You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I rate him higher than Allen, i think if he keeps on progressing and gets his head down in training, he'll end up having a very good career. We need to be patient with him though, he's could be one of the best midfielders in the premier league by the time he's 27-28. He's underrated.

I rate him higher than Allen' date=' i think if he keeps on progressing and gets his head down in training, he'll end up having a very good career. We need to be patient with him though, he's could be one of the best midfielders in the premier league by the time he's 27-28. He's underrated.[/quote']

He's twice the player Allen is.

He's twice the player Allen is.

Henderson is a better player and i'm sure he'll have a better career. Allen's an enigma, he's naturally a defensive midfielder. If you watch Allen at the start of the season, he'd constantly be moving into space to allow Reina to pass the ball out to him, he's good at relieving pressure by giving the defenders an outlet for the pass and he's excellent at distributing the ball on the floor.

Problem is he's far too small to be a defensive mid so his diminutiveness forces Rodgers to see him as an attacking midfielder, when he doesn't have the natural flair / vision to play there. So ultimately he's like a half way house player, half the time defending half the time attacking and neither with conviction.

Him and Lucas cancel each other out, whereas Henderson offers something different.

Guest San Don

Made up for Henderson. The lad is improving, it would have been a travesty if he'd be sold as the makeweight to bring dempsey here.

He has to show continual improvement though and, if he's still here next season, Im sure he will.

Everyone expects players to hit the ground running but, he's still a young lad and sometimes it doesnt happen straight away.

so can we take his transfer fee (or at least some of it) out of the whole "100 million wasted" BS.

While we're at it how about Enrique? Seems well established now so I'd that money was well spent.

Really interesting to see what will happen when Allen is healthy, can't see Rodgers just leaving him on the bench yet is would be wrong to replace Henderson with him.

Guest San Don
Really interesting to see what will happen when Allen is healthy, can't see Rodgers just leaving him on the bench yet is would be wrong to replace Henderson with him.

Hasnt stopped him before.

The lad has gone and turned his career around here, last season he was a square peg in a round hole, it was clear he had some talent and decent technical ability but I was nearly certain he wasn't going to cut it here. This years been a completely different story, adds so much energy and goals which have been sorely missing from our midfield for a few seasons, well in Hendo lad.

The 4th goal I think it was is incredible play by him

Runs 30 yards to tackle and win the ball in the centre midfield passes to Gerrard,then runs another 30 yards to receive a long lofted ball from the player he has just passed it to,gets his head up and finds Sturridge.Class attitude.

Was brilliant today and has been all season.

so can we take his transfer fee (or at least some of it) out of the whole "100 million wasted" BS.

While we're at it how about Enrique? Seems well established now so I'd that money was well spent.

The £100m figure hasn't been thrown around quite so much lately, I've noticed. Funny that.

Not since Rodgers turned them all around, no.

Rodgers hasn't turned Henderson round, far from it.

Henderson gets all the credit for his performances this season. Rodgers tried to sell him and has picked Allen over him plenty of times this season unjustly.

Hopefully he has realised Henderson should be a keeper.

Edit, just saw your second post.

Rodgers hasn't turned Henderson round, far from it.

Henderson gets all the credit for his performances this season. Rodgers tried to sell him and has picked Allen over him plenty of times this season unjustly.

Hopefully he has realised Henderson should be a keeper.

Edit, just saw your second post.

Well, he wasn't very good before we got Brendan and now he's pretty good. So I'd say Rodgers does deserve credit.

Well, he wasn't very good before we got Brendan and now he's pretty good. So I'd say Rodgers does deserve credit.

Yeah I disagree, I thought Henderson showed a lot of promise last season and said so.

Rodgers gets credit for Downing, as he has got him playing better. I think he has treated Henderson badly. He has got Enrique playing well, but Enrique showed us plenty of times last season he was a good player.

I know.

They could equally have improved under Kenny - players can improve under the same manager after a poor first season. Yes Joe, I'm looking at you.

They definitely could have, the owners never gave him the chance sadly. The worry I had with the King was that he never seemed to have a definitive idea of how he wanted us to play, and although Rodgers might be dogmatic in his approach, at least he seems to know what he wants.

Yeah I disagree, I thought Henderson showed a lot of promise last season and said so.

Rodgers gets credit for Downing, as he has got him playing better. I think he has treated Henderson badly. He has got Enrique playing well, but Enrique showed us plenty of times last season he was a good player.

Disagree all you like, I didn't criticise Henderson last season because he was a youngster coming into a difficult situation at a huge club and suffered from confidence and form issues*, but he was pretty poor for the most part. He's playing well this season, he deserves credit for upping his performances and so does Rodgers.

*Similar to Allen, really. Funny, that.

They definitely could have, the owners never gave him the chance sadly. The worry I had with the King was that he never seemed to have a definitive idea of how he wanted us to play, and although Rodgers might be dogmatic in his approach, at least he seems to know what he wants.

Yeah, that's definitely a plus point for him, and I mentioned earlier in the season when I said FSG shouldn't be scared to back him with proper money.

I wish we could hear Kenny's honest views on what he thought went wrong and how he planned to fix it. Same for Rafa as well for that matter. I'd love to know to what extent good managers realise they're needlessly overcomplicating things.