You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've just walked out.

lifetime fan

• 1 month later...

Just sent this email to the MD, CEO, Regional Manager, her deputy and copied Dawn in.

Hi Michelle

It is with great sadness I have resigned from the NAS.

I have worked for the NAS in excess of 15 years and whilst no organisation is perfect I have loved working for an organisation that champions the rights of those with autism, the vulnerable and those who need support.

My first 14 years of service covered a myriad of roles; starting as a Trainee Support Worker then, Support Worker, Activity Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Practitioner, Senior Practitioner and for the last 4 years Deputy Manager of Pinecroft. I have been a dedicated, committed and enthusiastic member of staff, I have always worked additional hours to help the service and promote consistency for the people we support. I even worked in excess of 100 additional hours at the Hayes Hospital without pay to try and assist the NAS in keeping the service going.

I have enjoyed each role and was given the support, training and opportunity to progress my career. That was until the last year.

As many of you may know I lost my wife to a long running battle with cancer in April last year. The 18 months previous to that I had been line managed by Sue West who supported me in such a way I was able to come to work for the vast majority of that time and was able to contribute to the service and feel a valued member of the team.

However, since my return from compassionate leave in June 2014 there has been a change of management at Pinecroft and the service has suffered as a result. Pinecroft is a small service supporting only four adults with a staff team of 9, in the last 2 months 8 of those staff have come to me to complaining about Dawn’s management style and stating they wanted to leave as a result of it. Whilst being supportive of the service and wanting to ensure the best possible consistency for the people we support I have attempted to appease their fears and encouraged them to stay. However I have felt a fraud in doing so seeing as I share exactly the same concerns and fears and have been actively looking for a new post simply due to Dawn’s management style. I will be the third person to leave in the last 2 months as a direct result of Dawn. With another three staff actively looking at leaving.

I am sure if asked, Dawn will complain staff at Pinecroft were reluctant to change and didn’t support her. Nothing could be further from the truth. Pinecroft has/had a very experienced and dedicated staff team, all staff acknowledge the need to progress and move with the times, we all want to follow best practice and ensure the very highest possible standards are implemented for the people who actually pay our salaries. However, for far too long an attitude of staff reluctance to change has been used as an excuse for poor man management and laziness from Dawn. I have never met a woman who can waste 2 hours of her working day to have ‘meetings/chats/catchups’ to complain how busy she is and can’t possibly do her role. Then in the same breath complain about staff not fulfilling  their roles having been given yet more work by her as she couldn’t possibly do it.

The fact Dawn will use this time to criticise members of staff to their colleagues of a same grade has obviously not gone down well as they all know she will be doing the same to them with other colleagues.

An example of such poor man management and shocking attitude was when Dawn told me I would be taking over the line management of a particular member of staff as she “wanted someone normal instead”. The fact this member of staff has dyslexia apparently makes her not ‘normal’. Such an attitude from an NAS manager is quite frankly disgusting. This is on top of refusing to give supervision to a member of staff as she’d “had enough of him”.

This is the woman who has claimed Pinecroft would have closed under previous management and she had saved it. In the next breath claiming the NAS would look to close Pinecroft if there were any vacancies but she wasn’t going to look to fill any beds as she ‘was too busy’. Doing what I’m still not sure.

I sincerely hope the concerns of the staff and myself are taken seriously and investigated as the 4 gentleman living at Pinecroft deserve so much better.

If you would like to discuss my email further please feel free to contact me on my personal email; colin.isacunt@yahoo.com or mobile; ***********.

Regards

Colin

• Upvote 6

Hmmmmm...While I appreciate that must have been incredibly cathartic, unless your work colleagues have previously raised their concerns with senior management or Dawn, you have just chucked them under the bus a bit.Especially if she is as vindictive as you suggest.

I've not said anything that hasn't been said to her face mate.

Just sent this email to the MD, CEO, Regional Manager, her deputy and copied Dawn in.

Hi Michelle

It is with great sadness I have resigned from the NAS.

I have worked for the NAS in excess of 15 years and whilst no organisation is perfect I have loved working for an organisation that champions the rights of those with autism, the vulnerable and those who need support.

My first 14 years of service covered a myriad of roles; starting as a Trainee Support Worker then, Support Worker, Activity Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Practitioner, Senior Practitioner and for the last 4 years Deputy Manager of Pinecroft. I have been a dedicated, committed and enthusiastic member of staff, I have always worked additional hours to help the service and promote consistency for the people we support. I even worked in excess of 100 additional hours at the Hayes Hospital without pay to try and assist the NAS in keeping the service going.

I have enjoyed each role and was given the support, training and opportunity to progress my career. That was until the last year.

As many of you may know I lost my wife to a long running battle with cancer in April last year. The 18 months previous to that I had been line managed by Sue West who supported me in such a way I was able to come to work for the vast majority of that time and was able to contribute to the service and feel a valued member of the team.

However, since my return from compassionate leave in June 2014 there has been a change of management at Pinecroft and the service has suffered as a result. Pinecroft is a small service supporting only four adults with a staff team of 9, in the last 2 months 8 of those staff have come to me to complaining about Dawn’s management style and stating they wanted to leave as a result of it. Whilst being supportive of the service and wanting to ensure the best possible consistency for the people we support I have attempted to appease their fears and encouraged them to stay. However I have felt a fraud in doing so seeing as I share exactly the same concerns and fears and have been actively looking for a new post simply due to Dawn’s management style. I will be the third person to leave in the last 2 months as a direct result of Dawn. With another three staff actively looking at leaving.

I am sure if asked, Dawn will complain staff at Pinecroft were reluctant to change and didn’t support her. Nothing could be further from the truth. Pinecroft has/had a very experienced and dedicated staff team, all staff acknowledge the need to progress and move with the times, we all want to follow best practice and ensure the very highest possible standards are implemented for the people who actually pay our salaries. However, for far too long an attitude of staff reluctance to change has been used as an excuse for poor man management and laziness from Dawn. I have never met a woman who can waste 2 hours of her working day to have ‘meetings/chats/catchups’ to complain how busy she is and can’t possibly do her role. Then in the same breath complain about staff not fulfilling  their roles having been given yet more work by her as she couldn’t possibly do it.

The fact Dawn will use this time to criticise members of staff to their colleagues of a same grade has obviously not gone down well as they all know she will be doing the same to them with other colleagues.

An example of such poor man management and shocking attitude was when Dawn told me I would be taking over the line management of a particular member of staff as she “wanted someone normal instead”. The fact this member of staff has dyslexia apparently makes her not ‘normal’. Such an attitude from an NAS manager is quite frankly disgusting. This is on top of refusing to give supervision to a member of staff as she’d “had enough of him”.

This is the woman who has claimed Pinecroft would have closed under previous management and she had saved it. In the next breath claiming the NAS would look to close Pinecroft if there were any vacancies but she wasn’t going to look to fill any beds as she ‘was too busy’. Doing what I’m still not sure.

I sincerely hope the concerns of the staff and myself are taken seriously and investigated as the 4 gentleman living at Pinecroft deserve so much better.

If you would like to discuss my email further please feel free to contact me on my personal email; colin.isacunt@yahoo.com or mobile; ***********.

Regards

Colin

Beautiful.