You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He gives Rocky Dennis a run for his money in the ugly stakes. Can't say I'm all that bothered about another one for the future.

People said that when I was (and many others were) crying for us to buy Walcott and Bale. We turned our noses up at Ronaldo because it was too much at £4m. Sometimes it's the smart thing. My question is whether he's at the same level of ability for his age, or if he's just going to disappear and never seen again.

People said that when I was (and many others were) crying for us to buy Walcott and Bale. We turned our noses up at Ronaldo because it was too much at £4m. Sometimes it's the smart thing. My question is whether he's at the same level of ability for his age, or if he's just going to disappear and never seen again.

I don't disagree at all but I feel we're letting the present pass us by this window. Really fucked off with it cause there's/was a good chance of finishing in the top four with the right players brought in. Some kid from Derby, isn't going to help that yet.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't disagree at all but I feel we're letting the present pass us by this window. Really fucked off with it cause there's/was a good chance of finishing in the top four with the right players brought in. Some kid from Derby, isn't going to help that yet.

Got to agree. That said, I highly doubt we'll be paying much of that fee upfront. It's practically standard for teams to pay a little bit up front for young players, then have the fee staggered on appearances, internationals, and age. If we're paying £2m up front, it's probably not going to have to much impact on who we bring in for the first team.

If at all.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Will Hughes at derby follows the official edl page and tommy Robinson on his twitter account. The kid's obviously a bit of a nobhead.

Heh, I didn't mean for you to repeat it. Just stating my disbelief. I instantly hate him.

Don't see the point of this Hughes thing. Isn't he an attacking midfielder? We've already got Coutinho who is the same age and better and Alberto also the same age that we just spent 6 million on. Get a proven quality left footed attacker a centre back and a defensive midfielder first.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Don't see the point of this Hughes thing. Isn't he an attacking midfielder? We've already got Coutinho who is the same age and better and Alberto also the same age that we just spent 6 million on. Get a proven quality left footed attacker a centre back and a defensive midfielder first.

Hughes has not long turned 18, mate. So they have a couple or three years on him. I suspect a small initial fee so that we can make sure we get this lad, rather than lose out and watch Spurs sell him to Real Madrid for 100m in 2018.

So you'd rather prioritise the short-term over the long-term, then. Fair enough. I disagree.

If the pursuit of Hughes is genuine, then for me it shows us one thing: FSG are basically conceding fourth this season. And I have no problem with that, at least not with the caveat that we're after something bigger over the longer term.

Arsenal will spend money on someone, eventually, but still, Spurs have spent so well that they're practically certs for the CL spot Arsenal gives up if indeed they do fall back. Even if we pick up Pjanic or someone like that at this point, we have what? a 10-20% chance of fourth?

I think the owners/Rodgers have seen that, analysed it, and decided to go a different direction. I think we're after a bigger target, the league title, rather than being content to cement a 3rd/4th spot year after year like Arsenal. And if we want to win the league, with our level of financing, we've got to play the long game, because we're not going to get anywhere near it in the next two years.

Hence Hughes. Hughes (assuming we get him), Sterling, Ibe, Rossiter, Alberto, Sinclair, Canos, Suso, Chirivella ... the list of top, top young, technical attacking players at this club is a long one. And we've spent a LOT of money on them, especially for a club in our financial position.

So maybe that's the thinking here. We'll take our chances at CL this season, accepting that it's a bit of a long shot. If it comes off, great, then we accelerate the plan a bit. If it doesn't, next summer we'll have the Suarez money and be coming into a season where some of those players are starting to reach first-team level. We look even better 4-5 years from now when some (not all, of course; that's the nature of the beast where youth players are concerned) of them are coming into their primes.

The disadvantage is, of course, if you have players like Suarez who are going to agitate for a move in the meantime, so I think the club will be locking these players down to long-term contracts and making sure we profit from them if they want to go. Spurs have shown us the perfect blueprint for the long-game, and now it's our turn to go and set something like that up, only better because we have the advantage of being a bigger club.

To be honest mate.

I think you make some good points.

But I think if we honestly believe that we can build for the future like that with some mad aim that it'll all work out in 4,5,6,10 years whatever we'll end up nowhere.

I think you have to have milestones or targets to aim for that our realistic at first. And becoming a team that can claim a CL spot has to be first on that list for us.

Will Hughes at derby follows the official edl page and tommy Robinson on his twitter account. The kid's obviously a bit of a nobhead.

Looks like a young Jimmy Saville.

What next?

Anyway he's a young lad, now is not the time to judge him. The time to judge him is when he is up there, at the very top, on Ian AYre's shoulders. Then we can be sure.

Hopefully he will be the next Shelvey, we can spend 5 years eulogising about him lifting number 19 and then sell him to Villa for £3.5m after another disappointing Europa league campaign.

Edited by dennis tooth
i

Looks like a young Jimmy Saville.

What next?

Anyway he's a young lad, now is not the time to judge him. The time to judge him is when he is up there, at the very top, on Ian AYre's shoulders. Then we can be sure.

Hopefully he will be the next Shelvey, we can spend 5 years eulogising about him lifting number 19 and then sell him to Villa for £3.5m after another disappointing Europa league campaign.

I'll bet life's a laugh a minute in your house.

Never seen him play myself, but it looks like he follows edl and tommy Robinson on twitter. He'll need to bin that shite off before he signs for us.

Is that right?

When the grooming exploitation ring trial took place in Liverpool last year I saw a van and a couple of car loads of neck tattooed east midlands inbred ingerlund hoolie wannabees heading in on the 62

Is that right?

When the grooming exploitation ring trial took place in Liverpool last year I saw a van and a couple of car loads of neck tattooed east midlands inbred ingerlund hoolie wannabees heading in on the 62

I will be in court at bootle magistrates on the 4th september.

Expect it to be referred to the crown should be fun if you want to come?

It looks like the move for Papadapalopolous is back on. Think him and Toure would be a great match at the back when Agger picks up his inevitable injury, both mad shouty players who don't take a backward step.

Did I just see you mocking Aggers injury record and lauding ubercrock Papa?

Thought not.

If we do have 30M to spent and Willian is joining Spurs and FSGs policy is young players with re-sale value, surely we could get both Eriksen and Papadopoulos for around 15M each. Or did Eriksen rule himself out? If he did, than we should look into that Colombian lad from Udinese or Leandro Damiao maybe..