You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bad shit going down in Brussels

whether that's how it's written or not, it clearly has eveolved hasn't it? Otherwise Sunnis and shias wouldn't be blowing shit out of each other. 

A lot of the middle east used to be reasonably tolerant and secular, Iraq had more Christians than Pitcairn Island, Tariq Aziz is/was a Christian I think. 'Islam' isn't some monolithic barbarian head chopping religion, a faction has evolved that is and it's screaming the loudest, the more we call it the enemy - the easier it is for it to draw recruits. 

There are radicals and extremists in every ideology. Radical Christians, radical Communists, radical bankers. George Osborne is an economic extremist, Donald Trump is a political extremist. 

Brussells and Paris was all about starting these conversations, we are effectively giving them what they wanted. 

As much as people seem to be absolutely set against the reality of a huge proportion of global muslims supporting quite barbaric shit, that is what the figures show us. Whether that is something that has grown in the last few decades would be an interesting thing to see.

If the numbers of people that believe you should die for leaving my religion are hugely out of sync with the numbers across other religions then I have a problem in my religion. I don't see how you can get around that logic.

As much as people seem to be absolutely set against the reality of a huge proportion of global muslims supporting quite barbaric shit, that is what the figures show us. Whether that is something that has grown in the last few decades would be an interesting thing to see.

If the numbers of people that believe you should die for leaving my religion are hugely out of sync with the numbers across other religions then I have a problem in my religion. I don't see how you can get around that logic.

What figures?

Naz17 can you explain why you should not be imprisoned or deported, I'd be interested to hear your reasoning.

You have already stated you have contention with PC culture, which previously has found dissenters serving time. I will presume until otherwise you hold no views that could jeopardise your freedom.

But why do you think you should not be imprisoned or deported?

Naz17 can you explain why you should not be imprisoned or deported, I'd be interested to hear your reasoning.

You have already stated you have contention with PC culture, which previously has found dissenters serving time. I will presume until otherwise you hold no views that could jeopardise your freedom.

But why do you think you should not be imprisoned or deported?

I don't understand.

You have to provide your figures. Where and what are they? Forthcome evidencing your own claim.

There was a survey after the Charlie Hedbo thing where a fair percentage of Muslims said they didn't disagree with the murderers.

Can't be arsed looking for the exact figures but they weren't particularly encouraging, the question was a bit loaded as well from what I remember.

Any figures you can find. PEW have the most comprehensive I've seen.

I'm open to any figures that contradict what I'm saying. None have been forthcoming each time I ask.

Pew themselves along with many other pollsters say there are issues with polling. They get something like 1 in 10 replies, the same questions asked by phone and in writing have provided different replies. There are even some critics of how Pew carry out their research and the questions they ask. I'm not sure why someone should provide you with alternative figures when the poll you point to is open to criticism.

About 1400 years? These kind of attacks came about by their founder Muhammad in his wars against other tribes.

Suicide belts and machine guns on airports? Even down to the one glove and luggage trolley yeah?

This is gripping stuff.

Must be a stray bible page describing gods destruction of the tower of babel that blew into the koran from a bible and confused them 9/11 hijackers or possibly that time mohammed flew on a swans back into a roman fort blowing it to peices.

He also bombed london underground but forgot the correct wiring for the detonator.

• Upvote 1

The koran forbidded suicide it is considered one of the biggest sins.

Therein lies your first problem describing suicide bombers as muslim. They can shout allou akbar till theyre blue in the face they clearly arent following that religion.

Fair challenge on those who are suicide bombers. However it's slightly murky when there are clear scripture references that praise martyrdom and dying for Islam.

However even if we were to contend that suicide bombing is haram (which is debatable), what about the killers who don't commit suicide?

• Upvote 1

It can be justified. In the same way that horrific abuse against people in the name of Christianity can be justified - through warped, fucked up logic, and when you feel subjugated or have been pushed up against a wall for a serious amount of time that sort of thinking is far more prevalent. In practice, most Muslims aren't carrying out suicide bombings.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would deny there is a problem with Isis, or that there is a problem with Saudi Arabia or any other number of nations that commit atrocities in the name of Islam. However this divisive argument about their religion being worse than all the others, when most Muslims are just trying to live a peaceful life, serves no purpose other than to recruit more people into the extremist sect of said religion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1