You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I always thought that gesture was more to Torres because he had already scored two goals.

If I recall correctly he had recently mentioned in an interview that Rafa had been taking him off before he really had a chance to go for his hat trick and was denying him goals because he was meticulous about resting players at all costs.

If was overblown by the media who failed to overlook the fact that Blackburn were absolutely tragic that day and the fat fraud lived to tell another tale. Not many other clubs left now Sam.

I always thought that gesture was more to Torres because he had already scored two goals.

If I recall correctly he had recently mentioned in an interview that Rafa had been taking him off before he really had a chance to go for his hat trick and was denying him goals because he was meticulous about resting players at all costs.

If was overblown by the media who failed to overlook the fact that Blackburn were absolutely tragic that day and the fat fraud lived to tell another tale. Not many other clubs left now Sam.

Rafa said after the game that the gesture was to Alonso. It came after Alonso had just scored from a free kick from a fair disatance, and Rafa had been trying to pass on instructions to float it into the box as a cross. He said he was indicating to Alonso a gesture to the effect of 'ignore me and carry on with what you are doing.'

A week later, after Ferguson and Whiskeynose had piped up, Kuyt scored late in a game against, I think, Hull(?) To make it 3-1, and mischievously made the same gesture to indicate game over ans wind them up.

• Upvote 1

People may laugh at Fat Sam but I hope he stays in his job.

1. Carroll, Downing, and Cole.

He turned a full blown disaster into managable write off.

Who else is going to take our deadwood?

2. If West Ham get rid.

West Ham bring in a new manager, the team get an instant lift, put together a relatively good run of results just in time to face us in their own back yard. No thanks.

FAT SAM IN!

Rafa said after the game that the gesture was to Alonso. It came after Alonso had just scored from a free kick from a fair disatance, and Rafa had been trying to pass on instructions to float it into the box as a cross. He said he was indicating to Alonso a gesture to the effect of 'ignore me and carry on with what you are doing.'

A week later, after Ferguson and Whiskeynose had piped up, Kuyt scored late in a game against, I think, Hull(?) To make it 3-1, and mischievously made the same gesture to indicate game over ans wind them up.

Torres scored the first two goals that day.

The first was that insane hit from the edge of the box in the first five minutes and the second was from a Xabi Alonso free kick which he headed in.

Agger and Ngog got the others...

Torres scored the first two goals that day.

The first was that insane hit from the edge of the box in the first five minutes and the second was from a Xabi Alonso free kick which he headed in.

Agger and Ngog got the others...

Damn. Senility must be setting in. Memory had convinced me the free kick had gone in but it was Torres! Care home soon....