You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phil Dowd to ref FA Cup Final

GUS

I'm in northern Ireland today so had talksport on for a bit, hawksbie(sp) and Jacob basically just accused him of been a cheat and pro LFC because he never gave chelsea a pen against us in CC, and gave us one v city at Anfield also I'm CC

Well thats a first! A pro-LFC ref, well we need one if we are going to compete with Webb...

He's OK really. Still capable of a mistake or two like, but they all are. At least you don't get the impression he's one of them who is after the Man of the Match award ahead of the players.

Got to the top of his profession and is one of the few who maintained the standards that got him there, in fact if anything, he's improved. Most of them go backwards when they reach the top.

I remember the 'gary macca derby' where dowd gives a penalty to everton to (I think because sami is pushing down on a defenders) and then gives a free kick deep injury time for a foul on greg vignal and then gary weaves his magic. that is my only memory of dowd reffing a game of ours.

I remember the 'gary macca derby' where dowd gives a penalty to everton to (I think because sami is pushing down on a defenders) and then gives a free kick deep injury time for a foul on greg vignal and then gary weaves his magic. that is my only memory of dowd reffing a game of ours.

Pretty sure that was Jeff Winter, mate.