You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dunkan Jenkins on Twitter

Lurtz

Well we know now from Chang telling Andy Heaton, that at least one of the threats was real. At what point do you cut Sean a little slack, Tom?

When it's proven, I guess. I don't know the guy so can't vouch for him at all.

Saying that, I don't think he is making it up. But what the fuck do I know.

I don't know Tom. What do you know?

What I read on here. Which is heavily skewed, seemingly, and one verison of events only.

But, if the guy has been treated the way he says he has, it's pretty bloody disgraceful and I would want an apology as well if I were him.

I guess I only question the way he's going about things in order to bring about the apology. But, to each their own.

And if he doesn't get one? What 'suitable course of action' does Sean want to take?

He is getting advice on that one so i wouldn't know the next course of action would be.

Again only my personal opinion but i would want everyone to know what the Director of Comms is like at the club.

Obviously i can not make people believe the accusations made by Duncan Jenkins, the threats on his family etc.

I have been involved in this whole incident before the meeting with Chang took place and obviously i was aware who Duncan Jenkins really was.

I haven't just come to conclusion Sean is telling the truth after he let it public last week, i witnessed the state he was in after the meeting which was one of shock.

People can say that I'm sticking up for a mate and I'm bound to side for Sean but that is not true, if anyone came to me and said that they were having trouble with the club and explained what had happened i would back them just as much.

If people want to dismiss the allegations about threats to his family etc then fine but Chang has admitted to TAW that he did threaten Sean with removal of the season ticket and that alone is one threat too many.

It's also worth noting that some journalists know exactly what happened but are bound by their superiors not to say anything.

It doesn't stop them retweeting articles on Twitter though.

What I read on here. Which is heavily skewed, seemingly, and one verison of events only.

But, if the guy has been treated the way he says he has, it's pretty bloody disgraceful and I would want an apology as well if I were him.

I guess I only question the way he's going about things in order to bring about the apology. But, to each their own.

I think if it was my family that was being threatenend, I would want far more than just an apology - I would want to expose the individual concerned, and have him put in a position (or out of a position in this case) where he was not able to make good on the threats. That would be my overriding concern. If Chang is booted out - and he absolutely should be - his threat goes away, because nobody would give him the time of day. To think he's still got people doing his bidding is vomit-inducing, frankly.

He is getting advice on that one so i wouldn't know the next course of action would be.

Again only my personal opinion but i would want everyone to know what the Director of Comms is like at the club.

Obviously i can not make people believe the accusations made by Duncan Jenkins, the threats on his family etc.

I have been involved in this whole incident before the meeting with Chang took place and obviously i was aware who Duncan Jenkins really was.

I haven't just come to conclusion Sean is telling the truth after he let it public last week, i witnessed the state he was in after the meeting which was one of shock.

People can say that I'm sticking up for a mate and I'm bound to side for Sean but that is not true, if anyone came to me and said that they were having trouble with the club and explained what had happened i would back them just as much.

If people want to dismiss the allegations about threats to his family etc then fine but Chang has admitted to TAW that he did threaten Sean with removal of the season ticket and that alone is one threat too many.

It's also worth noting that some journalists know exactly what happened but are bound by their superiors not to say anything.

Yep, all fair enough, Coop. It just seems fairly extraordinary lengths to go to get an apology. Putting yourself under all this strain. But, as I say, to each their own. I hope the apology, if and when it comes, puts this guy's mind at ease.

I think if it was my family that was being threatenend, I would want far more than just an apology - I would want to expose the individual concerned, and have him put in a position (or out of a position in this case) where he was not able to make good on the threats. That would be my overriding concern. If Chang is booted out - and he absolutely should be - his threat goes away, because nobody would give him the time of day. To think he's still got people doing his bidding is vomit-inducing, frankly.

Yep, I agree, if all this turns out to be true, I fail to see how Chang can stay in his role.

On the first part I don't think it was unreasonable for Chang to threaten to remove a ticket (which wasn't in his name anyway and the club could do it anyway if they choose) from a supporter if he believes he has evidence that his actions are damaging the clubs. Giving Chang and the club some credit, you would have to think they genuinely thought DJ's tweets where having and did have an adverse affect on the clubs finances. If Cummin's goal was just to have a laugh on twitter then a simple request to stop for the benefit of the club is not that much to ask. Have a laugh at the clubs paranoia and move on.

On the last last bit it's a bit fanciful to think the superiors at any newspaper held anything back for LFC's benefit. Just about every media outlet has been shitting on us from a height for as long as I can remember, why change the habit of a life time? Without naming the journalists will you name the papers?

Yep, all fair enough, Coop. It just seems fairly extraordinary lengths to go to get an apology. Putting yourself under all this strain. But, as I say, to each their own. I hope the apology, if and when it comes, puts this guy's mind at ease.

It could have all been settled early doors mate.

Chang was given more then one opportunity to apologise for his behaviour and that would have been the matter closed.

No-one would have needed to know the events and everything could have been kept out of the public eye.

I personally don't see why Sean should have kept quiet because basically what Chang allegedly did was bullying and that is not acceptable in any walks of life.

Would you advise a child, family member or work mate to keep quiet if they were the victim of a bully.

People that abuse the position of seniority should be exposed in any business and i personally don't want someone like that working for my club.

If someone threatens not only yourself but your family then I'm sorry but you do not take those accusations quietly.

On the first part I don't think it was unreasonable for Chang to threaten to remove a ticket (which wasn't in his name anyway and the club could do it anyway if they choose) from a supporter if he believes he has evidence that his actions are damaging the clubs. Giving Chang and the club some credit, you would have to think they genuinely thought DJ's tweets where having and did have an adverse affect on the clubs finances. If Cummin's goal was just to have a laugh on twitter then a simple request to stop for the benefit of the club is not that much to ask. Have a laugh at the clubs paranoia and move on.

On the last last bit it's a bit fanciful to think the superiors at any newspaper held anything back for LFC's benefit. Just about every media outlet has been shitting on us from a height for as long as I can remember, why change the habit of a life time? Without naming the journalists will you name the papers?

I'm not going to name either the journalist or the papers but by keeping this story quiet and telling the club they are not running with the story it keeps them sweet within the corridors of Anfield.

I thought that there would of been more or even some cast iron proof he can produce to back up his claims.

I believe he is telling the truth but that means sod all in the big picture of it all.

The fact the club has done nothing over all of this and no apollogy has come out,tells you the club or Chang wont issue one.

It boils down to Seans version of events of which there is nothing to back up what he claims and Changs who has said he met him but the rest is bullshit.

By going public he has brought Chang to the attention of people but imo without any cast iron proof he wont convince the vast majority of the people.

It could have all been settled early doors mate.

Chang was given more then one opportunity to apologise for his behaviour and that would have been the matter closed.

No-one would have needed to know the events and everything could have been kept out of the public eye.

I personally don't see why Sean should have kept quiet because basically what Chang allegedly did was bullying and that is not acceptable in any walks of life.

Would you advise a child, family member or work mate to keep quiet if they were the victim of a bully.

People that abuse the position of seniority should be exposed in any business and i personally don't want someone like that working for my club.

If someone threatens not only yourself but your family then I'm sorry but you do not take those accusations quietly.

I definitely agree if things played out like Sean says, Chang has to go. Appalling behaviour.

How Sean plays it is obviously his choice. I personally can't fathom putting myself under the media spotlight for the sake of an apology. I am not sure the end would justify the means. But, then, the bloke obviously feels extremely wronged. So good luck to him!

Yep, I would want an apology as well. Providing Sean's version of events is correct of course

But would I go public the way Sean has, though? Probably not.

I'd say the most important thing with this story is going public with it, how does it benefit the club in any way to have a director behaving like this to its bread and butter, the fans.

Chang must go.

I thought that there would of been more or even some cast iron proof he can produce to back up his claims.

I believe he is telling the truth but that means sod all in the big picture of it all.

The fact the club has done nothing over all of this and no apollogy has come out,tells you the club or Chang wont issue one.

It boils down to Seans version of events of which there is nothing to back up what he claims and Changs who has said he met him but the rest is bullshit.

By going public he has brought Chang to the attention of people but imo without any cast iron proof he wont convince the vast majority of the people.

He can not prove everything but he does have proof over certain things ie emails, text messages sent etc.

Regards the club doing nothing, well time will tell on that one.

I definitely agree if things played out like Sean says, Chang has to go. Appalling behaviour.

How Sean plays it is obviously his choice. I personally can't fathom putting myself under the media spotlight for the sake of an apology. I am not sure the end would justify the means. But, then, the bloke obviously feels extremely wronged. So good luck to him!

An apology would mean a lot to him but also exposing someone who uses that sort of action whilst in a position of both power and trust within the club is also important.

Well the club are going to have to respond in some form or another.

There is still no proof that he was threatened in the way that Jenkins said he was threatened, sorry but unlike the posters on this thread I don't know the lad, so I am not going to take your word for his character.

How did he threaten him with the season ticket? Did he say directly - i'll take your ticket away or did he point out that he shouldn't be sharing one and it would be easy to take it away, one is a direct threat, the other is just being a cunt. It doesn't reflect well on Chang either way, if all he wants is an apology then I don't see why Chang simply doesn't phone him up and explain and apologise, as it seems to be least that he deserves.

On another note, is it any wonder we don't get anything done at this club, how many people have been involved in the recruitment process for our Director of Communications? At least a dozen on this sight alone are convinced he was neither experienced or qualified for the job, which they would only know by being involved in every step of the way! We really need to simplify this - have a strong CEO who makes the decisions.

Well the club are going to have to respond in some form or another.

There is still no proof that he was threatened in the way that Jenkins said he was threatened, sorry but unlike the posters on this thread I don't know the lad, so I am not going to take your word for his character.

How did he threaten him with the season ticket? Did he say directly - i'll take your ticket away or did he point out that he shouldn't be sharing one and it would be easy to take it away, one is a direct threat, the other is just being a cunt. It doesn't reflect well on Chang either way, if all he wants is an apology then I don't see why Chang simply doesn't phone him up and explain and apologise, as it seems to be least that he deserves.

On another note, is it any wonder we don't get anything done at this club, how many people have been involved in the recruitment process for our Director of Communications? At least a dozen on this sight alone are convinced he was neither experienced or qualified for the job, which they would only know by being involved in every step of the way! We really need to simplify this - have a strong CEO who makes the decisions.

The threat was made that he would take the season ticket away and that his mate whose ticket he was sharing wouldn't be happy as it would be Sean to blame for the ticket being removed.

This again was a threat that not only would they lose the ticket that also it would turn his own friends against him.

As regards your last point then i would suggest John W Henry stops listening to people who are purely out to help themselves and starts listening to proper football people not some 'wannabes'.

Cheers for the insight Coop.

I was a massive fan of DJ , retweeted a lot of his posts and had a load of mates then following him subsequently. The lad had me in stitches.

I can fully see why he has took the route he has and I'd have no reason to disbelieve any of his story. Looking at the club's PR track record over the past years none what has supposedly happened would surprise me and I certainly see no reason to give LFC the benefit of the doubt. We are a train wreck PR wise. I suspect the lack of tangible evidence will save Chang but if this is the way he behaves then the club really need to get shut. Embarrasing and amateurish.

There certainly isn't anything new in that Indy article but his name. Most would say that is the least you can offer when making such allegations. I was expecting some smoking gun, Chang already admitted he meet with the parody account.

As Whelan suggests it would be sensible if the club ended the ambiguity.

I do think people should be careful who may have the best of intentions to try and help. That their help doesn't dilute what may have happened. It seems a few people on here seem to be a bit keen to implicate some of the TAW folk. I remember when Chang was appointed some didn't like him as they felt he was too pally with the TAW team.

I'm not going to name either the journalist or the papers but by keeping this story quiet and telling the club they are not running with the story it keeps them sweet within the corridors of Anfield.

Or maybe it's down to the fact that 99.9% of readers of every newspaper outside of Liverpool couldn't give 2 fucks about this non story. How many people in Anfield on Saturday will even know who Chang is, never mind some parody who got upset on the internet?

I honestly can't think of any reason why you would with hold such basic inoffensive information (the paper I mean, not the actual journo).

You seem pretty naive, No2.

I would have thought the opposite myself. There is outrage on here against Chang because he used some of the leverage he had at his disposal, a proper nasty cunt would have pulled the season ticket as a starting point before the meeting , siting misuse of the ticket as outlined in the T&C's. Some on here would think Chang should have turned up with flowers, a handful of corporate tickets and got down on his knee's and begged the chap to stop using the internet. The old saying that "its all fun and games until someone loose's an eye" is most apt in this instance.

Also I'd like to address the threats he allegedly used against DJ and his family. Chang's main source of communication with Liverpool fans is the internet, in all fairness to him he wouldn't have to look to far beyond this forum to come to the conclusion that some of our fans are cunts more than capable of posting human shit through some one door, his big mistake his probably taking these keyboard warriors at face value.

As regards your last point then i would suggest John W Henry stops listening to people who are purely out to help themselves and starts listening to proper football people not some 'wannabes'.

Who would these 'football people' be Coop? I keep hearing this phrase, without ever whom it should be. If they mean appoint Barwick I couldn't agree more, but people never seem to tell us what to do, just what is wrong. My point was more to the fact that blokes on the internet who are, its fair to say, normal blokes, in normal employment seem confident in stating who is and isnt' qualified for roles that quite frankly are not in the same stratosphere that they are operating.

I do think people should be careful who may have the best of intentions to try and help. That their help doesn't dilute what may have happened. It seems a few people on here seem to be a bit keen to implicate some of the TAW folk. I remember when Chang was appointed some didn't like him as they felt he was too pally with the TAW team.

That is part of the reason for my caution, a lot of people have formed their opinion on FSG and events like this are seen as proof and accepted on face value alone, there are loads of little vendetta's that are still in place from H & G. If the club denies it, then it is simply going to be a case of one man's word against another.

I am confident that it didn't happen exactly the way that is being reported, it very rarely is. But I don't think a club employee should be threatening fans, even implying the potential reaper cushions.

Evidence of Chang's behaviour is out there if only you look for it.

Chang might actually be a Reds supporter.

624373.jpg

Chang asked the owners if he could personally oversee the weeding out of Twitter troublemakers.

tumblr_mab8a6ecci1rqwi4x.gif

The food at that Manchester restaurant/tapas bar might not be all that.

tumblr_m4ut27ILQl1qjbryso1_400.gif

Chang didn't taking it too well when Sean/DJ told him he wouldn't stop tweeting.

tumblr_m94mayckga1r243ba.gif

Chang was not averse to making threats.

community-have-you-met-me.gif

Chang imagines himself as some badass gangster from a John Woo film.

senor_chang_paintball_by_ryuuketsueg-d4avymw.gif

Chang needed to prove that he wasn't to be trifled with.

tumblr_m0m987GQzZ1rpivqqo1_500.gif

Chang wanted to put an end to all this nonsense.

tumblr_m48hzc2kwn1qbdf99o2_500.gif

Chang might well have been listening to the voices in his head.

tumblr_m77i5w6r8D1row30uo1_500.gif

As I said, the evidence is there if you look hard enough.