You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez interview

DooooodekNo5

The big thing about his handball was the camera on him in the tunnel and the was he was caught celebrating the missed pen.

That made the whole thing much worse in my opinion. They kept replaying that clip and it wound people up.

Also his reputation was already tainted after his massive suspension for biting that player in Holland.

Plus the way he acts makes him unlikable whether our fans agree or not. Very similar to Bellamy.

But I'm with Luis on this...

Fuck what everyone else thinks!

Ps, I've heard from many people that he absolutely loves it here and and was desperate to join the club. He says as much in the interview and I think it's genuine. I think he'll give us a couple more seasons to get our shit together at worst.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps, I've heard from many people that he absolutely loves it here and and was desperate to join the club. He says as much in the interview and I think it's genuine. I think he'll give us a couple more seasons to get our shit together at worst.

His reinforcement of that, on a couple of occasions, has really taken me by surprise. After ladyboy i'm scared about getting screwed, naturally, but I can't help but absolutely love him.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about his handball on the line' date=' they only say they do because they are cunts.[/quote']

At the time, when be did it he was widely slated on here. I remember posting that I'd not seen a player with a lower pain threshold in the World Cup. Obviously, now he's ours it's time for us all to be two-faced hypocritical twats. But let's not pretend it didn't happen.

i love when he laughs at referees/other players out of disgust.

look at him .pure evil

108791751_display_image.jpg?1328783538

Same here , like when Clattenburg walked off and came back to move the ball about 5 inches the other day when Suarez had already placed and lined it up for a free kick , though he was laughing at the sheer patheticness of the jobsworth Clattenburg that time.

Same here , like when Clattenburg walked off and came back to move the ball about 5 inches the other day when Suarez had already placed and lined it up for a free kick , though he was laughing at the sheer patheticness of the jobsworth Clattenburg that time.

Didn't really understand that one at all. Sterling actually fell into the area when he was chopped & then Clattenburg placed the ball about 5 yards away.

I was rooting for Ghana at the time, but I understood why he did what he did. Was absolutely ecstatic and surprised he signed for us. I want him to absolutely brutalise defenders and be as passionate and driven as he is. As frustrating as he can be at times, we want players like him and I hope he doesn't change. Or leaves.

Gaining an advantage over your opponent and therefore turning an event into a positive for your team, nation/fans should be more important to a footballer than what is written about him in the 'gutter press'.

Suarez is indeed a legend, he is talked about, by defenders more than anyone else probably.

He is steely determinatiion personified.

How long he will stay is another thing..

I hope Sturridge and any other additions transit smoothly into the team, recent history states that 2 of 3 of them will not. It's not just the owners who will get us to CL, it's the manager. Suarez will be made captain after Stevie and the side will be designed around him, he knows this, it has to be preferable to blending in with galacticos/living in a Messi limelight

I reckon Suarez is really Rodgers kind of guy/player for all of the reasons stated already by everyone from Ghana to Grimsby.

If BR gets it right Suarez will be with us for a while, two or three more like him and we are in business!

Don't know if it was the same report, but he was in a SSN feature last night.

Came across well in a dubbed interview, but still struggled to wish the viewers Happy Christmas in English.

The channel broadcasted the outtakes of him fluffing the lines in a lighthearted way.

Don't know if it was the same report, but he was in a SSN feature last night.

Came across well in a dubbed interview, but still struggled to wish the viewers Happy Christmas in English.

The channel broadcasted the outtakes of him fluffing the lines in a lighthearted way.

I was out having a pint last night with my mates and the tellies in the boozer were tuned into SSN, but the sound was turned down so obviously couldn't hear what he was saying. Kept glancing over at it while it was on and had a look on youtube to see if it's on there but had no luck. Looked a pretty interesting interview.

I was out having a pint last night with my mates and the tellies in the boozer were tuned into SSN, but the sound was turned down so obviously couldn't hear what he was saying. Kept glancing over at it while it was on and had a look on youtube to see if it's on there but had no luck. Looked a pretty interesting interview.

Here it is mate

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vwwE9e8yJAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, in fact they're expressly prohibited.

Prohibited? So they do occur then? Just like thievery is prohibited by law? Or is thievery not a part of society?

Handballs are part of the game - they just aren't consigned to the rules of fair play. A distinction which is no doubt obvious to you already.

Suarez committed a foul. No worse than a player being tripped through on goal or impeded anywhere in any sense. He got the appropriate punishment. When you develop an argument otherwise, you're talking balls.