You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can this still be a good season?

BestRed69

Wish we could ditch that home strip. I relate it to the Hodgson era and it carries a bad vibe.

We'll get over today and challenge for fourth. Started crap, ended with 9 men. Pepe's spill and Enrique being turned by Defoe were aberrations. This could have been 2-0 with 9 men sans those errors. While I'm on the subject of bad vibes, I agree too that there's something always seems to go wrong at Spurs away.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. 33 games left to go.

I don't want our players to spend all their energy moaning to the officials, that's the last thing we need when we're in a rut. He needs to shut the fuck up and play football.

There's times when I would wished you would shut up.

To be fair you are far from being on your own though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't want our players to spend all their energy moaning to the officials, that's the last thing we need when we're in a rut. He needs to shut the fuck up and play football.

Suarez is the least of our worries.

Wish we could ditch that home strip. I relate it to the Hodgson era and it carries a bad vibe.

We'll get over today and challenge for fourth. Started crap, ended with 9 men. Pepe's spill and Enrique being turned by Defoe were aberrations. This could have been 2-0 with 9 men sans those errors. While I'm on the subject of bad vibes, I agree too that there's something always seems to go wrong at Spurs away.

Are you taking the piss? This could have been 2-0 Spurs inside the first 5 minutes. And with decent finishing and Spurs keeping the pace up for 90m it would probably have gone to 6 or 7.

Are you taking the piss? This could have been 2-0 Spurs inside the first 5 minutes. And with decent finishing and Spurs keeping the pace up for 90m it would probably have gone to 6 or 7.

Mate - it wasn't 2-0 in the first 5 and Spurs did not score 6 or 7. If we had cut out these errors it would still have been a loss - just not as bad. Sorry, but I can't do with the hissyfit stuff some are offering on here.

Next 6 games excluding the Mancs are very winnable.

We cut out the shite, get our fucking heads right, drop 1 or 2 liabilites.

And We stand a very chance of raking up alot of points and getting ourselves back on track.

Its up to everyone involved, management and players to make the right decisions.

SD has a point there. Suarez was continually moaning at the officials today when he should have been digging deeper and helping the team out. His constant gesticulating at fellow team mates whenthe ball doesn't go where he wants it is starting to get at me too. He is a world class player but he needs to cut that shit out and get on with it.

Suarez is an arsehole. Sorry, it's true. I said it before he came here and I stick by it. I'm glad he's here becuase he's easily our best player but I am pretty sure he'll be looking to fuck off if we don't do anything

I would be more than happy if we were to get Champions league and the F.A cup. There is still plenty to play for. Give Kenny some time and he'll do the business. He did it last season and we have looked really good at times this one. Consistency will come but patience is needed right now.

It's difficult to be positive on a day after today (especially after the Manc Scum won again).

Losing to Spurs 4-0 is a true embarassment, although they didn't score their three other goals till we had nine men. Okay, not much of a consolation I know.

Against Wolves, I want to see Gerrard, Lucas, Downing and Kuyt in midfield. I want Bellamy and Suarez up front. As for defence, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher and Enrique. As ever, Reina in goals.

It's gonna be a real test of character, but surely we will win the next two games [brighton, Wolves]?!

Guest ShoePiss
Personally I think we're very, very shit. Nothing would give me greater pleasure to be proved completely wrong but I don't think I will be. There's just nothing there.

If you really want to be proved wrong be more specific. Do you think we'll finish outside the top 4 and have no silverware at the end of the season?

Guest ShoePiss
We had a better first team in May than now.

Out

Paul Konchesky

Chris Mavinga

Thomas Ince

Milan Jovanovic

Daniel Ayala

Nabil El Zhar

Sotirios Kyrgiakos

Emiliano Insúa

Christian Poulsen

Raul Meireles

David N'Gog

Philipp Degen

In

Jordan Henderson

Charlie Adam

Alexander Doni

Stewart Downing

Jose Enrique

Sebastian Coates

Craig Bellamy

Is it because we sold Poulsen?

I think he means a better starting XI.

And he's kind of right. It's not that the squad is weaker, because it's alot better than it was in May, but Kenny's selections just do not seem to be on merit. Was Kuyt really no better striker for us last season than Carroll is? Was Maxi not better than Henderson? And I think Meireles is better than Adam.

Said it today already, we need to be ruthless. Make the right selections and our XI against Wolves will be miles better than anything we fielded last season.

Worst performance for a while but some of the reactions on here are laughable.

I remember spells under Souness, Houllier and Benitez when we played like we did today for weeks on end.

There are, no doubt, some serious concerns: 4-4-2 with that centre-midfield will not work, Carroll is a big worry, the lack of discipline today was worrying to say the least.

BUT we are still two points off than in the same fixtures last season, if we beat Wolves it will be 5.

VERY early days so just chill.

Worst performance for a while but some of the reactions on here are laughable.

I remember spells under Souness, Houllier and Benitez when we played like we did today for weeks on end.

There are, no doubt, some serious concerns: 4-4-2 with that centre-midfield will not work, Carroll is a big worry, the lack of discipline today was worrying to say the least.

BUT we are still two points off than in the same fixtures last season, if we beat Wolves it will be 5.

VERY early days so just chill.

You're spot on it is early days. I do have concerns though and it is the 442 with Lucas and Adam in the middle, year after year no matter who is in charge we see a stubbornness set in from managers even though something clearly isn't working they will persist and persist and cling to the few times it does pay off. I'm just praying we don't follow familiar patterns, it does feel like we have been stuck in a shitloop since 91 of hope realisation and despair on a weekly basis. Alongside the mancs its like god is fucking taunting me. All of us must feel it FFS same old same old.