You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keys and Gray - Talksport - Hillsborough.

Bob

I've not seen it mentioned, but the Keys and gray show is focusing on hillsborough today and for the next two days.

I can imagine some of the immediate thoughts on this, but so far i think its been excellent. Graeme Beecroft was on for what must have been an hour talking about his experience of it reporting for Radio Merseyside on the day.

theres been a lot of background and put over in such a way to really educated people. John Thompson from the Echo is on now (has been for a bit)

Its pure chance i had it on the radio in the car heading away from a meeting, and its unlikely i'll catch the next couple of days, but so far, worth a listen and if you have anyone on twitter of facebook etc that could benefit from some backgronud learning, worth a mention as no doubt itll be available to listen again from the website.

Apologies if I'm off with this, but hasn't Keys made outrageous comments about Hillsborough in the past?

I've no idea, but while he is a tit, and was annoying at times dueing this, the guests they had on, and the way they were allowed to speak their mind and retell their stories without words being put in their mouths, can only be good for educating the masses.

There was a bizzy on before who was a constable in South Yorkshire police in 1989. He's still in them but higher up and he said that the families of the 96 need to know what happened and that the documents need to released in full. Dunno how much of it was spin to try and make out that not all of them are a shower shit, but he sounded pretty genuine.

I thought the policeman was as good as it gets.

Since all of the talk beforehand had been about how the fans had been as well behaved as you could expect any fans out for a good day at a semi final etc etc I expected him to give the 'opposing view' for the programme to show 'balance' in favour of the South Yorkshire police.

I was really surprised when he came out saying they received no guidance or leadership in helping the injured after it became obvious there were serious problems. He was far more scathing of the police than I could have expected and thought he must now have retired. Again really surprised to find he is still with S. Y police though now more senior.

Tomorrow they're continuing with the background and amongst others they are talking to John Aldridge.

For all of Talksports faults I thought the coverage this morning was excellent.

LFCTV have just showed an interview which they conducted with Keys and Grey from the Juice FM studios were Talksport are broadcasting from this week. I never realised how passionate they both are about the subject, particularly Keys who spoke of his wife being scouse and the time he spent living on Merseyside. He said he stood on the Kop after travelling over to lay flowers in the days after the disaster, and ended up spending the day with Kenny and the families of those who died.

They both said it isn't right that justice still hasn't been done, and they want to educate the country on the disaster in the hope of raising public awareness and gaining full disclosure.

Whatever we think about them personally, and I've always had little time for both, fair fucks to them and Talksport for this because any efforts to win support in the fight need to be commended. Whatever you think about Talksport, it's a national station with huge numbers of listeners, particularly on their show, and this exposure could be invaluable.

Just listened to it all.

Keys seems ok but that bluenose twat Grey is a cunt of the highest order in his observations.

what makes you say that? I didnt manage to listen to all of it, but caught most of it from the start and i thought gray seemed more outspoken in support than keyes who seemed to be playing the 'impartial anchor' (not rhyming slang).

Gray did have one little bit where he "played devils advocate" to Beecroft, but didnt sound like he beleived the line he was saying, just giving Beecroft the chance to give the true side of events and dispel popular myths (about the headline in the S*n i believe).

EDIT: It was really interesting to hear beecrofts commentary from the time, where he seemed to be getting very good information and was actually stating live on air that what BBC TV are saying isnt true (liverpool fans breaking down the gate etc) and that he had spoken to the police and they hadn't.

Clearly he had a local bias, where TV didnt, but he gave a real lesson in journalistic integrity there.

Apologies if I'm off with this, but hasn't Keys made outrageous comments about Hillsborough in the past?

Having seen an interview last night with Keys and Gray on LFCTV I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Keys spoke very well about Hillsborough as did Gray and it made me think that this show could actually do a lot of good and that the dribbling mongs that listen to those two on a regular occasion may actually learn something.

I'd also add that the more I hear from the police, the more I think they are planning to hang Duckenfield out to dry on this one. Good.

There was a bizzy on before who was a constable in South Yorkshire police in 1989. He's still in them but higher up and he said that the families of the 96 need to know what happened and that the documents need to released in full. Dunno how much of it was spin to try and make out that not all of them are a shower shit, but he sounded pretty genuine.

Listening to it now. That copper was a rookie at the time (only 2 yrs in the force). Was saying he used to be an engineer and he was saying maybe if they had torches they could've cut the railings. You can tell it effected him, maybe because he was young at the time.

They have handled it well.

Especially how it finished Kenny.

Never knew he wanted to quit the Christmas before he finally jacked it, also didn't know he had contracted shingles, a condition that can be brought on by stress.

Having seen an interview last night with Keys and Gray on LFCTV I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Keys spoke very well about Hillsborough as did Gray and it made me think that this show could actually do a lot of good and that the dribbling mongs that listen to those two on a regular occasion may actually learn something.

I'd also add that the more I hear from the police, the more I think they are planning to hang Duckenfield out to dry on this one. Good.

Duckenfield is the bloke that was in charge of the enquiry right.

The lady from HJC was saying just now that prior to Hillsborough he was on leave pending an investigation and was the same bloke in charge the put away the Birmigham Six! So why the hell would you give him the job if not to cover up incompetence. Think you are right, they are gonna hang it all on this bloke, he is dead now right?

She also said that she recieved a call from him telling her she wouldn't be let into sheffield (she was going to the coronors court), he told her not to bother.

What made him think he had the right to put the frightners on a civilian like that.

Edited by The Acolyte

Duckenfield is the bloke that was in charge of the enquiry right.

The lady from HJC was saying just now that prior to Hillsborough he was on leave pending an investigation and was the same bloke in charge the put away the Birmigham Six! So why the hell would you give him the job if not to cover up incompetence. Think you are right, they are gonna hang it all on this bloke, he is dead now right?

She also said that she recieved a call from him telling her she wouldn't be let into sheffield (she was going to the coronors court), he told her not to bother.

What made him think he had the right to put the frightners on a civilian like that.

No, Duckenfield was chief superintendent and in charge of the policing for the day. He was the one who ordered the opening of the gates, and then said the fans forced them.

slightly off topic, but i heard one chap (sent in a text or tweet i think) say that not a day goes by without him thinking about that day.

Thankfully, i have never experienced anything particularly tragic in my life (touch wood), and certainly nothing as horrific and haunting as that day, but i've heard many people say the same thing.

I genuinely (not trying to be clever or difficult) wonder whether this is a statement which is based on slight exaggeration and meaning "it affected me greatly and often comes to my mind for a variety of reasons" or whether people who were there or lost friends/family do genuinely have a cause to think about it or be affected by it every (or almost every) day?

i was there that day in fact when we 1st went into the pens we went near the front,but when we got in place i said to my mates that the view was shit so we moved further back.i don't really know what effect that day has had on me since, it is always in my thoughts one way or the other.one thing that has had thinking it effected some way more than i thought came on the build up to the 20th anniversary,its probably a trivial thing.anyway when i go to sleep of a night i always leave the tv on for some reason i don't know why and i never gave it thought until the build up to the 20th i was watching lfc tv and they had a programme on (i think it was called what hillsborough means to me) and various people talking about the day.one of the fans talking was neil fitzmaurice and one of the things he said one of the things he did after hillsborough was when he went to bed he left the tv on.maybe its just some sort of comfort thing i don't know.

I have been listening to this program this week. I found it very informative and the paaion from Beecroft was something. For someone not so close to this as you guys. I found myself getting very angry when they were discussing the accusations aimed at Liverpool fans. The program came over as another champion for justice for the 96. Justice for the 96 indeed.

On a side note. Enjoyed the chappie talking about Shanks and impersonating him :)

I'm just very cynical about anything involving shoutshite. Where were they when the fight for justice was going on? Now the records are in the process of being released, they want to jump all over it. Keys, who has said loads of disparaging things about us over the years, and Gray, the blue who couldn't hide his delight at our varying fortunes over the years.

Richard Keys is scum of the earth, and a couple of shows from Liverpool won't change that. Must be good golf at this time of year for him and his buddies/mates/good guys.

I understand many of you will just be thinking it's good that anyone is bringing attention to it, well they've had years to get involved, and a few months after shamefully losing their jobs, what better way to continue their rehabilitation as good men on the side of the little guys.

Adrian Durham, although being a cock, has actually spoken about justice before and has raised it on his shows, these cunts haven't.

Shoutshite doing these shows, makes no difference to the fight for justice. It's easy to jump on a bandwagon when it's going down hill, it's harder to try and push it up that same hill.

Adrian Durham, although being a cock, has actually spoken about justice before and has raised it on his shows, these cunts haven't.

Bring on the shouts of derision but I quite like Durham. He's talked about Hillsborough many, many times over the years and is vocally supportive of the cause.

Edit: If anyone digs up a link for the LFCTV interview could you stick it on here? Thanks.