You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

6 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yeah, Pant had to take guard again.  Scandal.

I think Smith should be impeached.

India far too good today.

Good on them.

He’s a cheat, he’s always been a cheat. You’d think after getting away with it before he’d stop.  But he can’t.  Because he’s a cheat. 

Maybe he can have a little cry and you’ll forgive him.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s a cheat, he’s always been a cheat. You’d think after getting away with it before he’d stop.  But he can’t.  Because he’s a cheat. 

Maybe he can have a little cry and you’ll forgive him.  

I can't stand him.

As for forgiveness?  

No, we're in lynch mode worldwide now.

Fuck forgiveness.

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He was forgiven for his last bout of cheating.  He’s done it again.  Do we just rinse and repeat?  

It's all there on video, mate.

Fire away.

Not only was he forgiven, Australian arms of worldwide consulting firms got him in to lecture staff and clients and the general populace about "owning" your mistakes etc...

It was a PR triumph.

Test cricket needs two leagues.

Australia/India/New Zealand/South Africa/England.

Pakistan/Sri Lanka/West Indies/Bangladesh/Afghanistan/Zimbabwe/Ireland.

One up from, one down, every few years. And you can boot out the bottom team from the second division if they're just getting bummed every game. But the amount of tests that are a complete waste of time because you know the result by half way through the second session needs sorting out.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

One up from, one down, every few years. And you can boot out the bottom team from the second division if they're just getting bummed every game. But the amount of tests that are a complete waste of time because you know the result by half way through the second session needs sorting out.

Something along these lines yes, something needs to be done for sure, obviously t20 baseball has added to the malaise but it seems as if they’re happy to just let test cricket drift and other than the odd decent test or series it all just seems predictable and pointless. Some of the batting performances you see these days on a regular basis are truly awful.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Who's won this match already?

And Bairstow an England No3 now?

On 11/01/2021 at 08:13, Rico1304 said:

Steve Smith should never be allowed on the field again 

I was one of the many who stood and applauded him on his double century at Old Trafford in 2019. That day he was immense and I genuinely thought, I'm watching one of the world's greatest ever batsmen in full flow right in front of me. Even after his shenanigans with the sand paper. 

Then you see this. It wouldn't surprise me if that sand paper business was going on during the Ashes in Australia. Steve Smith will always be tarred with the cheating brush after all the PR work to rebuild his career.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Honestly think the Smith thing has been blown out of all proportion, and i cant stand the fella. It's gamesmanship more than cheating in my opinion. Easy enough to ask the umpire where you should take guard again, really. 

Yeah it wasn’t cheating, just stupid twatty behaviour. The rush to defend him though has been a bit nauseating. Just admit he’s a twat.