You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

They wont offer the wages top playera want so finishing in the top four under them wont make the slightest bit of difference. Itd be backwards right away.

This club is never going to push on until under new ownership.

Is right.

We are run like a corner shop and we are trying to compete with Tescos, The Asda and Sainsburys.

FSG aren't interested in winning at Liverpool - except financially.

They need to hurry up and clear their massive profit from us and do one.

I dont want oligarchs,sheiks or Chinese triads in charge of the club just a set of owners who have a good business model and have a good combination business and sports nouse. FSG arent the best but neither are the worst either. Big transfer chests mean higher ticket prices and screwing supporters even more,no thanks. Lets just buy and coach players who give a shit and that will do for me.

• Upvote 1

I dont want oligarchs,sheiks or Chinese triads in charge of the club just a set of owners who have a good business model and have a good combination business and sports nouse. FSG arent the best but neither are the worst either. Big transfer chests mean higher ticket prices and screwing supporters even more,no thanks. Lets just buy and coach players who give a shit and that will do for me.

Aren't we already paying some of the highest ticket prices on earth to watch the likes of emre, Jordan & Ginny Weasley fanny around the pitch for us. I can't imagine the likes of juve and Bayern fans tolerating the shit we have to watch for the prices we charge

• Upvote 6

Well it turns out he was after Greizmann for 7 milion when he was at Real sociedad.. Just did a quick google search...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1330234/Liverpool-set-win-race-sign-7m-Real-Sociedad-star-Antoine-Griezmann.html

I've read Fulham nearly signed him around that time and opted for Mitro?????ic instead for eleven million,   

It's more the realization that to do noticeably better than what FSG have done, we would need an oligarch/royal family/government to purchase the club, which would also be fine by me by the way.

Arsenal and Spurs are examples of clubs who are run in relatively similar fashion to us because they don't possess almost unlimited wealth, and just like us they win very little and have to operate a more ''sustainable'' model.

Once people realize that football is essentially a lottery and that the clubs which are chosen by the planet's very richest are the ones which will taste ultimate success, then you stop nit-picking at every single little decision that you think that FSG could do better because they don't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

They've hired a very good manager and given what he says time and time again, he has money to spend. That's all FSG can really do at the moment in the football side of things.

Do you ever get tired of shilling? Spurs have finished above us 6 of the last 7 seasons, and this season will probably make it 7 in 8. It's a massive underachievement.

• Upvote 3

I'll go along with that mate,it's funny when you look back now on old Mooresie,he sold the club because he thought that he'd taken us as far as he could.But he won more than all these yanks put together.Maybe he cared.

Do you ever get tired of shilling? Spurs have finished above us 6 of the last 7 seasons, and this season will probably make it 7 in 8. It's a massive underachievement.

Yeah, good for them but what have they won exactly? That's right, dick-all save a cup in 08. I've got respect for Spurs and think they are well-run but you've just proved my point that just being marginally smarter than other clubs means fuck all unless your owners are filthy rich. 

There was nothing stopping Moore's running the club exactly as we are now. We spend a lot less than we earn, no new stadium, no new signings on high wages. Only difference now is we're owned by people who don't give a fuck what happens to the club as long as the dollars keep rolling in.

Without a doubt we're much worse off from back then.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Yeah, good for them but what have they won exactly? That's right, dick-all save a cup in 08. I've got respect for Spurs and think they are well-run but you've just proved my point that just being marginally smarter than other clubs means fuck all unless your owners are filthy rich. 

We've not exactly been filling up the trophy cabinet in the last decade.

There was nothing stopping Moore's running the club exactly as we are now. We spend a lot less than we earn, no new stadium, no new signings on high wages. Only difference now is we're owned by people who don't give a fuck what happens to the club as long as the dollars keep rolling in.

Without a doubt we're much worse off from back then.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Well Grinch it certainly makes you think mate.
  • Upvote 1

These owners have done a very good job at improving the club in terms of all the commercial stuff, which we were shite at even when we were boss.

We had that little souvenir shop in the main stand car park when the mancs were building a mega store!

They have brought in nous about marketing and commercial activities etc..and done a good job - sponsorships, partnerships, initiatives that increase revenue etc...

Sadly they are less bothered about the other bit - the actually winning things on the park bit and the investment/infrastructure that is needed to do that.

I actually thought Comolli did quite well here and at Spurs, looking back we were linked with some players who have turned out borderline world class and the ones he did buy like Henderson could be sold for double what we paid. Think he was sacked for the Carroll and Downing signings. Which by the way were terrible but he at least identified good players.