You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

I was on the train today going to Newcastle today. The conductor was doing his rounds checking the tickets and told me i need to change at York.

I know where im going mate, i didn't end up on this train with a valid ticket by accident.

Selling loads of baby stuff on Gumtree.  The amount of mong emails you get

"is der nethin rng with it?" - immediately disqualified, you could pay double and you're not getting it

"do u deliver?" - My advert clearly stated pick up only

"15???" - I assume this is a counter offer to the price on my item. I assume this because it came without any sort of context

"wer r u?" - My post code area is clearly on the advert

"can i get it now?" - my advert clearly stated after 6pm pick ups only

I sell a load of stuff on ebay as it's sadly a necessary evil for what I do. It's not as bad as it used to be but you still get some right fucking chancers.

Guy the other other sent me a messages along the lines of "£200 do you even want to sell this?" followed by a long rant.

I'll take an offer if it's reasonable but I don't understand why on earth you would bother with that much effort. It's not like I'm suddenly going to read his message and think "you know what this part which Ford stopped producing about 20 years ago and I have advertised for less than they charged retail then and as far as I can tell from the web is the only New one still in it's original box is massively overpriced you can have it for a tenner".

I sent him a reply thanking him for his feedback, then blocked him.

I sold something over the weekend which I had up for forty odd and the guy offered 35 which is fair enough. Some people are just mental though, I had people offering me £200 for a Maserati grille which was about £1500 retail and I had up for £500. Because lets face it, a grands discount isn't nearly enough of a saving. 

Shit hoovers.

Pick fuck all up- Dyson "no loss of suction" my arse.

This is sounding weird.

But the point still stands. Shit hoovers. Annoying as sht.

Besides the fact their hoovers have been shit for fucking years they are owned by a man who screams Operation Yewtree yet no action has ever been taken.

He looks like a seriously bad noncing prick.

Plus he seems to have conned the world into thinking those heavy pieces of shit which constantly have bits fall off and have pretty much no fucking suction are the only hoover worth having.

I hope a squirrel sneaks into his house and shits in his corn flakes. 

Besides the fact their hoovers have been shit for fucking years they are owned by a man who screams Operation Yewtree yet no action has ever been taken.

He looks like a seriously bad noncing prick.

Plus he seems to have conned the world into thinking those heavy pieces of shit which constantly have bits fall off and have pretty much no fucking suction are the only hoover worth having.

I hope a squirrel sneaks into his house and shits in his corn flakes. 

Dyson are a piece of shit.  I bought one, near £400 IIRC. Cost more than my currently Telly and it's fucking shite.  The roller thing clogs up with my missus hair causing me to have to use scissors to free it every month.  In order to keep it in good condition to have to clean the fucking filters every month or so.  I bought a hoover, not an engineering course

Fuck you Dyson. 

• Upvote 1

Dyson are a piece of shit. I bought one, near £400 IIRC. Cost more than my currently Telly and it's fucking shite. The roller thing clogs up with my missus hair causing me to have to use scissors to free it every month. In order to keep it in good condition to have to clean the fucking filters every month or so. I bought a hoover, not an engineering course

Fuck you Dyson.

What I want to know is, why, when they're as bad as I've found to my cost, do they have this amazing reputation?

I got a Vax cordless last year. Cost £300. Came with two batteries which have great life per charge. Its suction is good too. It comes with two attachments but only has one storage port. The flexible attachment is as flimsy as a rich tea biscuit that's been dipped in hot tea. The detachable dust collector can also be a pain to empty as the dust and fluff can get lodged in the narrow part.

I got a Vax cordless last year. Cost £300. Came with two batteries which have great life per charge. Its suction is good too. It comes with two attachments but only has one storage port. The flexible attachment is as flimsy as a rich tea biscuit that's been dipped in hot tea. The detachable dust collector can also be a pain to empty as the dust and fluff can get lodged in the narrow part.

As my mum would say, designed by someone who's never used a hoover in their lives

Does anyone have one of those wee robot vacuums? I'm sick of fucking vacuuming.

I wouldn't bother, for the work that goes in to clearing up before you set the robot loose around the home you would be better just vacuuming with a decent vacuum cleaner.