You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pepe talked out of leaving by his wife in January

Randy Marsh

Sorry.

I must have missed all the posts where Purslow, Benitez, Uncle Tom Cobbly and all have been called cunts..

This has been done ad nauseum, both at the time, immediately afterwards and ever since.

I appreciate it's a year on since we got rid of Cancer and AIDS, but I fail to see how the same people making the same arguments about the same points is either going to a) change anyone's standpoint or b) change the outcome.

We are where we are. They've all gone - we all need to get over it.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Benitez was looking out for himself and he obviously felt what was good for him would be ultimately good for the club.

Now, you can get caught up in trivialities discussing Benitez's dastardly intentions or step back, see the bigger picture and realise that when the businessmen start to take the piss then we, as fans, have a responsibility to do our bit for our club.

Prior to Broughton being appointed.

Again that is another sobering thought. Remember when Hicks tried to bring his other son to the board Mack was it and some woman can't remember her name now to replace Purslow and Ayre.

What would have been the consequences had he done it before Broughtons arrival I dread to think. Could he have done that then? Would there have been anything to stop him?

Think that was when Broughton was at the club John as he blocked Hicks removing Purslow and Ayre from the board as only he had the power to appoint or remove directors.

Had Hicks got his way then i dread to think of what terms he would have agreed to to get the money to pay RBS and remain in control of the club.

Think that was when Broughton was at the club John as he blocked Hicks removing Purslow and Ayre from the board as only he had the power to appoint or remove directors.

Had Hicks got his way then i dread to think of what terms he would have agreed to to get the money to pay RBS and remain in control of the club.

Would Hicks have been able to do that without any objections before Broughtons arrival though mate?

Broughton came in the March/April didn't he? If Hicks had fucked Purslow and Ayre off the board before that for his other son and the woman who he tried to replace them with last October was there anything to stop him doing that then before Broughton?

Im sure people like Mick (Dougie Do'ins) will remember his day in the courtroom for the rest of his life and the memories of that will live just as vivid as our Champions League win.
Best day ever following this club for me bar none. I phoned the lad I went down there with yesterday. I wanted to go down to to London on Thursday just to retrace our steps, but the fucking bender is going away that day. I can still picture that fucking clock like it were yesterday.

Read the first ten pages of this (http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/95762-high-court-date-time.html) last night. Compelling stuff. Going to read the rest of it over the course of the week.

Liverpool's Pepe Reina: Our main objective is to return to the Champions League

Goalkeeper reveals that finishing in fourth or higher is the Anfield club's this term and insisted that he understands the importance of Saturday's fixture with Manchester United

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has revealed that the club's ambition this season is to seal a spot in the Champions League by finishing in the top four but hasn't ruled out the possibility of his side challening for the title if it reaches its peak.

"The objective is to keep improving," Reina said during a live webchat on Eurosport.com. "If we peak well we can claim a major title. The main objective though is to return to the Champions League - so the Premier League is the priority.

The Anfield club have failed to qualify for the competition in the past two years, but following its rise under the leadership of Kenny Dalglish, the Spanish 'keeper is happy at the club and wants more success on Merseyside.

"The supporters are dreaming of success, but it is a new project with renewed ambition," he continued. "We have the best support in the world, they are always with us. It is too soon to predict the title - we are in a transition phase, rebuilding, and we hope to be back with the favourites soon.

"I have said it many times, but I am happy at Liverpool. I cannot yet see a time when I would return to Spain."

Reina also commented on the differences between his three bosses at Liverpool, Rafa Benitez, Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish, as well as the importance of the upcoming match with Manchester United.

"The three of them have had successful careers, but with differences. Rafa likes to work on organization and squeezing the maximum out of everything; Roy prefers to coach defensive order; Kenny likes to give players freedom and magic. Each one has good things that we learn from.

"The match against United is a really important moment for both sides in the season, it marks the calendar. We have a duty to give everything to try and win, and we know the importance of this match to the fans."

Liverpool's Pepe Reina: Our main objective is to return to the Champions League - Goal.com

Would Hicks have been able to do that without any objections before Broughtons arrival though mate?

Broughton came in the March/April didn't he? If Hicks had fucked Purslow and Ayre off the board before that for his other son and the woman who he tried to replace them with last October was there anything to stop him doing that then before Broughton?

Depends on what was written in the contract when Hicks and Gillett bought the club.

I know at one point the board was evenly split between Hicks and Gillett so you would have to imagine Gillett would have had to agree to Hicks doing things his own way.

When Broughton arrived it was written into the agreement that only he could make changes to the board room.

RBS and Broughton had every base covered.

Again that is another sobering thought. Remember when Hicks tried to bring his other son to the board Mack was it and some woman can't remember her name now to replace Purslow and Ayre.

What would have been the consequences had he done it before Broughtons arrival I dread to think. Could he have done that then? Would there have been anything to stop him?

Lori McCutcheon.

mork.jpg

So what did he do wrong apart from taking part in the appointment of a manager not good enough to manage us?

I was one of the most vocal against the appointment of Hodgson, but I dont think Purslow is a cunt for appointing him as I can see how you could be swayed into thinking he would be a decent option for us and considering we were going to get new owners who might wanted to get their own man in he was also a good option in that regard.

Is he a cunt becauas he sacked Rafa?

Is he a cunt because he played Rafa at his own game?

Is he a cunt because he did not bow down to Rafa?

Is he a cunt because he let Dalglish be a major part in our search for a new manager?

Is he a cunt because he helped us got rid of our cunt owners?

Is he a cunt because he tried to protect the clubs best assets?

Is he a cunt because as a MD he acted as a MD?

Is he a cunt because he was not played by SOR but instead played them?

Is he a cunt because ill informed people thought he was the yanks whipping boy?

etc, etc..

Nanu Nanu

Good point coop makes about Mill Financial. I shudder when I hear or see the words if I'm honest.

They were owed millions on Gillett's loans when he defaulted on them. If they had somehow gotten their hands on the club I dread to think where we would have been now to be honest as coop says. They would have taken control and in turn possibly have turned it over to some chancer like Huang.

That was the rumour. That he was waiting in the backround.

Where i do think this thread fails is when any poster tries to paint Purslow as anything other then a financial puppet put there by RBS to get their money.

Also the same for Rafa in regards anyone who says he was not looking out for himself are also sadly mistaken.

Two interesting points.

There is no evidence to suggest that Purslow was on RBS’s payroll. I think there is much evidence to suggest that he was there as someone in whom RBS “had confidence” in. That he was a fan made things worse, not better – as he played Football Manager, for real. The lack of football knowledge back then at Board level was frightening. Worryingly, it is not much better now, although the overall upgrade in good practise is clear.

I believe that you are right to question Rafa’s actions in the summer when he secured a new five year deal. That deal was far superior to anything that he could of got anywhere else, he swapped his expertise for a pot of gold. In retrospect it is not hard to see why Purslow/G&H were so pissed off that a man who had entered into a fabulously generous deal to serve them then turned on them as soon as the ink was dry. Rafa knew by then exactly what G&H were like, it was a pact with the devil.

It is possible that Rafa thought that he would easily outlast G&H. But if so, why did he not simply keep his head down in that final year? G&H thought that they had bought stability with the deal. It was Rafa who rocked the boat- not them.

If Rafa had not pressed for a new contract at the time of maximum personal advantage (2nd place) and had instead said that he would see out his existing one, and judge the owners on their actions , not words, the G&H regime might have finished earlier.

Carra and Stevie never spoke out because they were brought up to believe that Liverpool football club is a place of honour and fucking dignity and getting into public slanging matches with ANYBODY is quite simply not The Liverpool Way, that and the fact we were fucking woeful on the pitch and the 7th in the league, that was NOT the owners fault. Say what you want about Carra but he would not for one minute try to shy away from any responsibility for his own failing or do anything that would for one minute suggest that. As far as memory serves Reina said very little and when he did speak out and I was of the opinion it was very much in his own interest to display how unhappy he was at the club at that time.

Carra and Stevie never spoke out because they were brought up to believe that Liverpool football club is a place of honour and fucking dignity and getting into public slanging matches with ANYBODY is quite simply not The Liverpool Way, that and the fact we were fucking woeful on the pitch and the 7th in the league, that was NOT the owners fault. Say what you want about Carra but he would not for one minute try to shy away from any responsibility for his own failing or do anything that would for one minute suggest that. As far as memory serves Reina said very little and when he did speak out and I was of the opinion it was very much in his own interest to display how unhappy he was at the club at that time.

All this "not the Liverpool way" shite pisses me off when in the context of the G&H era. What good would the Liverpool Way have been if we got put into administration? Should SOS and other groups have not protested because it's not TLW? We were fighting for the future existence of the football club - so how is sitting back and saying/doing nothing, or just blaming the manager (which is what the majority did in reality) the Liverpool Way? It's bullshit. It all turned out okay in the end, thank fuck, but no thanks to the apathy of so many.

The fact is only the players themselves (and Kenny as well) can tell you why they did or didn't speak out against the last owners. They would have had their reasons, but we don't know what they were.

Do people who criticise Carra & Stevie mockingly calling them the "Scouse Heartbeat" amongst other things etc have the same issues with Kenny Dalglish then considering he took a job under the H&G regime, if that really is their issue with Carra & Stevie in any case?

If it was or is their only issue with those players then why haven't they slaughtered Kenny for the same?

More to the point lots of people owe David Maddock who was absolutely slaughtered last November when he wrote an article saying he wanted to leave an apology.

It was so blindingly obvious that he wanted to leave (he practically admitted it in one interview) that I could never figure out why people claimed otherwise. It was very odd.