You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read it on another forum, could be total bs but worth investigating nonetheless....something is afoot, the owners have been too quiet for too long, royhendo is not a bullshit artist - i'm sure we'll find out in the next few days anyway, it'll probably be revealed on the morning of the semi-final in an attempt to unsettle us

If it is true then its not something that wasnt on the horizon. I think they were and still naive in terms of money to be made out of football clubs without millions being invested in. Sponsorship deals to fund the stadium go hand in hand with success on the pitch.

I cant imagine there are too many sheikhs out there or russian oilgarchs wanting to purchse a club and throw money at the club so we will end up in a similar position.

How about we get some owners with proper money this time, ones that won't be scared to fund us a stadium and buy top class players. I know this probably won't be a popular opinion but I am getting fed up with "Long term plans that may or may not pay off in the future" when it comes to players.

How about we start winning games and not worry about the whatever crap about the owners and any long term plans.

How about we get some owners with proper money this time, ones that won't be scared to fund us a stadium and buy top class players. I know this probably won't be a popular opinion but I am getting fed up with "Long term plans that may or may not pay off in the future" when it comes to players.

I certainly have sympathy with this view. I'm mid-30's, so I actually remember us winning the league, and being the foremost team in the land. I also initially wanted to be able to do it on our own with a long term plan, but I'm not enjoying where we are now at all.

Most people were talking about long term owners plan, when Rafa was here, and a bit of extra funding each year would have really pushed us on. But you only need to get that plan wrong once, and you're a mid-table team with less funding than teams above you, and worse players than the teams around you.

I'd be more than open to a City-esque take over. Look at the money they have pumped in to the community. Those houses around the stadium would be sorted pretty fucking quickly, and that's for starters.

We're in limbo at the moment.

Unfortunately, with FSG's connections, it's probably like to be another American owner/consortium who don't want to invest.

Either way, whatever happens is going to happen, we fucked up by selling to the yanks instead of Dubai. That was when we could have become a giant.

40,000 seats and history doesn't cut it for the youngsters looking for teams to support, so 6-9th in the table is probably a vision into our future.

I certainly have sympathy with this view. I'm mid-30's, so I actually remember us winning the league, and being the foremost team in the land. I also initially wanted to be able to do it on our own with a long term plan, but I'm not enjoying where we are now at all.

Most people were talking about long term owners plan, when Rafa was here, and a bit of extra funding each year would have really pushed us on. But you only need to get that plan wrong once, and you're a mid-table team with less funding than teams above you, and worse players than the teams around you.

I'd be more than open to a City-esque take over. Look at the money they have pumped in to the community. Those houses around the stadium would be sorted pretty fucking quickly, and that's for starters.

We're in limbo at the moment.

Unfortunately, with FSG's connections, it's probably like to be another American owner/consortium who don't want to invest.

Either way, whatever happens is going to happen, we fucked up by selling to the yanks instead of Dubai. That was when we could have become a giant.

40,000 seats and history doesn't cut it for the youngsters looking for teams to support, so 6-9th in the table is probably a vision into our future.

I fully agree with you that we fucked up not selling to Dubai, and Citys owners are very impressive. I want to feel the excitement of knowing we can afford the top class players and pay the best wages for them, I want to feel the excitement of a new stadium being built and areas of Liverpool being re developed. I (like us all) want the best for this football club and the city and money is the only way it is going to happen. I am almost resigned to the fact that this will likely never happen though. I know I probably sound like some new fan knob head (I am not) , I just want the best for Liverpool and I can't see any other way it can happen other than with owners with massive amounts of money.

Royhendo is the guy that brought it up.

Didn't he used to post on here now and again.

From lurking on there occasionally I always got the impression hes not the type of person to bullshit.

Its all conjecture at this point but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if its something about FSG considering bailing.

Sadly he does seem like the kind of person to cause pointless anxiety. Why on earth post something basically saying 'I know something, it's not good, but I can't tell you'? Obviously people will panic, and then the RAWK lean and slippered guardsmen march in censoring people for panicking. It's absolutely asinine.

Guest davelfc
I fully agree with you that we fucked up not selling to Dubai, and Citys owners are very impressive. I want to feel the excitement of knowing we can afford the top class players and pay the best wages for them, I want to feel the excitement of a new stadium being built and areas of Liverpool being re developed. I (like us all) want the best for this football club and the city and money is the only way it is going to happen. I am almost resigned to the fact that this will likely never happen though. I know I probably sound like some new fan knob head (I am not) , I just want the best for Liverpool and I can't see any other way it can happen other than with owners with massive amounts of money.

Yes you do, you forgot your plastic flags, they're at the door for you. Now fuck off!

Sadly he does seem like the kind of person to cause pointless anxiety. Why on earth post something basically saying 'I know something, it's not good, but I can't tell you'? Obviously people will panic, and then the RAWK lean and slippered guardsmen march in censoring people for panicking. It's absolutely asinine.

Well thats true.

Its either incredibly foolish or some sort of windup.

Either way it sort of blows my theory out of the water that hes a reliable enough guy.

But I just always thought he was from occasionally lurking on there.

Guest davelfc
Fair enough, I deserve replies like this!

There I've fixed it for you. You go back to player manager on your iPhone, there's a good boy.

There I've fixed it for you. You go back to player manager on your iPhone, there's a good boy.

I am sure you want the best for the Club and for the city, when you look at what Manchester City owners are doing to the local area don't you want that to happen here? I don't own an Iphone and I have never played player manager FYI.

Whats player manager, is that some sort of shit knock off Football Manager or Championship Manager or whatever?

Player manager was an ace anco (I think) game for the Amiga.

Found it.

Player Manager - Amiga Game / Games - Download ADF, Cheat - Lemon Amiga

A great game in it's time, but was over taken by sensible soccer, then sensible world of soccer.