You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa - A Wondeful Man

Pureblood

Are you coming over to the dark side then?

F**k off!

SPSS and a range of tests and answers that I dont' understand - haha, thankfully it is only something that I do once or twice a year.

And - an ever growing number of people who I annoy for advice and tips!

Other than Roy, who?

Dont want to put words in anyones mouth but i would guess Souness, certainly it is for me.

One of the best players we've ever had and one of the worst managers. Our demise goes back to him ripping things apart too early. To be fair he recognises that now, but it doesnt help.

I agree. Every trophy has a context, the only given is that it was won.

History will remember KK's League Cup win in his first full season back more generously than it was viewed at the time- and he knows it.

I don't think so. It's a good day out but a vast, vast distance from the FA Cup in terms of prestige. The fact that the 2011 winners were relegated, we beat a Championship side to win it in 2012 and a League Two side reached the final this year says everything about its current status.

Winning the FA Cup that same year would have been a fantastic achievement, particularly given that we Manchester United and Everton en route. Just a shame too many players froze for the first hour against Chelsea.

I don't think I am being inaccurate, unfair, or even contentious, in saying that Rafa has been the fourth best manager in my time supporting the club but the best in the last twenty years or so, just to put my feelings about him in context.

If we're putting that into context you would need to let us know how long you've been supporting the club.

My official start date was 1977, on my return from an army base in Germany to live with my nan and grandad in sunny Broadgreen. (I was 5). My grandad had a photo of the Liverpool team on the TV, so I shunned my blue nose fathers overtures, and went with my grandad.

If we're putting that into context you would need to let us know how long you've been supporting the club.

My official start date was 1977, on my return from an army base in Germany to live with my nan and grandad in sunny Broadgreen. (I was 5). My grandad had a photo of the Liverpool team on the TV, so I shunned my blue nose fathers overtures, and went with my grandad.

Around the same time as you then.

My dad likes cricket, but his best mate at the time used to tell me stories about Shankly and the Redmen, and how Uncle Bob was going to conquer Europe. How could anyone resist?

Edited by zigackly

I'll stick by KK, you can live in your Rafanista bubble.

keegan416.jpg

As shown here in this photo of you both you fucking imbecilic weirdo.

While we were at wembley you were following Kev round his kitchen while he made a brew and cheered his bag spooning action, best final you've ever been too even managed to get in his house without a ticket.

I remember watching cup finals as a pup on t' tele with Craig Johnston sliding on his arse for miles and Kenny beaming' date=' so It's Kenny first for me then Rafa then Gerard Houllier and then Roy.

Roy is last there but by no means fucking least cos I loved the run we had to the league cup with Rush, Fowler and McManaman tearing shit up. I don't really care who was the best manager they all gave me moments of pride and joy and I am thankful that they all won trophies at a club they clearly love and I would just like to take this moment to say, Thank you guys, we hardly knew ye.[/quote']

That's more like the attitude people should have!

I remember watching cup finals as a pup on t' tele with Craig Johnston sliding on his arse for miles and Kenny beaming' date=' so It's Kenny first for me then Rafa then Gerard Houllier and then Roy.

Roy is last there but by no means fucking least cos I loved the run we had to the league cup with Rush, Fowler and McManaman tearing shit up. I don't really care who was the best manager they all gave me moments of pride and joy and I am thankful that they all won trophies at a club they clearly love and I would just like to take this moment to say, Thank you guys, we hardly knew ye.[/quote']

Get off this thread with your reasonable, sensible and balanced post, there's no place for you here.

A mate of my dad's owned the number plate KOP 7 and tried to sell it to Kevin Keegan in 1976/77.

Keegan didn't want to know. Too flashy for him.

I will always love Kevin Keegan. He walks on water.

*this post should be read to the theme from Superstars*

F**k off!

SPSS and a range of tests and answers that I dont' understand - haha, thankfully it is only something that I do once or twice a year.

And - an ever growing number of people who I annoy for advice and tips!

Be careful bud. That's how it always starts. And before you know it, you're all.

SPSS. I can handle it. Can't I?

A mate of my dad's owned the number plate KOP 7 and tried to sell it to Kevin Keegan in 1976/77.

Keegan didn't want to know. Too flashy for him.

I will always love Kevin Keegan. He walks on water.

*this post should be read to the theme from Superstars*

The only reason he didn't want it is because he already had one with $$$BIG KEVIN K THUGLIFE$$$ on it.

• 11 years later...