You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Dzeko's not impossible.

Of course, as some have suggested he might want CL, but Liverpool's still a big name, and for him, he might find that a draw.

IF (big if) City are in the market for Mr Falcao or Cavani, it will probably mean both Balo and Dzeko leaving, or Balo and Tevez. City will need to be careful with spending and so will probably need to sell to buy (or at least part fund), and they can't keep 5 strikers happy!

You could even go in for Balo, but Liverpool have enough PR issues without him on the books!

Most likely option will be someone like Sturridge though - young, English, half decent, and wanting first team football.

I'd rather Walcott than Sturridge. Walcott through the middle, mind. I think he will kick on from that position and score a lot of goals i played centrally.

Dzeko would be boss, but I'm not sure that would happen, unless Man City bought Falcao, at which point they would have to offload, and we might possibly be in a position to take advantage, though there would be other suitors.

I'd rather Walcott than Sturridge. Walcott through the middle, mind. I think he will kick on from that position and score a lot of goals i played centrally.

Dzeko would be boss, but I'm not sure that would happen, unless Man City bought Falcao, at which point they would have to offload, and we might possibly be in a position to take advantage, though there would be other suitors.

I want us to really have options. Adding both of them would weaken better squads, as well, whilst strengthening ours. Grab both of them, and we're laughing.

why would Walcott join us?

now I'm not a fan of him as a player at all but even I know if he does become available on the cheap/free the likes of Chelsea and City will be interested and even if not he still has the option of a contract at Arsenal who despite being a bunch of big girls blouses with no character whatsoever are still for some reason better than us

Guest davelfc
He's made no secret of the fact that he and his father are LFC supporters.

When we played arsenal in the CL at Anfield he was warming up in front of us, the kop was loud anyway, but it suddenly got louder and was in full swing. Walcott stopped and just stared at the Kop in a kind of awe.

Always thought he would come here just to be part of that. Hopefully we'll be back there soon enough and if he comes and helps to make that happen, fine.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

When we played arsenal in the CL at Anfield he was warming up in front of us' date=' the kop was loud anyway, but it suddenly got louder and was in full swing. Walcott stopped and just stared at the Kop in a kind of awe.

Always thought he would come here just to be part of that. Hopefully we'll be back there soon enough and if he comes and helps to make that happen, fine.[/quote']

I really, really hope we can manage to get Walcott. His pace is electric, he knows the passing game well, he has scored and create a lot of goals from the right, and he's a red. Now is the perfect time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

i cant stand him tbh. huntelaar?

Contract running down, available for cheap, had a stinking partnership with Suarez, great finisher... It's like it makes too much sense.

Contract running down, available for cheap, had a stinking partnership with Suarez, great finisher... It's like it makes too much sense.

he is the best choice we can realistically bring in. will either be fucking brilliant for us. or utter dogshit. I'm prepared to take that risk.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

he is the best choice we can realistically bring in. will either be fucking brilliant for us. or utter dogshit. I'm prepared to take that risk.

Him and Walcott. That'd would be a significant upgrade. Pace, finishing, depth in quality. I'd take that right now.

Him and Walcott. That'd would be a significant upgrade. Pace, finishing, depth in quality. I'd take that right now.

agreed but walcott wants to play central and i guess would only come to us under that condition.... otherwise why would he leave a champs league team to play wide still? defo would take them both though. and baines please.