You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

10 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Nope, unfortunately I don't have the inclination in my spare time to read more than 50 words. Working in the print industry for 30 years kind of puts you off that sort of thing.

The answers to your question are in there.  It is viable.  

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ll see you, and raise you Liz Truss.

Was trying to explain to the other half earlier that rishi nutsac is the lesser of 2 evils when it comes to an unelected prime minister. He's an obnoxious twat, but he did get most businesses through the pandemic. I would trust him with the countries coffers if I was given a choice.

17 minutes ago, No2 said:

Rico also voted for the tories so he's complicit in all this.

Not the least bit surprising, is it? Then he comes on here and spouts his bollocks about pity the poor energy suppliers. You couldnt make it up. Except he does. Constantly. The shithouse narcissist cunt.

10 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Was trying to explain to the other half earlier that rishi nutsac is the lesser of 2 evils when it comes to an unelected prime minister. He's an obnoxious twat, but he did get most businesses through the pandemic. I would trust him with the countries coffers if I was given a choice.

As I’ve mentioned several times on here, Sunak should win simply by virtue of the fact that he isn’t Liz Truss. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not the least bit surprising, is it? Then he comes on here and spouts his bollocks about pity the poor energy suppliers. You couldnt make it up. Except he does. Constantly. The shithouse narcissist cunt.

Have we colonised Mars yet? Asking for a friend. 

You’ve proved throughout this thread you know nothing about this industry.  Literally nothing. Stick to waxing your fucking Twingo.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to know where the real solution can be found...Is it 

The suppliers to customers...

The providers to suppliers...

The regulator for the suppliers...

The government for the regulators...

Another variant of the above...

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

We need a stronger regulator

to stop the previous race to the bottom 
We need as close to self sufficiency as possible 

That comes from A) More renewables B) Nuclear C) Much quicker if we reduce demand by improving efficiency or just using less. 
Well run and well hedged suppliers (needs strong regulator)

Smart meters in every home and business

Colonisation of Mars to the extent we can have mega factories building mill…sorry, ignore this one. 

30 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I did in the second to last one but you voted for Tony Blair and he’s a war criminal so swings and roundabouts. 

I'm Irish Rico, I done no such thing. You and ilk are responsible for this thread.

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

In fairness the OP was bang on the money

He was. 

The start of the thread is funny, Partridge telling the guy running a significant part of the S1 programme all about S1 and how it works.  I should have bowed out too but would have never got to hear the genius on Dyson swarms. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

All of the above and more. But it's going to take a shitload of money and a good couple of years to resolve.

The real solution is that we need the war in Ukraine to end. Not because that in itself is causing these high prices, but because the energy companies and their political stooges are using it as an excuse to jack up prices to unbelievable levels. Once the war is over, these shitbags will probably find another excuse to keep prices high. Funny how two wars in the Gulf, the region that supplies most of the gas and oil barely had an impact on energy prices over here but we're expected to believe the Russian-Ukraine conflict is causing this cost of living crisis.

• Upvote 1

I've just read about the standing charge. I never knew they charged you daily for the privilege of providing power. I'm actually quite angry about this and it would be an easy solution. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've just read about the standing charge. I never knew they charged you daily for the privilege of providing power. I'm actually quite angry about this and it would be an easy solution. 

Yes but @Rico1304 explained this to us the other week. The SC is important because it pays for all the work that needs doing when shit goes wrong. The SC has increased because there's more work that needs doing to pipe up our homes with our new high-cost fancy-pants gas/electricity supply. 

If the bills are too much for you, just cancel your Netflix subscription or use less as some Tory cunt said. 

13 minutes ago, Bot said:

Yes but @Rico1304 explained this to us the other week. The SC is important because it pays for all the work that needs doing when shit goes wrong. The SC has increased because there's more work that needs doing to pipe up our homes with our new high-cost fancy-pants gas/electricity supply. 

If the bills are too much for you, just cancel your Netflix subscription or use less as some Tory cunt said. 

And this is acceptable? If this policy existed everywhere we’d be paying to use everything before paying to use it.

28 minutes ago, Bot said:

It’s not just that, it pays for the SoLR fund and green initiatives too.  

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Our neighbours have 32 solar panels and are investigating using them to power batteries for all their electricity.  We've got 16, I'm interested to see if this could work for us.

Tesla do a good battery (Powerwall) that can be used in series so in theory it’s possible.  Think they are about £4k each last time I looked.