You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our worst signings

No2

There are loads of them and all depends on the criteria but my vote goes to Phil Babb. Bought for a record fee for a centre back of 3.6M pounds after having a very good World Cup 94. Not a measly amount of cash in 1994. Can anyone recall him having a good game? (A really GOOD game I mean, not just not as crap as usual). This guy was useless. Had no clue about marking or positioning and on top of that he thought he was Beckenbauer. He would go charging upfield and always get the ball taken off him and the opposition forward would either score or Babb would go chasing back and chop him down for a penalty.

That's how I recall him.

There are loads of them and all depends on the criteria but my vote goes to Phil Babb. Bought for a record fee for a centre back of 3.6M pounds after having a very good World Cup 94. Not a measly amount of cash in 1994. Can anyone recall him having a good game? (A really GOOD game I mean, not just not as crap as usual). This guy was useless. Had no clue about marking or positioning and on top of that he thought he was Beckenbauer. He would go charging upfield and always get the ball taken off him and the opposition forward would either score or Babb would go chasing back and chop him down for a penalty.

That's how I recall him.

Or wrap his nuts around the goalpost.

Without benefit of hindsight Konchesky has to be right up near the top , anyone with one half working braincell knew he was worse than dogshit, to spunk 4 mill and give him 4 year contract aswell as throwing Fulham a couple of our promising youngsters was a crime.

Edited by DooooodekNo5

Also Downing for 20 mil just pure madness whatever way you look at it ,everyone knew we were getting ripped off for Mr Mediocre

Carroll i cant help but warm to a bit now since the FA Cup final but 35mill ? Sheer lunacy and to think our club pay people to make these monumental fuck ups , it really is sick.

That's how I recall him.

All true, but for comedy value breaking his own nuts goes a long way to redeeming him in my eyes.

Phil Babb's Burst Balls - YouTube

Hmmmmm' date=' it's almost like you've intentionally gone for signings from one particular manager.........[/quote']

No. He picked a team of players signed by Benitez, which sums him up.

Could you not have let WaltonRed figured it out by himself, I doubt he ever would though.

I honestly think I could have put up one or two more 11's from the utter shite Rafa brought in, especially out wide and up front.

Could you not have let WaltonRed figured it out by himself, I doubt he ever would though.

I honestly think I could have put up one or two more 11's from the utter shite Rafa brought in, especially out wide and up front.

The sad thing is that I, along with many lurkers probably held Code's opinions in high regard, up until the whole anti Rafa bullshit, even some ARTy's are probably annoyed by this. This is way beyond irrational hatred... I mean, completely overlooking the kaka that Souness or Houllier brought in (Diao? Diouf? Cheyrou? Stewart? Dicks?) just to make a point about Benitez? Thats quite low Bro Montana, and childish, and quite sad...

Did he touch you/not touch you when you wanted him to?

Jean Michel Ferri.

He was basically bought for a couple of million because Houllier was so paranoid and wanted a mole inside the dressing room*

* I can't remember if this is a fact or if I just heard it off a taxi driver once and have took it as such ever since.

I'm not even a massive fan of Benitez but you are one sad, sad bitter obsessed cunt. You sure you wouldn't be better off supporting Everton? it would also save you the money on going cup-finals which seem to be the only games you don't farm out your tickets for.

The sad thing is that I, along with many lurkers probably held Code's opinions in high regard, up until the whole anti Rafa bullshit, even some ARTy's are probably annoyed by this. This is way beyond irrational hatred... I mean, completely overlooking the kaka that Souness or Houllier brought in (Diao? Diouf? Cheyrou? Stewart? Dicks?) just to make a point about Benitez? Thats quite low Bro Montana, and childish, and quite sad...

Did he touch you/not touch you when you wanted him to?

Why would anyone answer seriously to such a thread.

A lot of the signings Rafa made are easily among our worst ever, but like who is our best ever player who is our worst ever player is all a bit pointless to me as its impossible to compare players from different eras simply because of how the game has developed.

One of the worst signings for me will have to be Ferri who Houllier signed simply to have a mole in the dressing room.

Or maybe you could make a case for Alou Diarra being our worst ever signing considering we never gave him a chance and he since has become the captain of France.

Or Aquilani because he was signed to replace Alonso, was injured for months when we signed him and we really needed to get off to a great start that season and when he played he was mostly shite and have since been loaned out with us paying his wages etc, etc

I went for a collection of Rafa signings instead because the amount of shite signed under him is simply astounding.

I'm not even a massive fan of Benitez but you are one sad, sad bitter obsessed cunt. You sure you wouldn't be better off supporting Everton? it would also save you the money on going cup-finals which seem to be the only games you don't farm out your tickets for.

I went to 10 games this season, from Norway, carry on.

Guest davelfc
I went to 10 games this season, from Norway, carry on.

Not that I would want to question any fan on their loyalty, oh no.

But how many of those 10 are league games, how many minus the everton, mancs (both twats) arsenal. We're not couting league cup or FA Cup now, nor the trips to wembley.

I have a lot of respect for fans that travel a long way to watch the team, for me it's a short bus ride. For others it's time off work, hotel and flights, a costly venture.

He is not one of us and never will be. He is a pointless norwegian.