You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfer deadline day......

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports News<S>@</S>SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Liverpool's bid for Clint Dempsey was £4m & club refuse to offer higher. Aston Villa bid £5m plus £2m add-ons

Sky Sports News<S>@</S>SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Liverpool also offered a deal to Fulham involving Jordan Henderson & Charlie Adam but neither player was interested

Liverpool FC News<S>@</S>LiverpooIFCNews

Ian Ayre and LFC officials have left Melwood. [via LFCTV]

Bit shit.

Take a step back though. Look at the obscene money we've spunked away last season. Any business would hesitate when in the same situation again. We have spent around 20m on Borini and Allen. Anymore than that was always going to be a stretch.

Its gutting, but for years we've been pretty shite at this. As far back as Diouf and the boys, we seemed happy to pay 10m+ on players then let them go for "undisclosed" fees making huge losses on cack players. Even our best players- Masch/Xabi go for peanuts.

Ayre is out of his depth it seems and we've seriously undermined the manager.

Own goal after own goal year in year out.

Please delete the above if we sign someone at 11pm.

I said about dinner time today on here i had a feeling nothing would be happening with us,We are becoming a laughing stock we let a £35M player go out on loan we dont replace him and we buy a young striker in Borrini who will take time to settle and Morgan who is unproven as back up for Suarez?? Fucking ludicrous not a clue whats going on with us any more we wont make top 6 let alone top 4,all the clubs above us last year have strengthened we've got 1 striker and 2 unproven backups to see us until January.

Guest San Don
Rumour has it, off the record at his press conference today, Rogers told the media he's pissed off at FSG for not making money available to him

So it wasnt 'off the record' then!?

I had no issue with letting Carroll, Adam and Spearing go but that was on the assumption that the purpose of those departures (OK two of them are loans) was to free up some money for at least one acquisition. I don't want to see us get shafted on a fee again like we did with Carroll but surely its not unreasonable to expect a club with our scouting resources to be able to identify and sign a decent striker for a sensible fee?

We needed to strengthen in front of goal; if our only deadline day activity ends up being letting three players leave I have to wonder just what is going through the mind of the manager and/or owners. Also we've let two central midfielders leave when Lucas has just got injured, Cole is fucked as well, another injury and we're going to be down to the bare bones there.

If Liverpool's reported offer for Dempsey was £4 mil, when Vill's accepted offer was £5 mil plus £2 mil add ons, we are seriously in a bad financial state. That can only mean a mid-table position this season. I hope I am wrong, and we can sign a forward before the window closes.

I guess I'm the only one relatively pleased with this transfer window?

(I never have to watch Charlie Adam in a Liverpool shirt again so that may be skewing my perspective)

No, I bet FSG's board of directors are delighted. This has gone pretty well, for them, aside from Agger being too stubborn to leave, but you can't win all the time.

I guess I'm the only one relatively pleased with this transfer window?

(I never have to watch Charlie Adam in a Liverpool shirt again so that may be skewing my perspective)

I'm happy Adam and Spearing won't be playing for us this season. Allen looks a good player. Borini might become one.

However, Henderson, Downing, and Cole are still here. We also don't have enough quality in wide positions, or upfront.

Mixed bag. Bet the owners are made up though.

I said about dinner time today on here i had a feeling nothing would be happening with us,We are becoming a laughing stock we let a £35M player go out on loan we dont replace him and we buy a young striker in Borrini who will take time to settle and Morgan who is unproven as back up for Suarez?? Fucking ludicrous not a clue whats going on with us any more we wont make top 6 let alone top 4,all the clubs above us last year have strengthened we've got 1 striker and 2 unproven backups to see us until January.

*facepalm*

He's not a £35m player. He's a shit £10m player who can't score goals and is a fucking albatross around our necks. "What a waste of money" is fucking right. Kenny got his arse well and truly ripped over Carroll. Blame Kenny, Torres, Comolli or whoever you fucking like but he is a £35m player in price tag terms alone. In player terms we're better off with him out of the fucking club. I'm happy Rodgers got him the fuck out of here, he's a long haired geordie waste of space.

*facepalm*

He's not a £35m player. He's a shit £10m player who can't score goals and is a fucking albatross around our necks. "What a waste of money" is fucking right. Kenny got his arse well and truly ripped over Carroll. Blame Kenny, Torres, Comolli or whoever you fucking like but he is a £35m player in price tag terms alone. In player terms we're better off with him out of the fucking club. I'm happy Rodgers got him the fuck out of here, he's a long haired geordie waste of space.

So you're happy with just Suarez and Borini?

Twific.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

@BenSmithBBC

Liverpool agree £52m bid from Manchester City for the transfer of Luis Suarez. It's now up to the player if he wants to leave Liverpool.