You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

In the gurdian rogers quoted as saying they won't pay up, knew it all these yanks are the same, use borrowed money and lie, just look at the other clubs in the league. And make us fans suffer, then deliver pr through bascombe etc how we are paying for past mistakes. When the truth is they don't want to invest. Just be honest. And can you really blame suarez or maybe courtinho leaving. No you can't.

"We identify the targets and then try and get the deal done financially. That's how it was. The club pushed as hard as they felt they could financially but it wasn't to be. "It's the owners' money and they will always have the final say because it's they who run the club. What they have taken on here is a huge job. You have seen over the last few years they will finance a project we are trying to develop and what we have to make sure of is we get the right players and the value and worth of the player is right. It's disappointing because this was a player who would have been perfect for us."

I would also have vetoed the deal at that fee were I FSG.

Coutinho cost us £8.5 million and, in half a season, has done more than Willian has done in two seasons wherever he was.

What's the point in appointing a manager/committee to identify players who fsg are then going to decide are too expensive? What did Werner say about financially competing with anyone??

Maybe FSG are a bit disappointed with finishing 7th and going out of all cups early as well as they probably had got their hopes up after reading a 180 page dossier about how football should be born again.

"We identify the targets and then try and get the deal done financially. That's how it was. The club pushed as hard as they felt they could financially but it wasn't to be. "It's the owners' money and they will always have the final say because it's they who run the club. What they have taken on here is a huge job. You have seen over the last few years they will finance a project we are trying to develop and what we have to make sure of is we get the right players and the value and worth of the player is right. It's disappointing because this was a player who would have been perfect for us."

People moan when we over-pay and they moan when we show some backbone and do not over-pay.

Is there anyone with enough sanity left to see that FSG are doing all they can to bring players in but will not be bullied in over-paying expensive transfers?

People moan when we over-pay and they moan when we show some backbone and do not over-pay.

Is there anyone with enough sanity left to see that FSG are doing all they can to bring players in but will not be bullied in over-paying expensive transfers?

That's fair enough, but unfortunately, particularly players from other countries, are just going to keep fucking us off because 5/6 clubs in England alone will give them more dough.

That's fair enough, but unfortunately, particularly players from other countries, are just going to keep fucking us off because 5/6 clubs in England alone will give them more dough.

We move on then. Being on a budget is part of the job, as is resource management. If a player is identified then it seems that we have a certain price range in which we can negotiate.

If the price gets too high we move on to another one that meets that criteria.

Staying in a bidding war does not help the club, and I for one am glad we don't get suckered punched anymore.

I'm extremely relaxed about not getting Willian.

He looks like a douche bag to me.

So we take that dosh and go after Mata then?

I've posted plenty on how i view FSG, and how i think they view Liverpool Football Club.

Which is not exactly breaking news i'll admit.

We are there to be harvested.

End of.

This year the gods shone on us, and the harvest was good Nanook.

Unfortunately the fly in the ointment has been Spurs getting an ridiculous injection of cash from the Bale sale.

FFS who pays 94 million plus a player for someone like tht.

All things aside its a disgraceful expense, he isn't anywhere near as good as Ronaldo but is now going to smash his record.

Wonder if our great leader Platini will have anything to say on the deal, fucking mockery of any kind of FFP rules surely.

We move on then. Being on a budget is part of the job, as is resource management. If a player is identified then it seems that we have a certain price range in which we can negotiate.

If the price gets too high we move on to another one that meets that criteria.

Staying in a bidding war does not help the club, and I for one am glad we don't get suckered punched anymore.

Couldn't agree more with the last bit. On an equal playing field Fenway are top owners. In fact probably as good as we could hope for. The problem comes from it not being a fair/equal playing field. If, as expected FFP is exploited as much as everyone thinks, what then? If fenway are not prepared to dig a bit deeper the reality is we wont be champions for a long, long time. I like FSG, but I'd be amazed if they stick around fir long with the way things are.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's a judgement call on their part. Well, the committee's part. They'll have been advising FSG. If he foes to Chelsea and pulls a Torres, they'll look vindicated. If he goes and rips the league a new arsehole, they'll look like mugs. It's the same with Carroll. Had they said no, great. Had they said no to Coutinho and he went to Spurs, we'd have looked mad.

I'm just disappointed that Rodgers didn't get the player he wanted. That said, if I was in the same position, with Spurs coming in and then agents asking for more money, I might have told them to fuck off. Either way, it's a big 10 days coming up.

All things aside its a disgraceful expense, he isn't anywhere near as good as Ronaldo but is now going to smash his record.

Wonder if our great leader Platini will have anything to say on the deal, fucking mockery of any kind of FFP rules surely.

Has to be, but they apparently paying it in instalments over five years like a Brighthouse deal. I dont know how that works with FFP. Not that any of the clubs will be giving a damn about that anymore(apart from us).