You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

iphone cases. Why?

Anny Road

You beat me to it with the Turdseye reference. I was wondering how he'd decide which pocket was for what

Nobody listens to me when I say I don't wear cargo jeans anymore. I wear standard jeans, however I've changed my style so I now wear button up shirts with jeans and pristine white trabs. The shirts give the option of one, maybe two, extra pockets for emergencies.

Nobody listens to me when I say I don't wear cargo jeans anymore. I wear standard jeans, however I've changed my style so I now wear button up shirts with jeans and pristine white trabs. The shirts give the option of one, maybe two, extra pockets for emergencies.

If you button the top button on the shirt and wear it without a tie,you are welcome at any day care centre around the country with no questions asked.

If you button the top button on the shirt and wear it without a tie,you are welcome at any day care centre around the country with no questions asked.

I have one shirt that looks better with the top button done up, the rest I obviously leave the top button undone. Well, I say that, Mrs Turdseye is currently on button duties until I get the use of my hand back.

I loved the look of my phone and didnt want it sullied by a shitty case and then I dropped it getting out of the car, denting the top corner which dislodged the screen and the thing had to be replaced. I've got a shitty case thing for it now. Those plastic screen savery things are a step too far though

Those clear plastic screensavers are brilliant. I've got one one mine and you wouldn't know it was there, i'm THAT good.

I've seen loads of people with smashed phones, so it makes sense to me. I have a case on my phone if i'm outside, i take it off if i'm in the house.

I've only smashed one screen, but dropped it many times outside... Where did the screen crack last time I dropped it ... In the kitchen on the hard tiled floor.

Cos the phone's shit. I dropped one on the flooring at work and the fucking screen now has a massive crack in it.

Not saying a case would deffo have saved it but it might have done.

Oh and Id tell yer boss to done one insisting on expensive apple unless he paid for it.

Come here while I give you a love, CT

For me a case is a cast-iron necessity.  Spend 10 quid on a good one and easily quadruple the lifespan of your phone.

That's why it mystifies me that they spend so much time making sure it's going to look sleek and machined from a single block of aluminium and all that.  If I buy it it's immediately going to be encased in a big rubber sleeve, preferably one with thickened rubber corners.  I work outdoors and drop my phone all the time, if not for a heavy-duty case it wouldn't last three months.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I prefer those flip style wallets. Think about it lads, these smart phones cost the best part of 500 notes for a good one. After purchasing mine last year I had one of those rubbish bumper style covers which are pants in certain circumstances. I was on the piss down town and put my smart phone in the same pocket as my keys.....low and behold the keys pressed into the screen and fucked it!!! Luckily enough the missus's cousin has insurance for liability and we screwed the fuckers to get it fixed. breaking the glass is not going to happen with my wallet style cover, I can also use the cover to put my bank card in whilst out on the piss. 

I don't have a case. Got an iPhone 5c and it is the perfect size, a case would only make it more clumpy and annoying. She knocked it off the dining room table onto the wooden floor the other week and the screen looks like someone has tatted it with a hammer. Whose laughing now.