You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big brave racist lionheart John Terry

Redder Lurtz

Racism has no particular preference for any colour or creed. Whites are no more or less racist than any other. Anyone who has a working knowledge of the Indian sub-continent, or African tribal culture, can vouch for that.

I have working knowledge of African tribal culture, for many years, and I disagree with you. I tend to agree with Zig. I've got no clue about India, though...

So at the end of the saga.

Sadly, this is but the end of a chapter, I think, rather than the saga itself.

All the faultlines in the process remain to be rediscovered the next time around. Until all clubs, ours included, move to change the rules, nothing wil improve.

Ahhhh, you don't understand English, ok, from that comment, What I meant was,,,

I would like the racism rules to give an equal right to all, and an even (as in equal) right to the scales of justice, however, due to the reality of this country, me and you, will never get that.

Do you need me to break it down to a simpler version? or will that suffice?

Also, try to quote my actual words, and not the bits that suit you.

Equality Act 2010

There you go. The reality of this country is that me and you have already got that.

So you can relax now.

You're contradicting yourself a bit there Xerxes. Which bit in bold do you actually believe to be true?

Words are about context. It is perfectly possible to use a word or phrase intentionally in one situation, and be unaware of broader connotations in others.

I couldn't imagine being on Cole's side in many things, but having seen the way the evidence of the likes of Kuyt at the Suarez' case was patronised & dismissed , I have sympathy for him.

Basically it seems that the FA decide which side is guilty & then manipulate their judgement to imply that the evidence of the losing side's witnesses was automatically lies.

As with the Suarez case, it also seems to validate the suggestion that the 'Respect' campaign doesn't run to stopping players making expletive-laden, sexually-degrading rants at the opposition, as long as they don't actually mention which colour they are.

As with the Suarez case, it also seems to validate the suggestion that the 'Respect' campaign doesn't run to stopping players making expletive-laden, sexually-degrading rants at the opposition, as long as they don't actually mention which colour they are.

Spot on. As long as you don't make reference to ethnicity,colour etc you can be as abusive as you like.

Both "judgements" went to great lengths to say that both Suarez and Terry were not racists but used racially abusive language.

Had no respect for Cole to start with but have lost what I would have had if I had had some...

If you're going to say something have the courage of your convictions to follow it through, don't fucking apologise immediately. They are a bunch of twats and you have a right to hold that view, especially if (highly unlikely) you told the truth and they're calling you a liar. Noe you just look petulant, pussyclart.

What they gonna do? Fine you an hours wages?

I don't think we should sing anything, but I was feeling in a creative mood so:

(sung to the tune of "John Kettley is a Weatherman")

John Terry is a Racist Man, a Racist Man, a Racist Man

John Terry is a Racist Man, and Ashley Cole's a twat

(the last bit was in honour of Cole's tweeting rant)

I couldn't imagine being on Cole's side in many things, but having seen the way the evidence of the likes of Kuyt at the Suarez' case was patronised & dismissed , I have sympathy for him.

Basically it seems that the FA decide which side is guilty & then manipulate their judgement to imply that the evidence of the losing side's witnesses was automatically lies.

Completely agree.

I've not read up on this case so don't know what Cole did or didn't say or if his story changed etc

I know that I won't be basing any opinion on it on anything in the FA report as I won't be reading it. I read the Suarez one cover to cover and it was agenda driven bullshit and not even close to being an accurate account the events.

And having seen how they tried to make out that Dirk Kuyt was unreliable I won't be taking their word on Cole.

Well in Henry Winter

Check out the article - Chelsea's Toxic Twins John Terry and Ashley Cole are an embarrassment to the game and their peers

can't attach URL but search Toxic Twins on the Telegraph

Just wonder where Martin Samuel and Oliver Holt have gone.....

Well in Henry Winter

Check out the article - Chelsea's Toxic Twins John Terry and Ashley Cole are an embarrassment to the game and their peers

can't attach URL but search Toxic Twins on the Telegraph

Just wonder where Martin Samuel and Oliver Holt have gone.....

To be fair to Holt (loathe as I am), he was on twitter the other day questioning why-having read the report- the ban wasn't at least as long as Suarez' cos his defence was so flimsy, and that Cole's defence of Terry was awful, and clubs only pay lip service to the racism campaign and it's shameful the way a team mate comes above that.

Fair play to him, to be honest.

been away for a couple of days, am I right in saying Cole apologised, a really sincere apology mind and his tweet is forgotten about and "charges dropped"?

Then he is sharing a joke with the Royals at the opening of the new death star?

- sorry if there is Cole is a twat thread, staying on this thread, has JT appealed yet? - when will he get his 4 games?

Lord Triesman is now asking why Terry was given a lesser ban that which was given to Suarez.

Probably not a popular opinion round here, but I don't think the two sentences are that inconsistent. In each case the FA panel did two things: decide guilt or innocence; then decide a punishment. If you decide that one player is guilty on 7 counts and another guilty on one count, it's natural that the person with 7 counts should receive a greater punishment.

Where the FA truly fucked up on Suarez was deciding the guilt before considering the evidence (or complete lack of it).

A good piece from DJ on the BBC there- thanks Dave.

Racism pretty much defies rational debate in this country. I don’t believe that football in England is racist. But with the sheer numbers involved you will have some with racist views simply as a slice of society in general.

I also believe there is a difference between using a racist slur to antagonise, and being a racist, although neither is acceptable. There is not much in common between the Suarez and Terry cases, each has its own narrative.

John Terry strikes me as being an odious scumbag rather than a racist.

The madness is that the FA rules, our rules, are unchanged, and a re-run is just a matter of time exposing all the obvious fault lines. There was, and is, an opportunity for LFC, and CFC, to take the lead in making the racist language rules more robust. I believe that any charge of using racist abuse should be only handled by the police, and that any subsequent FA action can only be taken following a guilty verdict.

A good piece from DJ on the BBC there- thanks Dave.

Racism pretty much defies rational debate in this country. I don’t believe that football in England is racist. But with the sheer numbers involved you will have some with racist views simply as a slice of society in general.

I also believe there is a difference between using a racist slur to antagonise, and being a racist, although neither is acceptable. There is not much in common between the Suarez and Terry cases, each has its own narrative.

John Terry strikes me as being an odious scumbag rather than a racist.

The madness is that the FA rules, our rules, are unchanged, and a re-run is just a matter of time exposing all the obvious fault lines. There was, and is, an opportunity for LFC, and CFC, to take the lead in making the racist language rules more robust. I believe that any charge of using racist abuse should be only handled by the police, and that any subsequent FA action can only be taken following a guilty verdict.

Twice in 1 day (scary) but this!!!