You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Book of Boba Fett

skend04

4 minutes ago, Juniper said:

A fine post 

10 episodes of obi wan going to cash his pension in mos eisley, stopping to listen to old hags complaining about immigrant sand people and jawas while the Imperial DWP try to bring him in for questioning under caution for claiming disability under the false name Ben Kenobi.

Meanwhile, Darth Vader stares wistfully into space from the bridge of his star destroyer reminiscing of happier times with his old buddy while we cut to terribly acted scenes from mcgregor and the appalling Hayden Christiansen. 

TLW rating 10/10 masterpiece 

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

10 episodes of obi wan going to cash his pension in mos eisley, stopping to listen to old hags complaining about immigrant sand people and jawas while the Imperial DWP try to bring him in for questioning under caution for claiming disability under the false name Ben Kenobi.

Meanwhile, Darth Vader stares wistfully into space from the bridge of his star destroyer reminiscing of happier times with his old buddy while we cut to terribly acted scenes from mcgregor and the appalling Hayden Christiansen. 

TLW rating 10/10 masterpiece 

I personally don’t care about your views on the Boba Fett show, not because I don’t agree with them, I haven’t seen all the episodes yet of Fett to be able to comment myself.

I don’t agree with your comment of who “gives a toss” about the Obi Wan show when it’s probably the most anticipated show on Disney+, is quite clearly nonsense. 

Go and have a lie down or something. You seem angry. I’m not commenting of your view of Boba Fett.

I can’t even believe I’m typing this, hahahaha

It’s just Star Wars. 

6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I personally don’t care about your views on the Boba Fett show, not because I don’t agree with them, I haven’t seen all the episodes yet of Fett to be able to comment myself.

I don’t agree with your comment of who “gives a toss” about the Obi Wan show when it’s probably the most anticipated show on Disney+, is quite clearly nonsense. 

Go and have a lie down or something. You seem angry. I’m not commenting of your view of Boba Fett.

I can’t even believe I’m typing this, hahahaha

It’s just Star Wars. 

Yet you’ve replied to 3 of my posts about it and are now having an hysterical fit despite not even watching it. Says it all that 

The Obi Wan series, while massively anticipated, might live and die by what they do with Vader.

If they have him as the main antagonist then it shits on the original film, if they have Vader's story running parallel to Obi Wans then why not just do a Vader hunting down escapee's from Order 66 show and be done with it.

Outside of that some sort of ghost conscience/flashbacks seem like a contrived way of crow barring him in.

Hopefully they find an interesting and logical way of weaving him into the story.

(the real hope is eventually we move away from Skywalker/ the original trilogy entirely)

On 06/01/2022 at 18:08, Paul said:

I’m really enjoying it. Love the Tusken culture being explored, Jabba’s cousins, the badass Wookiee (who’s called Black something or other and is apparently canon) and more. I’m just gutted they killed off Darth Maul because he’s perfect for this criminal gangs themed series. 

Maul is still alive isn't he? He was in Solo.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Maul is still alive isn't he? He was in Solo.

This is set after Jedi so Maul is dead (for the second time), in Cannon he dies on Tatooine in a fight with Obi Wan when Luke is still a kid.

It's part of the Star Wars Rebels TV Series.

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

This is set after Jedi so Maul is dead (for the second time), in Cannon he dies on Tatooine in a fight with Obi Wan when Luke is still a kid.

It's part of the Star Wars Rebels TV Series.

Fuck, my timelines are all over the shop. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck, my timelines are all over the shop. 

Yeah it's hard to keep track.

I think it's

• Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones
  • Clone Wars (Series and Feature Length's)
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • Bad Batch
  • Solo
  • Rebels (Except the last episode which happens after the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi)
  • Rogue One
  • New Hope
  • Empire
  • RotJ
  • Mandalorian
  • Book of Boba Fett (flash backs happen before Mandalorian and after/during Jedi)
  • Force Awakens
  • Last Jedi
  • Rise of the Dyad Bollocks.

Star Wars Visions doesn't fit in the timeline (though some reference events in the main cannon) and I've probably forgotten something.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Just realised that for such a massive popular franchise with so much content it's REALLY relying on 3 films and more recently one TV series to do a lot of heavy lifting. The rest is bad to average or niche/'kids' stuff.

The red letter media lads were talking about that a few years ago and they made a good point that for such a 'big' universe there's not actually much you can do with it and still keep people interested. You need Stormtroopers, smugglers/crooks and some kind of backwater planet at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The red letter media lads were talking about that a few years ago and they made a good point that for such a 'big' universe there's not actually much you can do with it and still keep people interested. You need Stormtroopers, smugglers/crooks and some kind of backwater planet at the very least.

It’s true. The rebels / Jedi are boring and their stories have all been told. The mandalorian got it spot on by taking it in a new direction but using the imperials a lot more and taking it to different planets with an interesting storyline each week.

3 episodes in to this Boba Fett and the story so far could have been told as a 10 minute flashback.

36 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Just realised that for such a massive popular franchise with so much content it's REALLY relying on 3 films and more recently one TV series to do a lot of heavy lifting. The rest is bad to average or niche/'kids' stuff.

Rogue one Is he standout and it's not surprising that it's very much its own beast in that,its obviously star wars,the whole tone and feel are completely different.Its like a war film.

The last 3 films are shocking looking back.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah it's hard to keep track.

I think it's

• Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones
  • Clone Wars (Series and Feature Length's)
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • Bad Batch
  • Solo
  • Rebels (Except the last episode which happens after the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi)
  • Rogue One
  • New Hope
  • Empire
  • RotJ
  • Mandalorian
  • Book of Boba Fett (flash backs happen before Mandalorian and after/during Jedi)
  • Force Awakens
  • Last Jedi
  • Rise of the Dyad Bollocks.

Star Wars Visions doesn't fit in the timeline (though some reference events in the main cannon) and I've probably forgotten something.

Star Wars: Resistance in between TFA & TLJ (I think). 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

I think we’re also closer to more cancelled projects than releases since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Feels that they announce things to keep the shareholders happy at Disney, without projects / scripts set in stone. 

Some of the ones I can remember, not mentioning the director firings (Solo, Rise of Skywalker…etc) 

Pattie Jenkin’s Rogue Squadron Film - now delayed “indefinitely”

Rangers of The New Republic show

Rian Johnson Trilogy 

Benioff & Weiss’s Film

James Mangold’s Boba Fett film (granted the character now has a show)

Obi Wan film (granted this is now a show)

Does feel that they need more of a vision about directions they want to go in, like with Marvel.

Bit of a poorly run studio at the moment.