You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They're just scan artifacts down to the camera on my phone being a bit shit in that respect.

Just like the tooth fairy, Santa, Jesus and Kylie Minogue they don't really exist.

Your telling me angels (Kylie) don't exist.

Tempted to download an Amiga emulator and play that CM. Is that the one with Fowler and Collis at Cambridge and they are the best in the game?

Your telling me angels (Kylie) don't exist.

Tempted to download an Amiga emulator and play that CM. Is that the one with Fowler and Collis at Cambridge and they are the best in the game?

The one with Mark Collis and Ferrah Orosco was 93/94 End of Season Edition. Endless hours of my childhood spent on that.

just loaded my Portsmouth game for first time since last update, 3rd in League One with 12 points after 5 games, 4 wins and 1 loss and beat Premier League West Ham in carling cup

squad

Stephen Henderson- keeper there from start, did okay last season with not a great defence in front of him

Gunnar Nielsen- just signed as cheap back up, won't last long once I have more free wage money

Greg Halford- championship standard right back, on big wages but worth keeping to try get back there

Reece Brown- young kid from Man U signed on a free, looks decent cover across the defence

Mark Howard- centre back signed from AGF, seems very good so far

Jason Pearce- one of the survivers from the start, captain and star centre back

Sam Magri- 18 year old centre back from youths, played 20 games last season and looks promising

Alex Grant- young centre back who played a couple of times last season

Federico Bessone- left back signed from Swansea, looks very good so far

Mike Williams- left back signed from Kidderminster, solid enough back up

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing- right winger on loan from Wolves, skillfull and a decent crosser

Joel Ward- mainly a right winger but can cover right back and centre half too, had a decent season last time but replaced by Mendez Laing in starting XI

Scott Allan- centre mid on loan from West Brom, playing him as a deep lying playmaker, looks far too good for this league

David Norris- surviver from original team, again big wages but worth it as a key centre mid

Brian Howard- centre mid signed from Reading, lacks fitness but a good option of the bench

Lewis Stockford- midfielder from youth team, played 16 games last season and did okay

Matt Sparrow- player from Brighton signed to cover all across midfield, good option to have

Thomas Carroll- midfielder signed on loan from Spurs, probably better in centre but doing a good job on left

Gerardo Bruna- signed as cover for left wing from Blackpool with the hope that he develops

Luke Varney- decent striker, would like more goals from him but is always a threat and creates a few

Ashley Harris- striker whos best position is in the hole but I don't tend to use that position, played a lot last year without scoring but looks promising

Nwankwo Kanu- Trying to get rid off him as he is on big wages and doesn't do a right lot but wants to end his career at the club

Marko Futacs- target man missed a lot of last year with injury but looks quality so far, could just do with a poacher to partner him

Ryan Taylor- striker signed from Bristol City, mainly on the bench so far and not made much impact yet

happy with my squad and confident of promotion but do think I need a prolific goalscorer

• 2 weeks later...
Bit of a weird one this, but I was reminded of it before when I had a game on the go:

Does anybody know why the hell Oliver Kahn is down as 'Jens Mustermann' on the game? He's been known as that on it for God knows how long now!

I used to just either change it on the editor or set his nickname to Oliver Kahn on it, I think he also used to have a different name on LMA manager back in the day

• 3 weeks later...

Got bored with Gladbach.

7 league titles, 4 German cups, 5 German Super Cups, a UEFA super cup, a Club World Championship and 2 Champions Leagues in ten years will do that to you. Resigned as manager and got replaced with Mourinho.

Didn't really get offered anything interesting job wise to jibbed it off to start again.

Going to try a Pompey and Blyth double. Got a soft spot for Pompey having lived down there and used to manage them quite a bit in earlier versions and Blyth are my local team, probably my last chance to manage them in game as we got relegated out of the Blue Square North this season. 1st time the club has ever been relegated in it's history!

I fear I have made a grave error already. In a desperate attempt to offload as many players as possible to allow me to at least get a few players in on frees I released all of the youth players except Sam Magri and Adam Webster and managed to offload the likes of Tal Ben Haim and his 30 odd grand a week wages.

We've been taken over by a Bulgarian and although I am now under wage budget cannot actually offer anyone a contract as it is only allowing me to offer £90 a week to any players. I've only been able to register 14 players for the Championship as that is all I have left and bar getting four players in on loan if they don't allow me to pay some people wages we are going into the season with those 14.

League one here we come. Would have been better off trying to keep the other players and letting the club suffer financially.

I started a network game with a friend about two weeks ago, yesterday we finally got around to our second session... We both chose teams from the German 3rd Division, I'm managing Babelsberg, small team from Berlin. Was full of crap players and staff so I had to wield the axe on both fronts there. Was able to pick up a couple of unsigned talents from international youth squads. Of course I have no transfer budget whatsoever. We ar still in the pre-season shenanigans and I am trying to establish a deep 4-2-3-1.

My star striker is giving me a bit of a headache, though. He has the highest wage and his contract expires next summer. So this is my final chance to cash in on him, but no one seems to want him. I would like to keep him as he seems an ace target-man but his salary is destroying my wage structure.

Shortly before finishing yesterday I noticed Liverpool had set Adorjan to not needed, asking price of 50k €. All I could offer was squat but sometimes they still accept. He would fit nicely into the AMF role, I think.

Picked this up for a fiver the other day so I got a summer of FM12. Started unemployed and got offered the GB job for the olympics, which I won. Gerrard was captain and Welbeck just destroyed teams on his own.

Then I was unemployed again and shortly after the second season I was given the job at Valencia. They were 7th and not in europe or anything. Signed Sturridge on a free and a promising spanish right back, saw some immense players in the youth team so called them up as well. Also took a punt on getting Carroll in on loan. He scored a hattrick on his debut, I thought "well, big Andy is gonna be on fire for me."

The next game he scored was the last game of the season...

We ended up 2nd, 6 points behind Barca. Who scored 143 goals. The young players are getting stronger every day and I have now signed Balotelli on loan this season.

Me and the bro started a "Bottom at Christmas challenge" game. He chose Blackburn and I Sunderland. I was on 8 points and him 11.

Having not played the series in a long time it took some getting used to with the whole HT team talks, team meetings and such and I ended up getting relegated with 27 points. Only scoring 11 goals in the process. I had a lot of injuries, with Cattermole and Bendtner both suffering season-ending injures, so I signed up Kevin Phillips and Crespo. I don't know why I did it, but it ended up been a disaster. Bar 2 goals in his first 2 games, Crespo was dire and I gave up on him buy March. Phillips scored none and was in the reserves much sooner. Campbell, Wickham and Dong-Won scored about 5 goals between them.

I also bought in Spearing for 1.2 and Assunção for free. Both were also disasters. And I bought Formica from my brother for 3 million and here wasn't much better. All in all the season was a disaster, but rebuilding for the Championship has already begun with Gordon off on a free, O'Shea leaving for Spurs for 8 million over 18 months and Michael Turner heading to Fulham for 4.5.

Liverpool are sniffing around Gyan so I've slapped 15 million asking price on him and I'm also looking to ship off Cattermole, Brown and possibly Richardson, Gardner, Sessègnon and Larsson depending on fees.

I bought some young Hungarian CB from Newcastle for the bench for free and that's it for my Summer business so far. I need a ST or 2, LB, CB and DM. If I sell players, I should easily have 25-30 million to play with. I was already given 6.5.

My brother was also relegated on 34 points. He faired a lot better, picking up wins and scaring for fun. No Robinson due to injury or Yakubu due to the ACN cost him. He should have stayed up. He is skint, but the owner is looking to step aside and he just bought Jordan Rhodes who will probably bang them in this season. He has people sniffing around his big names and tied them all down to contract so he will hopefully have cash to spend too and we will both rebuild and push for promotion.

7 games into the Championship, I have won 6, drawn 1 and the brother has won 4, drew 1 and lost 2.

He had to sell Rochina, Yakubu, Olsson and Hoilett because he had zero funds again despite a takeover. Despite having decent money after selling them, none of the players he had bids accepted for, bar Jordan Rhodes, Wickham (loaned from me) Elokobi (loan) and Bentley (free) would join him. Not sure if it is a bug or what, but even players in the championship didn't want in. Robinson and Givet getting 4 month injuries haven't helped his cause. I think he will struggle to make the play-offs.

I on the other hand should walk the league. I managed to hang on to everyone I wanted bar Gordon and sold Gardner and Vaughan for 4 million a piece. I bought in Anichebe, Kadar, some young LB called McGowen and a few youngsters with promise. I convinced Gyan to stay and while his finishing his wasteful, him and Anichebe are running riot and Campbell from the bench with his pace is serving me very well.

Promotion should be easily attainable and as I've spent little and barely touched my 9 million budget, I am good for the future, though I will need a new defence soon.

currently using Burnley, had a shit start and was hanging around lower mid table for a while than had a couple of really big unbeaten runs and ended up in 2nd 1 point ahead of West Ham going into the last game of the season against you guessed it West Ham

lost that 2-0 and got Reading in the play offs, loanee Fitz Hall got sent off but managed to hold out the whole game then nicked a late winner, second leg Hall's replacement Amougou got sent off early on again but game finished 0-0 so went through to final which was against Southampton and got bummed against them for the 3rd time that season 4-1 this time

team most of the time was

--------Grant-----------

Trippier--Duff--Edgar--Mee

Stanislas--James--Mccann--Wallace

-------Austin/Paterson--Rodriguez---

all at the club to begin with aside from James who I signed on loan from Scumchester United, also signed Nick Powell for 600k but had him in the youth/reserves most of the time but he did make about 15 appearances for 1st time when injuries struck and looked good, Gary Martin an English striker with a decent record from an Icelandic time for 85k, loaned him straight to feeder club Crewe, don't reckon he'll make it for me but should make a small profit, signed Jaime Peters from Ipswich as cover on loan around November then made it permanent for 18k in January, poor technically but not let me down yet covering for right back and right wing then got Hall on loan when Duff got a bad injury ruling him out for the season

so far in the summer, planning to get rid of Jensen, Amougou and Carlisle when their contracts are up, agreed to let Danny Lafferty go on a free and sold Keith Treacy to Sunderland for 650k and signed Shaun Maloney to compete with Wallace and Stanislas for wing spots and Jamie Mackie to play upfront with Rodriguez as neither Austin or Paterson were consistantly good, both just having good spells now and then, planning on playing Powell more this season and need a new keeper to replace Jensen on the bench and a couple of centre halves as Duff is getting on and Amougou is leaving, tried to get Hall permanently but his wage demands were ridiculous, also got James coming in permanently

7 games into the Championship, I have won 6, drawn 1 and the brother has won 4, drew 1 and lost 2.

He had to sell Rochina, Yakubu, Olsson and Hoilett because he had zero funds again despite a takeover. Despite having decent money after selling them, none of the players he had bids accepted for, bar Jordan Rhodes, Wickham (loaned from me) Elokobi (loan) and Bentley (free) would join him. Not sure if it is a bug or what, but even players in the championship didn't want in. Robinson and Givet getting 4 month injuries haven't helped his cause. I think he will struggle to make the play-offs.

I on the other hand should walk the league. I managed to hang on to everyone I wanted bar Gordon and sold Gardner and Vaughan for 4 million a piece. I bought in Anichebe, Kadar, some young LB called McGowen and a few youngsters with promise. I convinced Gyan to stay and while his finishing his wasteful, him and Anichebe are running riot and Campbell from the bench with his pace is serving me very well.

Promotion should be easily attainable and as I've spent little and barely touched my 9 million budget, I am good for the future, though I will need a new defence soon.

Well the season is over and neither of us got promoted. We both made the play-offs mind, but I was out in the semis and him in the final.

Winning the league cup was probably my downfall. The players heads seemed to have turned and they stopped performing in the league. I missed out on automatic promotion on goal difference. I lost 4-1 in the first leg of my play-off match against Bristol fucking City with them going 3-0 in 11 minutes and I could only score 2 back at my place. My brother beat Cardiff 7-4 over two legs and then lost 1-0 in the final.

Newcastle, West Ham and Swansea came down and our squads are probably going to get a whole lot weaker, so I think we will struggle again. God knows how I'll cope if I get into the group stages of the Europa league.

I need a more experienced keeper, probably a centre back as Bramble, Turner or Brown could leave. I also need a centre midfielder because while Formica has improved scoring 14 goals, he is more of a luxury player and there were times when I should have gone with a bit more fight in mid-field. Probably going to need another 2 strikers too as Gyan will probably go and Anichbe and Campbell, Wickham and Dong-Won waste chance after chance. They scored probably 30+ goals between them, but the chances they missed were insane.

God knows how my brother will cope. He's in the red, his strikers don't score, his bench is full of youth and his few remaining stars want out. We both got new contracts, but I think he will end up with the sack. I have my fingers crossed some one will get the sack or retire and I get offered a job in the PL, but for now, it's another long hard season in the championship (and possibly Europe)

btw, Reading signed that little cunt Owen and it was his goals that got them promoted. Me and my brother both could have had him but after I bought Hargreaves and he couldn't hack a full game without coming off tired or injured, we thought better of it. Even more reason to hate him.

I finally managed to play through my very first full season on this.

I always have a Liverpool game, and in this first season I managed to guide us to a League cup victory and 3rd place in the league. Missed out on second place on goal difference after losing my final game 2-1, while Spurs managed to pull out a 3-1 win to create the 1 goal difference between us. Predictably, Spurs got their 2nd and 3rd goals in the dying minutes of their game, just after I had conceded my second...

I was hammered with injuries throughout the campaign, losing Gerrard on 2 further occasions after his recovery from the injury he starts the game with. I also lost James Rodriguez with a broken leg for 5 months courtesy of Andy Carroll in training, he's since regained fitness, played a couple of games at the end of the season before having his foot broken in training by none other than, you've guessed it, Andy Carroll...

The amount of niggling injuries is unreal. I'll play a game and I can guarantee that I'll lose someone to an injury during the game, normally after I've made at least 2 subs.

Downing was aces throughout the season, I need a clone of him for the right hand side now though!

Played 2 league games of the second season and am sat top with 6 points and no goals conceded. Everyone else has been splashing cash like there's no tomorrow, where as I've had to scrimp and save to get the club out of the red. The shite have spent £30m+ on new signings, though they did sell Fellaini to Chelsea and Baines to Arsenal for close on £40m combined. Been trying my best to offload Dirk and Aquilani, but have had no takers. If I can shift them, then that'll be another £150k-160k per week off the wage bill.

Youth wins. Won the title 2 years in a row now with Valencia. Won the first with 97 points, only managed to win that on head to head with Barca after beating them home and away. Second season coasted the league with Hendo on loan on my right wing supplying all sorts of assists for the Spanish Robbie Fowler who I brought up from my youth side. Won the title with 4 games left and then played the u19 side for the rest of the season.

started a game with Inter today, signed Moussa Sissoko (10m), Affelay(1.7m), Tello (1.3m) and then got Balotelli on loan, not sold anyone yet but looking to phase the older ones out, need to find some gems in the youth time as I struggled to make a the homegrown contingent for Champions League registration whilst including all the lads I wanted in so can't just buy players to replace older ones, top of the league just going into november, Udinese looking most likely to put up a title challenge, Milan, Juve, Roma and Napoli all been poor so far

Started a game with AFC Liverpool went into the data editor and promoted them to blue square premier give them a decent enough rep and bit of cash nothing mad just half a million.

It's deadly to even get a team together for the start of the season every player I scout my scout says I should buy at whatever the price