You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish expects to have money to spend

Iceman

Levazzi and bollocks.

We have to first get back to where we belong. That's difficult with, at least, three teams going for the fourth CL spot, then we have to show we can maintain it with a splurge on talent which will keep us there, no mean feat!

We are in a very delicate position, whereby we have to show we can be perennial contenders, not once every couple of years in the Champions League, to be able to dine at the top table.

Ganso and Lucas as well, from what I've seen, look the buisness and I think this is where we should be looking, not at the established 'Stars' but at the next generation who pose a risk, but one worth taking, as much as it pains me to say we need to be looking at Hernandez type signings rather than some washed up tramp like Laquinta, who'll want wages to go with the hype.

Agree with the bit in bold all the way. We'l get blown out the water for some of the big names so this is the only area we can exploit.

However the fans have to back the player and the manager on this or the wheels will come off very quickly. The research on these players need to be spot on. No more Babel type mistakes. We just can't afford that.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking prey that isn't the case with Coloccini.

Great season he's having, but I would never expect that from him season in, season out. I hope we're looking at someone else from Newcastle and the Coloccini stuff is a guess from a journo.

I did always like Demba Ba, but doubt it's him. But I would be interested in seeing how Santon develops, and then the likes of Ryan Taylor would not offend me, someone who can do an Arbeloa job across the back four.

I fucking prey that isn't the case with Coloccini.

Great season he's having, but I would never expect that from him season in, season out. I hope we're looking at someone else from Newcastle and the Coloccini stuff is a guess from a journo.

I did always like Demba Ba, but doubt it's him. But I would be interested in seeing how Santon develops, and then the likes of Ryan Taylor would not offend me, someone who can do an Arbeloa job across the back four.

Coloccini, Cabaye and Tiote would be good signings. We could have got Cabaye cheap in the summer.

What would Coloccini add to our team? We appear to be on the same level as Utd and Chelsea in terms of goals conceded - so what would he add to our defense. It's up front where we need help.

Freak results for both United and us have skewed the goals conceded a bit. Think our priority has to be a good finisher and a winger.

Fuck Coloccini, get me Cahill every day of the week over this guy.

IF we want someone at the back pronto. Otherwise wait until the Summer and see if we're CL-bound or not, that would open up a whole new set of doors with regard top defenders.

Cahill will be available for free from Aug 2012. Can't see us going for him unless we are selling one of Skrtel or Agger. Spurs and Arsenal are in for him if rumours are to be believed.

Think he is worth about 12-14 million but is he better than what we already have? Wasn't impressed with Bolton's defending last season and it hasn't improved much this year mind.

What would Coloccini add to our team? We appear to be on the same level as Utd and Chelsea in terms of goals conceded - so what would he add to our defense. It's up front where we need help.

Disagree. Our defence is as much of a problem as our attack, we'll never win anything without keeping clean sheets and I think we've only kept 2 all season, which simply isn't good enough. We score nearly every game but we get undone at the back by a stupid mistake, or because the defence is sitting too deep. Before signing a centre back in January/Summer we should experiment with two of Coates/Skrtel/Agger as we've really got nothing to lose, and our defence can't get any worse than it already is at conceding stupid goals.

Disagree. Our defence is as much of a problem as our attack, we'll never win anything without keeping clean sheets and I think we've only kept 2 all season, which simply isn't good enough. We score nearly every game but we get undone at the back by a stupid mistake, or because the defence is sitting too deep. Before signing a centre back in January/Summer we should experiment with two of Coates/Skrtel/Agger as we've really got nothing to lose, and our defence can't get any worse than it already is at conceding stupid goals.

This is the thing for me. We don't know if we need a centre half until we try out different options at centre back. Options which isn't just Carragher and one other.

We're never going to be able to rely on Agger to stay fit long term, but next time he's out try Skrtel and Coates or try Martin Kelly alongside one of the two.

Carragher will need replacing soon, but we'll only know if our other options are good enough by playing them together. We should be beyond the point now where Carragher plays every game. We've had two games now in the Carling Cup athis season where we could have tried out different options at CB, but still played Carragher.

I think we already have 3-4 central defenders as good as, if not better than Coloccini. If we do sign another central defender he must be from the very top drawer and go straight tot he top of the pile. No point signing anyone otherwise. Perhaps Coates and Agger will be the future, or Agger and Skrtel, or Agger and Kelly, or Coates and Kelly. And then Wisdom might have a ay if he keeps improving. Coloccini doesn't get a look in. If we sign Hummels or Subotic then fair enough, start shifting one or two out - but not for Coloccini.

Id buy Tiote, ofer Lucas in a swap deal. I know its early to judge and it may be a purple patch but he just has something about him, chutzpah and a watermelon like forehead.

Gervinho and Tiote clashing heads could be the cause of the big bang.

Are you for real? :eek:

This is the thing for me. We don't know if we need a centre half until we try out different options at centre back. Options which isn't just Carragher and one other.

We're never going to be able to rely on Agger to stay fit long term, but next time he's out try Skrtel and Coates or try Martin Kelly alongside one of the two.

Carragher will need replacing soon, but we'll only know if our other options are good enough by playing them together. We should be beyond the point now where Carragher plays every game. We've had two games now in the Carling Cup athis season where we could have tried out different options at CB, but still played Carragher.

Good post

I don't know where he would fit in tbh.

Discussion on RAWK about Junior Hoilett... Not seen him much but from the odd game I saw, I don't think he has the final delivery. Runs fast and keeps posession of the ball but doesn't create much.

Cahill and Hoilett on a free next summer anyone? :|

Personally think we need someone like Nani, Mata or Nasri. Think Douglas Costa could be that player but don't see it happening.

Discussion on RAWK about Junior Hoilett... Not seen him much but from the odd game I saw, I don't think he has the final delivery. Runs fast and keeps posession of the ball but doesn't create much.

Personally think we need someone like Nani, Mata or Nasri. Think Douglas Costa could be that player but don't see it happening.

No thanks.

Is Hoilett out of a contract next summer?!? Would be a great signing... Thought he was British though...

Edited by richster