You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Teams' Kits 2014/15

Man Ure Home

ad_140327959.jpg?w=650&h=445&crop=1#038;

Nuff said.

Arsenal

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/11/article-2607738-1F8DFFA900000578-475_634x417.jpg

Two variations on familiar themes and one... whatever that is meant to be.

Southampton Home

Southampton-new-kit.jpg

Quite right, too.

West Ham Home

West-Ham-home-kit.jpg

Horrible.  A real West Ham kit has blue sleeves.  You might wear this shirt to sit around eating your breckie in, but you wouldn't play football in it.

QPR 3rd

QPR-201415-Kit-Launch--Third-Kit.jpg

Joey Barton dressed like something from 1960s/70s Leeds.  Appropriate.

Palace Home and Away.

Crystal-Palace-new-kits.jpg

It's probably best that these two are standing at a respectable distance.  There'd be a serious risk of eye-AIDS if all those colours blended together.

Where did this trend for skin tight football shirts come from?

Sure it looks fine on a toned professional athlete, but do sports companies not understand that the replica shirt buying demographic is more Haystacks than Hercules?

• Upvote 3

Where did this trend for skin tight football shirts come from?Sure it looks fine on a toned professional athlete, but do sports companies not understand that the replica shirt buying demographic is more Haystacks than Hercules?

yeah, even those Arsenal players look like they've been tied round the middle to fit in

West Ham home shirt is nice, but probably not so much for the older generations. Arsenal shirts are also better now with Puma then Nike, imo..

That West Ham shirt is reminiscent of their 1985-86 season shirt (West Ham's highest ever top division finish) , so I imagine it will prove popular with fans in their 30's, 40's etc.

That West Ham shirt is reminiscent of their 1985-86 season shirt (West Ham's highest ever top division finish) , so I imagine it will prove popular with fans in their 30's, 40's etc.

What I meant with older fans has more to do with the design of any kitmaker - tighter, slimfit, "weird" designs, etc.

Leicester City home kit. Basically it's Italy's kit but with gold details whereas Italy's has green, white and red details. One of the best kits in the Premier League this season for me.

Leicester-City-14-15-Home-Kit.jpg

Even the second guy from the left is holding his gut in.

Sure it looks fine on a toned professional athlete, but do sports companies not understand that the replica shirt buying demographic is more Haystacks than Hercules?

I bought a blag Argentina one from Egypt the other week and its that tight I look like Mr Gay Uk or someone from a Right Said Fred video

Leicester City home kit. Basically it's Italy's kit but with gold details whereas Italy's has green, white and red details. One of the best kits in the Premier League this season for me.

Leicester-City-14-15-Home-Kit.jpg

Because these shirts are so tight, you can't see the letters "F, U, C" at the beginning or "L, E, S, S" at the end.

I think they looked at fans wearing shirts and assumed they preferred skin tight.

Little did they realise it wasn't skin tight by choice!