You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

life Wins

Ginny

We lost a car key ages ago and we were just about making do with the one, but I was worried that if that got lost we'd really be in the shit. So I got in touch with the local garage who would need £250 to get and program a new one. Silly money.

Couple of weeks back I was going through some old clothes I was taking to charity and just before I flung the bag in the boot I thought I'd better check for money and rubbish in the pockets. Found the car key.

Almost made me feel guilty about blaming the wife for losing it.

• 1 month later...

I very rarely do any navigation on rallies. 

But today I got my first ever trophy as a navigator. All of my trophies for driving are just in boxes in the loft except one for winning my class on an event which was a memorial event for someone I had known since I was a kid and the remnants of a piston from when the engine on my old Rallycross Astra detonated. 

Navigation one has gone on the shelf for sheer novelty as I do it so rarely. 

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, brilliant!

My niece is competing there too

Edit. Just heard from my dad that she's won gold in the table tennis and is waiting to go in the sprints.

Not a peep from her ridiculous parents

• Upvote 3

There were a couple of lads,brothers, I was mates with when we first moved to Runcorn but they moved back to Merseyside after a few years. I then saw some photos in the Echo showing a lad who had had a kidney or liver transplant and had won gold in those games about 15 or so years ago and I recognised his name. He would be in his early 50s now so I'm not sure if he'd be competing now as it was an Athletics event like a marathon or 10k or something.

Well done to all involved.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a good two days. 
First off Gas and Keccy reading have me up so my bills down to £66 month and they are refunding me £200. Then we got our pay rise,not had one in about 5 years and we have nabbed 10% and they are backdating it till April. So come September 10th pay we should be getting back paid around a grand on top off the £200 a month increase. 

About fucking time but you can't complain

The back pay shall go towards my guitar and amp after i start with the acoustic next month when im off

• Upvote 3

Been a good two days.

First off Gas and Keccy reading have me up so my bills down to £66 month and they are refunding me £200. Then we got our pay rise,not had one in about 5 years and we have nabbed 10% and they are backdating it till April. So come September 10th pay we should be getting back paid around a grand on top off the £200 a month increase.

About fucking time but you can't complain

The back pay shall go towards my guitar and amp after i start with the acoustic next month when im off

The first bit sn't good news.

Just the man or maybe not...why is my energy supplier so keen to provide me with a smart meter?

Had the same thing today from somebody called Utilita. Tosspot trying to tell us we had to change our meter and wanted to arrange a date to do it! 'You are one of only a few in this area who haven't got one' he says and I kindly told him I dont care about other people and I will do some research first.

So according to you rico its about meeting targets then is it?