You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Souness was a fantastic player.  Terrible manager.  Torres, Suarez, Benitez were always duplicitous, and to a greater or lesser degree, played the fans.  

Benitez gave £96k to the HFSG when he was sacked.

Souness gave an interview to the Sun on the third anniversary.

There is no defending Souness other than forgiving him.

Torres did far less why shouldn't he be forgiven?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

Souness was a fantastic player.  Terrible manager.  Torres, Suarez, Benitez were always duplicitous, and to a greater or lesser degree, played the fans.  

You should always do something you love and that you’re good at.

Slating Rafa is both, for you.

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

I don’t care for any of them to be perfectly honest.  

I agree,to a point. I do think Rafa was more apparent in his motives but his man management skills often undid a lot of the good will he had with both players and fans. He often did play the fans did Rafa but I think he was quite open in his aims. Whereas I don't think Souness ever cared about the fans and his hard man image as a player was also used as a manager. It failed miserably here and in England as a whole. He achieved more outside the Premier League than in it. 

18 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Can’t understand how there’s so much love for Suarez, Xabi and Mascherano. Torres was sensational for us and it genuinely a love affair. The sheer and utter state the club was in when he left I can’t blame him at all. It’s a shame it was to those Chelsea cunts.

You can tell he regrets his decision and the connection he feels with Chelsea is non existent. We all make poor decisions when we’re young.

I’m going to remember how he said the blonde hair, the long sleeves and white total 90s. Fucking electric.

He's on record even recently saying he loves Chelsea and Liverpool equally to the point he finds it hard to watch when we play them.

He's also talked about how fantastic their fans are and how good they were to him even though his best football wasn't there. How he loved his time there because they gave him the trophies he wanted.

He regrets nothing.

8 hours ago, Dicko said:

Benitez gave £96k to the HFSG when he was sacked.

Souness gave an interview to the Sun on the third anniversary.

There is no defending Souness other than forgiving him.

Torres did far less why shouldn't he be forgiven?

Souness & Torres can both get right to fuck.

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

You should always do something you love and that you’re good at.

Slating Rafa is both, for you.

Another nerve tweaked.  It must be awful having to read posts you really don't agree with.  It’s too late for me to apologise, the damage is done.  Let’s just try and find a way to get beyond this.