You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend me some favourite players.

Kevin D

Over the last two years, we've become a much better side and a serious threat for the league title.

However, as Rodgers has, rightly, cleaned house and made the squad in his image, he's also lost or discarded a lot of senior players. Carragher, Agger, Reina, Suarez, Kuyt and Maxi. That's without mentioning Johnson not being very good anymore and Lucas being sidelined.

Now, I'm in a position where I only really love one of our players - Gerrard - and dig no more than four - Coutinho, Sturridge, the boy Sterling and my man Skrtel - which isn't nearly enough. I need some new favourites.

I need the good people of this forum to tell me which players I should adopt as favourites and, most importantly, give me a reason.

Edit: It can't be Balotelli.

I feel a bit like this too, i suppose this is what happens when the team becomes the star rather than individuals, im pinning a lot of hope on Moreno and Can, would love it to be Markovic but at the moment it is all just hope.

They couldn't pronounce Josh?

I'm half Nigerian, so my dad decided to give me a dog shit real first name - which I can't even spell.  So when I travel, that same dog shit first name is obviously on my passport.  I was about 10 and they read it out as a sort of "register" to make sure everybody was on the coach.

My name was read out, they all laughed.  Asked me how to spell it, I showed them my passport - they laughed again and said they were just going to call me Dan Shaw instead.  So there you have it, Tony.

• Upvote 3

I'm half Nigerian, so my dad decided to give me a dog shit real first name - which I can't even spell. So when I travel, that same dog shit first name is obviously on my passport. I was about 10 and they read it out as a sort of "register" to make sure everybody was on the coach.

My name was read out, they all laughed. Asked me how to spell it, I showed them my passport - they laughed again and said they were just going to call me Dan Shaw instead. So there you have it, Tony.

You can't spell your own name? I'm calling bollocks. I bet you have one of those brilliant Nigerian names like Good Luck Jonathan or Afro Truth Emanuel.

You can't spell your own name? I'm calling bollocks. I bet you have one of those brilliant Nigerian names like Good Luck Jonathan or Afro Truth Emanuel.

I can now, but couldn't then.  It's really long, I think it means something in Nigerian like "hope and glory" fuck knows, my mums a bitch for letting my dad give me such a dog shit first name. 

I keep meaning to get it fucked off but it costs money and effort to change all my documents.  I always have to check my license whenever I'm filling something in official online to make sure I haven't made a mistake.

• 3 months later...

I'm half Nigerian, so my dad decided to give me a dog shit real first name - which I can't even spell. So when I travel, that same dog shit first name is obviously on my passport. I was about 10 and they read it out as a sort of "register" to make sure everybody was on the coach.

My name was read out, they all laughed. Asked me how to spell it, I showed them my passport - they laughed again and said they were just going to call me Dan Shaw instead. So there you have it, Tony.

I always wondered why I keep getting ads for wire transfers on half the threads you post on.

• 1 month later...