You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

What do you think of the console as a whole?

Get it now or wait.

I have a xbox amd am thinking of a PS4 or Switch in the new year?

It’s obviously not as powerful as either machine and there isn’t the selection of games yet but I think it’s good, very good.

Mario & Zelda are meant to be the best 2 games released this year on any platform, Mario Kart is boss (as ever) & even FIFA is turning out decent on it.

Metroid apart, I actually don’t know what’s coming out in 2018 mind. The VC promises a lot of NES, SNES, N64 & QC compatibility (QC controllers work on a Switch) and I believe they’ll be have online functions as well.

Personally, I’d go for a Switch over a PS4 if you already have an Xbox - more exclusives on the Nintendo whereas the PS4 & Xbox aren’t massively dissimilar. However, I’ve always been a Nintendo fan boy.

I think I will be getting one of these for my sons' Christmas present. They have a Wii U at the moment and love it, so we'll probably keep both running for a while at least. I think I'm looking for a bundle with Zelda, Mario Odyssey and maybe Mario + Rabbids. Does anyone else have better ideas? We already have a few of the titles in Wii U like Mario Kart and Rayman so I'm not sure if it's worth buying on the new platform.

I'm also interested for views on the best value retailers. Bundle prices look very samey from my research, which is to expected I guess. 

Thanks in advance.

I'd suggest picking up snipperclips as well, I've only played the demo but will be picking it up for Christmas as a fun, accessible co-op game to play.  Silly, little puzzle game for £17.

edit: don't actually think it's that little, I mean in terms of its dynamics, rather than content. Meant to be decent enough on that front.

• Upvote 1

I think I will be getting one of these for my sons' Christmas present. They have a Wii U at the moment and love it, so we'll probably keep both running for a while at least. I think I'm looking for a bundle with Zelda, Mario Odyssey and maybe Mario + Rabbids. Does anyone else have better ideas? We already have a few of the titles in Wii U like Mario Kart and Rayman so I'm not sure if it's worth buying on the new platform.

I'm also interested for views on the best value retailers. Bundle prices look very samey from my research, which is to expected I guess. 

Thanks in advance.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7307160/specialoffers/E24959?cmpid=COJUN&utm_campaign=11553376&cjsurferid=110404110756174644%3A4BgAGRzYB.Ta&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Pepper+Deals+LTD&utm_source=CJ&catalogId=10001&storeId=10151&_%24ja=tsid%3A11674%7Cprd%3A1546795&utm_term=1453124&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fproduct%2F7307160%2Fspecialoffers%2FE24959&referrer=COJUN

You could get Mario Odyssey plus the Rabbids game (£73.98) above then GAME have Switch plus Zelda for £310. Zelda normally £60, console normally £280, Mario Odyssey normally £50, Rabbids normally £45.

£383.98 instead of £435.

Thanks in advance (hopefully).

Game are always mad expensive for new games. Don't know why anyone would buy there unless they were desperate.

I have preordered an Xbox One X there and I have today cleared out some games that don't get used any more and as a result of having Elite Membership the games I took in have completely paid for the Xbox One X. It works for me as I can use their policies to my credit.

As a result I am looking at getting tomorrow a Switch with Mario Odyssey and Zelda for £350 which is another deal they have on. £35 per game plus the Switch. Happy if it goes through that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at one of these set uo in Smyths the other day but the graphics look shite.

It must have been the display it was on as I have it connected to a LG 4K TV and the graphics are very clear, very well defined and colourful. Much better than the Wii U. Obviously not as good as PS4/Xbox One.

Wish I had an uncle like you. Most I got was a tenner from my Aunts/Uncles.

In fairness, I'm not married and have no kids, and they're my only nieces, so they are like my kids. Just the best type of kids, where you can have them for a few hours and then hand them back....