see much difference, you are still cheating, getting a tiny tap on the knee and then thinking that you could get a penalty so falling down is still cheating Ian.

So if rooney had got a tiny tap on the knee it then threw himself down that would have been "totally different"?

Again, consistency is the watchword monty.

He cant have a tap on the knee yet dive. If he gets a tap on the knee then he's well within his rights to go down in this 'day and age'. Just why be so picky?

Why you have to be commander in chief and control what everybody thinks on the board is obviously a question for your parents.

Just chill, bra!

There was no contact I agree, but there was obviously a threat of contact. Looked like Didi's foot was coming for Vieira's leg. Didi realised he had no chance of reaching the ball and withheld his challence (good, he would have been booked otherwise). To save himself from injury I understand why Vieira let go of his feet. I don't think it was a yellow card. The ref made the right decision.

There was no threat of contact! His leg came out yes but he pulled it back straight away, Vieira went down about 2 seconds after 'it'. I dont even know why im saying 'it' because there was no 'it'!

It was a disgrace and your the first person ive heard who believes he shouldn't have been booked.