You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson for England

The_Goat

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont expect much from England, I do from Liverpool.

Also in international football you can go a long way with good organisation and keeping it tight at the back.

Norway under Egil Olsen is the perfect example, we are useless going forward, but still really organised at the back and even if I'm not sold on most British players they are still better than the Norwegian ones.

Keeping it tight at the back, being good from set pieces and having one or two players to work miracles for you are a recipy for success in international football where its enough to win your home games and get a few draws away to qualify for the tournaments and then its cup games really and you dont need to go out and attack like you do in the league if you want success.

Thats why I think Hodgson can do reasonable well with England, England are going to play Norway in a friendly in May though, a loss there and he could be in for a hard ride before he's even started and we have a pretty good record at home, we never lose.

There's certainly some sense in this. But managing England is different to managing Norway (or Switzerland). The English public and press have higher levels of expectation (ridiculously so, in fact). And English players genuinely believe they're among the best in the world. A non-Liverpool fan would probably point out some parallels there, in fact. And that gig worked out well for Roy, didn't it?

I do have some sympathy will spurs in this.

The FA have shown themselves to be a bunch of twats,they destabilsed spurs season by the constant reports in the media of a new manager and wanting a new manager soon.Now the decide they want someone else.

Seems we are taking this ultra personally. He surely can't do much worse than Redknapp. But if he does take it the excuses will be lined up from day one. Nevermind that both have achieved fuckall in 'decades of mgt'. the inexplicable clamour from media and players for Redknapp is equally astonishing IMO.

I do have some sympathy will spurs in this.

The FA have shown themselves to be a bunch of twats,they destabilsed spurs season by the constant reports in the media of a new manager and wanting a new manager soon.Now the decide they want someone else.

Arrrr bless the spurs fans.

Almost as big a bunch of cunts as chelsea fans. Fuck them. They look like they'll get 4th in spite of their form anyway.