You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twin Peaks.

Frankenhooker

• 4 months later...

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/twin-peaks-trailer-shows-the-cult-series-in-production-watch/395956?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twinpeaks

Twin Peaks trailer shows the cult series in production – watch

TwinPeaksGb230112.article_x4.jpg

Fans can return to the foggy north-west American location of David Lynch's cult 90s series Twin Peaks, in the brand new trailer shared today (December 18). 

The critically acclaimed supernatural mystery show ran for two series from 1990-1991 and focused on the investigation into the murder of Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee), a high school homecoming queen, by FBI detective Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan). 

Amanda Seyfried, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Robert Knepper and Balthazar Getty are all rumoured to have been cast as new characters, while original cast members said to be returning include Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer), Richard Beymer (Benjamin Horne), Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs), Mädchen Amick (Shelly Johnson), Everett McGill (Ed Hurley), Wendy Robie (Nadine Hurley) and Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne). 

Kyle MacLachlan is confirmed to be returning in the new series as Special Agent Dale Cooper. The president of the show's new Showtime network, David Nevins, has said of the series' cast: "You should be optimistic that the people that you want [back] will be there, and then there will be some surprises in addition." 

The new episodes were written and produced by series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost, and they will all be directed by David Lynch. 

Speaking in the trailer, original actor Michael Horse, who played Deputy Hawk, says, "Location sometimes becomes a character. There's a lot of holy places up here, a lot of sacred places. I can't put my finger on how I would describe it, it just touches something in the psyche, it's almost like being in a moving painting." See the new footage below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTmiO-91dG8&ab_channel=FlickeringMyth

• Upvote 3

Really looking forward to the new series. We were out in the Pacific NW this summer and had an afternoon driving around 'Twin Peaks', stopping at Snoqualmie Falls (the Great Northern) and eating cherry pie, with a damn fine cup of coffee, at the Double R. It was ace.

• Upvote 3

Really looking forward to the new series. We were out in the Pacific NW this summer and had an afternoon driving around 'Twin Peaks', stopping at Snoqualmie Falls (the Great Northern) and eating cherry pie, with a damn fine cup of coffee, at the Double R. It was ace.

Officially jealous.

Would love to visit Audrey at One Eyed Jacks.

• Upvote 1

We'll know if you visited the Black Lodge if prostitutes start to go missing in your local area.

• 4 months later...

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/apr/25/twin-peaks-revival-cast-monica-bellucci-david-duchovny

The entire cast of the Twin Peaks revival has been revealed, with the announcement that new stars such as Monica Bellucci, Laura Dern and Jim Belushi are to join key original cast members.

While the return of Kyle MacLachlan had already been announced, a full list of all 217 cast members, published by the US cable channel Showtime, indicates that he will be rejoined by David Duchovny, Alicia Witt, David Patrick Kelly – who all had minor roles in the original series – and Harry Dean Stanton, who appeared in the big screen version, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me .

The series, set 25 years after the story last ended, will apparently not include original cast members Lara Flynn Boyle (who played Donna Hayward) and Piper Laurie (who played Catherine Martell) when it airs next year.

New characters will be played by Naomi Watts, Tom Sizemore, Jessica Szohr, Amanda Seyfried, Matthew Lillard, Balthazar Getty, Hailey Gates, Ernie Hudson, Ashley Judd and David Koechner as well as the musicians Eddie Vedder and Trent Reznor.

Fans had already been excited by the announcement that David Lynch, who co-wrote the original, would return to the director’s chair he vacated after overseeing the critically acclaimed first season.

It was also public knowledge that a way had been found for Sheryl Lee, who played the deceased Laura Palmer, to return to the cast and would be joined by other actors including Sherilyn Fenn, who played Audrey Horne.

If you haven't already read it, I really recommend 'Reflections, An Oral History Of Twin Peaks'. It's a book of interviews with Cast and crew, really informative and quite funny in places.

Will have a look, thanks.

I'm not a big fan of DVDs or bonus material, but someone showed me a few interviews off the box set or whatever and the actors were completely ripping into season 2 and saying how shit it was. That was really funny I thought.

• 5 months later...

Sherilyn Fenn not very happy on Twitter this past couple of days. She's got big beef over something to do with the new series. Hope she doesn't pull out.

Also recently discovered she was dating Prince for a bit. That totally blew my mind. Imagine. Bet they got up to some serious mischief.

Sherilyn Fenn not very happy on Twitter this past couple of days. She's got big beef over something to do with the new series. Hope she doesn't pull out.

Also recently discovered she was dating Prince for a bit. That totally blew my mind. Imagine. Bet they got up to some serious mischief.

She'll do well to pull out, it finished filming back in April.

I love Sherilyn Fenn but she's a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Mark Frosts Twin Peaks book is supposed to be out later in the week.

I've got Mark Frost's book on order, hopefully should get it this week. Not sure if i'll get around to reading it though, that's another matter entirely.

I've also got that Oral Reflections book, i should deffo read that.

Watched Blue Velvet the other day for the first time in ages. Dennis Hopper is brilliant. His Frank is well scarier than Bob from Twin Peaks i always thought. Hope there'll be someone like that in the new series, or Mister Eddie from Lost Highway. Or the Mystery Man. And definitely no Windom Earle, he was sh*t.

• Upvote 1