You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

Mark klienman, the Economics fella off sky news just said utd have got their replacement but won't announce it until he resign from his current job, and it should be announced in the next few days.

Seeing as moyes contract runs out in next few weeks, this mean it's mourinho?

I think so. I can't believe they'd be stupid enough to go for Moyes. Replace a man who has won everything with a man who has won nothing. Very little chance of that happening. It'll almost certainly be Mourinho I think. I wouldn't entirely rule out another European giant like Capello or Hiddink. But Moyes? Nah.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark klienman, the Economics fella off sky news just said utd have got their replacement but won't announce it until he resign from his current job, and it should be announced in the next few days.

Seeing as moyes contract runs out in next few weeks, this mean it's mourinho?

I think so. I can't believe they'd be stupid enough to go for Moyes. Replace a man who has won everything with a man who has won nothing. Very little chance of that happening. It'll almost certainly be Mourinho I think. I wouldn't entirely rule out another European giant like Capello or Hiddink. But Moyes? Nah.

8533647684_0977b1d576_o.gif

My personal opinion - and it is just an opinion, based on recent observations - is that this was all part of the plan cobbled up by the manc hierarchy from the very beginning.

That plan was for the Demented One to have his "coronation" by winning his third European Cup - at Wembley - and become the bestest-of-the-best-in-the-whole-fucking-universe football manager, after which Shitcoat comes in to take over as his replacement.

Most importantly, at more personal level for Demento (at the end of the day, it was his ambition and the single driving force behind most things he has done since Sir Bob tore him a new one and then some when Sauron was still at Aberdeen), he needed to get the 3rd European Cup and wanted it real bad.

Well, UEFA (they, and Mr Platini in particular, absolutely hate the British and can't stand them at all) and a certain referee from Turkey in particular (from Istanbul, no less) had other ideas and fucked up that little plan, good and proper. After that... well, the rest, as they say, is history.

When the Manc PR men then started peddling this the-bestest-of-the-best-premier-league-points-record bullshit and Arsene "The Voyeur" Wenger, together with our own Rafa, put paid to that idea, there was nothing left to "achieve" and even though Demento started having second thoughts (that image of Sir Bob with the three European Cups will haunt him forever and it will be the last thing he sees before going upstairs to suck Satan's cock) and Mourihno got a bit jittery, dropping a few "chelsea" hints along the way, there was time to act and so everything had to be announced.

I am going to be greatly amused when the plastic-waving cunts down south start having various degree of mental breakdown when The Shit One arrives at The Toilet to take over and then see how his ego becomes bigger than that club he manages, where all the finger-pointing will be in full tilt at the first sign of trouble.

In the meantime, I'll make-do with winding up our lovely neighbours about the real prospect of them, finally, getting relegated when Gollum fucks off in the summer.

The thing they'll miss the most (I hope) is him getting the best out of players like Welbeck & Cleverly and it always seemingly being a happy ship, even with a great manager like with Mourinho I could imagine even if he brings in much better players than the likes of Cleverly on paper, like Madrid it could become a circus with players falling out, and their unique team winning mentality dying, and once its gone it'll be hard to get back as we know

I't won't be Mourinho' date=' he was nailed on for the Chelsea job as soon as they brought in Rafa. Plus why would he set his ego in a direction where, like he's found out in Madrid, he's a small fish in a big pond. He goes where he can beat the record of the previous manager.[/quote']

Like you say Jose was found out in Madrid, and has not been the great success he has been at Chelsea. Both have massive egos, both will clash and I doubt Jose will tolerate influence from above.

Moyes to me will be their choice, as he is basically a yes man, with no ambition to succeed. If he did have ambition, he would have left the Bitters years ago

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's definitely Moyes, who else could it be?

Somebody worth of the job, which is probably the biggest in football at the moment, if only because it's taking over from 'him'. I'd not touch it. Can you imagine the pressure?

Somebody worth of the job, which is probably the biggest in football at the moment, if only because it's taking over from 'him'. I'd not touch it. Can you imagine the pressure?

Yup, and imagine the state of the place when they hit any type of a slump. I can't wait personally. Powder keg situation.

I did take over at Ajax when leaving Watford in CM 97-87 one time and Ajax were the reigning Euro champions then, so I can kind of imagine the pressure.

Thing is, surely Ginbeak won't just have Mourinho swanning in and taking over, know what I mean? It'll be someone who he's given his blessing to, beucase he'll still be lurking about the place you'd imagine lording it around the show, at least in the short term. Who else fits that bill?

Listening to everyone bigging up Moyes is really making me feel fucking ill.

What has he exactly done at Everton? He's not won a single trophy.

They've only finished above us because we've been so fucking shit for the past couple of seasons.

He's got no pressure or expectation at the blueshite. As soon as he walks through the door at the shithole, the walls will start caving in on him.

If we sort our shit out in the summer, we should be finishing above these shower of cunts next season.

What ever you think about the vile cunt he's the best manager anyone younger than 40 will probably ever see. He has an average Utd side strolling to a league title while City and arguably Chelsea have stronger squads than what he has. Despite the statements suggesting other wise he's not leaving behind a squad in a good place, the spine of the side (Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Van Persie) are either nearing the end or all ready past it. The players that should be approaching their prime (Rooney, Valencia, Young) are actually doing the opposite. They will need some serious replacing and players like Smalling, Jones, Cleverly, Wellbeck and Evans aren't the replacements.

I'd say his greatest strength was the use of his John O'Shea's, Tom Clevery's etc, shite players who contributed when required and never let the standard dip and his squad management, keeping players like Hernandez and Solskaer sweet is something no other manager has been able to do. Only Mourinhio will be able to keep a handle on that job and I'd say he knows better than to double cross the Russian. Hopefully Moyes takes it, cue Rooney bring cigars to training and brazzers on European trips (while they still have them). Chaos is awaiting the mancs and I can't wait.