You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fox Fakes Moscow Protest With Athens Clashes

Byrnie

They're all at it, Al Jazeera use fake videos too. You can't trust any of them.

Was watching ITN's coverage where they said something along the lines of, 'protests are growing in Russia over alleged vote rigging, Vladamir Putin - a former KGB agent - has denied the claims'.

I chortled.

"Labour have hit out at the chancellor's new budget claiming it lacks economic vision, George Osborne - a former data entry clerk who once worked at Selfridges - denied the claims."

I don't understand why the BBC are getting shit over this. They showed a documentary a while back showing exactly how they film their nature programmes, and how they had to include footage not from the wild to show various aspects of animal behaviour, or show some animals in close up. Much ado about nothing - just a few rags trying to shit stir over what was brilliant, intelligent television - the same rags who shoot their love cream all over total shite like X Factor and similar bollocks.

I knew those Polar Bears had been used in multiple documentaries regarding the arctic but I wasnt aware that they were done in captivity.

It doesnt make that much difference to me BUT when giving evidence on climate change it doesnt help credibility by not at least informing the viewers that those clips weren't from the arctic itself.

I don't understand why the BBC are getting shit over this. They showed a documentary a while back showing exactly how they film their nature programmes, and how they had to include footage not from the wild to show various aspects of animal behaviour, or show some animals in close up. Much ado about nothing - just a few rags trying to shit stir over what was brilliant, intelligent television - the same rags who shoot their love cream all over total shite like X Factor and similar bollocks.

The BBC is inhabited by free-loading pinko sons of bitches and must be held to account by those bastions of free speech and democracy The Daily Mail and Daily Express.

It's not fair, I tells yer. That BBC gets free money to make made-up animal shows whilst Sky One has to fight all on its own for survival. Showing programmes it made in America. Really great quality programmes. Probably with "...Uncut!" or "....Gone Wild!" at the end of its title.

Attack! We want free markets!! Even for information and culture-shaping programming!!!

Topless news presenters, here we come!!!

I knew those Polar Bears had been used in multiple documentaries regarding the arctic but I wasnt aware that they were done in captivity.

It doesnt make that much difference to me BUT when giving evidence on climate change it doesnt help credibility by not at least informing the viewers that those clips weren't from the arctic itself.

There weren't enough wide angled shots of animals on melting glaciers for them, then?

Was watching ITN's coverage where they said something along the lines of, 'protests are growing in Russia over alleged vote rigging, Vladamir Putin - a former KGB agent - has denied the claims'.

I chortled.

"Labour have hit out at the chancellor's new budget claiming it lacks economic vision, George Osborne - a former data entry clerk who once worked at Selfridges - denied the claims."

I think former KGB agent is marginally more sinister, and relevant.

I forget who it was who said "there's no such thing as a former KGB agent".

The local take on it was something along the lines of 'Putin denies fixing, but the international monitors show something else.' Since when did any national election have to have 'international monitors' keeping an eye on things?

What goes on in Russia is Russia's business, and Clinton should worry about the lack of democracy in her own country - actually 'The Clinton Chronicles' are enough evidence to send her and her husband to prison for murder and drug dealing.

I think former KGB agent is marginally more sinister, and relevant.

I forget who it was who said "there's no such thing as a former KGB agent".

Agreed, and isn't that the point? A little nugget they dropped in there to sway viewers' attitudes of what was right and who was wrong, rather than just deliver the facts?

Although it could be argued that when Osborne's financial competence is called into question, his lack of experience outside of politics save for minimum wage jobs is very relevent.

Agreed, and isn't that the point? A little nugget they dropped in there to sway viewers' attitudes of what was right and who was wrong, rather than just deliver the facts?

Although it could be argued that when Osborne's financial competence is called into question, his lack of experience outside of politics save for minimum wage jobs is very relevent.

Exactly, and we all know there is no such thing as a 'former data entry clerk'.