You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Presumably we have stopped selling arms to the Saudis?

And prevented them from whitewashing their image here?

Has anyone said that? Really? 

You can be critical of more than one organisation at the same time, because you are critical of one does not mean you are supporting the other.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Has anyone said that? Really? 

You can be critical of more than one organisation at the same time, because you are critical of one does not mean you are supporting the other.

But we are not really in a position to question others on their stance towards the saudis are we?

We can hardly claim the moral high ground on that particular issue.

33 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Stupid question undeserving of an answer when the issue raised in the guardian report is a focus on the exploitation of workers in meat factory's in the UK and Europe.

I'm talking cunts who own factory's like in the link below, cunts whom cunts like you defend.

"Devon 2 Sisters factory hit by 'key worker' strike involving 170 employees - Devon Live" https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/devon-2-sisters-factory-hit-4028476.amp

What is about some supporters of the EU that makes it impossible for them  to even address an issue of people slavery never mind offer any form of criticism?

Are you a vegetarian?

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody has, the whole world is in a shite state right now but some options are better than others. 

It's a fair point, Scooby Dudek posted an excellent veiw on this outlook a few pages ago. Their are, however an awful lot of people who seem to put the EU as an example of everything good and at the same time everything bad down to a result of us leaving.

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

But we are not really in a position to question others on their stance towards the saudis are we?

We can hardly claim the moral high ground on that particular issue.

Who's claiming the "moral high ground"? Not me.

Why can't we question others?

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I don't know this at all, the EU is definitely to blame, its policy on EU expansion for cheap labour fuelled it.

Right. On the one hand, you say "the EU is definitely to blame" (while providing no rationale or evidence); on the other hand, literally everybody in the world who works to prevent slavery agrees (with reason and evidence) that increasing rights for migrant workers is the most effective way to tackle modern slavery.

You're in a bubble of one here.

47 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Stupid question undeserving of an answer when the issue raised in the guardian report is a focus on the exploitation of workers in meat factory's in the UK and Europe.

I'm talking cunts who own factory's like in the link below, cunts whom cunts like you defend.

"Devon 2 Sisters factory hit by 'key worker' strike involving 170 employees - Devon Live" https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/devon-2-sisters-factory-hit-4028476.amp

What is about some supporters of the EU that makes it impossible for them  to even address an issue of people slavery never mind offer any form of criticism?

What does slavery have to do with that story?

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Right. On the one hand, you say "the EU is definitely to blame" (while providing no rationale or evidence); on the other hand, literally everybody in the world who works to prevent slavery agrees (with reason and evidence) that increasing rights for migrant workers is the most effective way to tackle modern slavery.

You're in a bubble of one here.

If you're talking about the guardian report on slave labour throught Europe in the meat industry oh come on Angry ffs, the EU has seen this shit for a long time, certain people are reaping the reward for EU expansion and with it a large/cheap workforce, its an EU wet dream.

You're right about me being in a bubble of one on here though.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I don't need to ask if you're a closet tory.

So you're a consumer of cheap supermarket meat then. Only had to yes you hypocrite.

And you still haven't confirmed that the EU have expanded into the Middle East, causing the issues on the Belarus Poland border. Will await that one.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Who's claiming the "moral high ground"? Not me.

Why can't we question others?

We can and should criticise every single national and supranational entity complicit in atrocities around the world; but it makes more sense to start with our own Government, rather than pick some random body that we're not a party to and blame them for everything.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

If you're talking about the guardian report on slave labour throught Europe in the meat industry oh come on Angry ffs, the EU has seen this shit for a long time, certain people are reaping the reward for EU expansion and with it a large/cheap workforce, its an EU wet dream.

You're right about me being in a bubble of one on here though.

I never said you're in a bubble of one on here; I said you're in a bubble of one globally, on the subject of slavery.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We can and should criticise every single national and supranational entity complicit in atrocities around the world; but it makes more sense to start with our own Government, rather than pick some random body that we're not a party to and blame them for everything.

Nice bit of whitewashing there Angry. 

We're on the EU thread discussing Vonn der Leyens response to the situation in Belarus ffs. It's perfectly reasonable to bring up her other foreign policy veiws. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I never said you're in a bubble of one on here; I said you're in a bubble of one globally, on the subject of slavery.

Well that's plainly nonsense, worker exploitation/modern day slavery has been flagged up by luminaries far more worthy than someone like me.

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

So you're a consumer of cheap supermarket meat then. Only had to yes you hypocrite.

Show me where in that post i've said I'm a consumer of supermarket meat!!!  

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

And you still haven't confirmed that the EU have expanded into the Middle East, causing the issues on the Belarus Poland border. Will await that one.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Show me where in that post i've said I'm a consumer of supermarket meat!!!  

You eat cheap meat you fucking hypocrite. I bet you hang round the meat aisle until a whole chicken is 50p. If you and your fellow Kippers didn't eat cheap meat every day there wouldn't be the pressure to continually reduce wages.

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It's a fair point, Scooby Dudek posted an excellent veiw on this outlook a few pages ago. Their are, however an awful lot of people who seem to put the EU as an example of everything good and at the same time everything bad down to a result of us leaving.

Who? 

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

You eat cheap meat you fucking hypocrite. I bet you hang round the meat aisle until a whole chicken is 50p. If you and your fellow Kippers didn't eat cheap meat every day there wouldn't be the pressure to continually reduce wages.

Oh so it's the consumers fault, not the billionaires who own the factorys and pay shit wages, thanks for clearing that up.

Oh and youre also wrong on me eating cheap meat.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Oh so it's the consumers fault, not the billionaires who own the factorys and pay shit wages, thanks for clearing that up.

Oh and youre also wrong on me eating cheap meat.

You're a cheap meat demanding hypocrite. A hypocrite who is supporting the policy pushed by tax avoiders and big businesses.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Who? 

Who Scooby or who's supporting the EU?

If its the latter look at this page and count the posters sticking up for or showing empathy for workers in the guardian article posted above on meat factory's throughout the EU, then look at the posters defending the system and the factory's owners. 

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well that's plainly nonsense, worker exploitation/modern day slavery has been flagged up by luminaries far more worthy than someone like me.

It's really not nonsense. It doesn't take a luminary to

a.  Understand that slavery is categorically different from "normal" low pay/poor conditions exploitation.

b.  Understand that the best way to protect migrant workers from slavery is to give them the legal right to work (and thereby give them full protection of the law).

Nobody who knows about modern slavery agrees with your unfounded assertion that giving citizenship rights to migrant workers makes it worse.