You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) - Wednesday 19th May, 8:15pm

Trumo

9 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Plenty of blacks can speak English well. (Yes, really.) He tends not to sign such individuals. 

Lennon, Nakhi Wells, Steven Reid, Andre Grey, N'Koudou, Darikwa. I mean, it's not nothing. Sounds like you do think he's racist.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

I don't think you could say black footballers are underrepresented in this country at all. Maybe 30-40 years ago there was a definite case, definitely not today.

You are just looking for something that isn't there and dare i suggest, that it is YOU that has a problem here. Jurgen is halfway down the list what does that signify? Does it mean Parker is less racist? What are the stats supposed to be telling us exactly?

Either way you slice it theres a hint of an attempt at smearing someone here. Footballers are brought in based on their ability, fit for the tactical setup and key attributes.

Its a really shit take, I wonder if he's seen it because if it was me I wouldn't be happy.

Unless the author wants to ask him outright why he isn't statistically signing black players? Doubt he would though.

Nobody said black players were underrepresented in this country. Try reading the article. 

Klopp isn't "half way down the list" in the way you appear to imply. Klopp signs black players at about the league average. In other words, his record in this respect is unremarkable.

Dyche's record, by contrast, is statistically remarkable. Which is why people remark on it. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lennon, Nakhi Wells, Steven Reid, Andre Grey, N'Koudou, Darikwa. I mean, it's not nothing. Sounds like you do think he's racist.

Have you actually read the article? A handful of names doesn't alter anything here. 

I don't know if he's a racist. 

Just now, Josef Svejk said:

Have you actually read the article? A handful of names doesn't alter anything here. 

I don't know if he's a racist. 

No, I didn't read it, I can look at who Burnley signed, that is available information.

Your last sentence is a cop out. Clearly you do think he's racist, otherwise you wouldn't care.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

No, I didn't read it, I can look at who Burnley signed, that is available information.

Your last sentence is a cop out. Clearly you do think he's racist, otherwise you wouldn't care.

If you didn't read the article, then you literally don't know what I'm talking about. You're attempting to counter quantitative data with a short list of names.

I think he may be a racist. I don't know that he is a racist. I don't care whether you consider that a cop out. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Josef Svejk said:

If you didn't read the article, then you literally don't know what I'm talking about. You're attempting to counter quantitative data with a short list of names.

I think he may be a racist. I don't know that he is a racist. I don't care whether you consider that a cop out. 

Look, I can only do so much at the same time. I can work and post on this forum. I can't work, post on this forum, and read some scrub's article at the same time.

OK, so you think he's racist after tiptoeing around the subject, good for you. 

11 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Nobody said black players were underrepresented in this country. Try reading the article. 

Klopp isn't "half way down the list" in the way you appear to imply. Klopp signs black players at about the league average. In other words, his record in this respect is unremarkable.

Dyche's record, by contrast, is statistically remarkable. Which is why people remark on it. 

You did here:

"of course, it may be so. As may all  forms of minority underrepresentation in almost every area of socio-economic life. But the urge to question these patterns and to seek explanations for them - even where you suspect the worst - is hardly "ridiculous"."

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Look, I can only do so much at the same time. I can work and post on this forum. I can't work, post on this forum, and read some scrub's article at the same time.

OK, so you think he's racist after tiptoeing around the subject, good for you. 

You've enough time to offer an opinion on something you have no knowledge of. So, a good deal too much time. 

In any case, reading the article would have taken less time than compiling a list of black Burnley players.

As for the final paragraph: not what I said. 

3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

You've enough time to offer an opinion on something you have no knowledge of. So, a good deal too much time. 

In any case, reading the article would have taken less time than compiling a list of black Burnley players.

As for the final paragraph: not what I said. 

What are you on about? You literally said you think he's racist. 

13 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You did here:

"of course, it may be so. As may all  forms of minority underrepresentation in almost every area of socio-economic life. But the urge to question these patterns and to seek explanations for them - even where you suspect the worst - is hardly "ridiculous"."

None of that entails that black players are underrepresented in Premier League football. Clearly (comparing percentage of players with percentage of overall population), they aren't.

I was discussing minority underrepresentation (by the relevant standard established in the article) at one club. 

33 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I think he may be a racist

8 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Read it again, you illiterate. 

Was it the "may" that makes me illiterate? I think you may be a cunt. Despite the "may" rest assured I do believe it, just like you do.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've never been so scared of a Burnley in my life. They are a magnificent outfit and we are fucking Tom Davies wardrobe.

If our players are having sex with an Everton player’s furniture, it’s hard to see next season being any better than this one.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Was it the "may" that makes me illiterate? I think you may be a cunt. Despite the "may" rest assured I do believe it, just like you do.

I may well be a cunt. That's neither here nor there. 

You, by contrast, are evidently the kind of gobshite who, all partisan, wades into a discussion of something you haven't bothered to read. 

15 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I may well be a cunt. That's neither here nor there. 

You, by contrast, are evidently the kind of gobshite who, all partisan, wades into a discussion of something you haven't bothered to read. 

Guilty. Reading is for nerds.

Although a draw could turn out ok, I hope we go all out 2014 circa(I think) when we just blew teams away.

I was expecting it against Albion and although we controlled the game it wasn't gung ho.

Shit or bust for me now.

0-4 halftime, cruise and add a fifth late on.

I was at Burnley away in the league/milk/rumbelows cup, after a couple of pints before the game, went the chippy.

Fella in front with the best wool/sheep shagging voice said,

"Do yu sell pies?"

"Yes"

"Do yu sell peas?"

"Yes"

"Eeeh, that's grand. Pie and peas please"

Get some fuckin chips you tramp.

• Upvote 3

Is it just a matter of perception but these sides play us like if they dont win the world will end. Remember Newcastle last game of the season a few seasons ago and they fucking battled like stopping us from getting 3 points meant they all got eternal youth. They never put a performance in like it all season.