You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cometh the hour, commeth the Dirk...

1892-LFCWasBorn

FUCK ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE SOMETHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT KUYT.....

Just because he is not a Ronaldo, a Messi, a Kaka, a Fabregas, just because he has no pace, just because he is not natural gifted and just because he cant do a step over......it doesnt mean that he is not a bonafide legend.

9 out of 10 times he will play his heart out and it doesnt matter that he lose the ball half times, what matters is his desire, passion and grit will shine through 100 % of the times.

Make your eyes bleed when you watch him does he??

A frustrating player??

Clearly most of you dont know that football is not all about pretty stepovers and lighting pace...its also about who wants it more.

Kuyt will lose ball and chase you to hell and back to retrieve it...thats what counts and goal like today will underline that fact....

Never give up...and you will get your just rewards...

Kuyt is one of a kind and I dare anyone on this forum to say that Kenny should sell him in the summer, because you know what...the King sees what Kuyt is all about..

Just because he is not a Ronaldo, a Messi, a Kaka, a Fabregas, just because he has no pace, just because he is not natural gifted and just because he cant do a step over......it doesnt mean that he is not a bonafide legend.

9 out of 10 times he will play his heart out and it doesnt matter that he lose the ball half times, what matters is his desire, passion and grit will shine through 100 % of the times.

A frustrating player??

Clearly most of you dont know that football is not all about pretty stepovers and lighting pace...its also about who wants it more.

Kuyt will lose ball and chase you to hell and back to retrieve it...thats what counts and goal like today will underline that fact....

Kuyt is one of a kind and I dare anyone on this forum to say that Kenny should sell him in the summer, because you know what...the King sees what Kuyt is all about..

I don't know whether is a joke or not?? Either way both ways of putting it make sense.. Haaa I like your style whatever it is..

I've got tobe honest I love Dirk for his effort and dedication and he has scored some important goals for us no doubt. Legend, his work rate and effort is legendary - ill give him that.

But lets be hones he's been dire this season, and was awful in this game before he scored (although he did improve in the 2nd half). I've been watching closely, and have to say it does not make pretty viewing. Nearly all our attacks break down when hw gets the ball. To offer such a limited player a new 3 year contact at 80k a week would be criminal in my opinion.

A frustrating player??

lol yes it is sometimes painful watching him give up the ball, not be able to run at players, or shoot from outside the box. if you read the end of my sentence it said "he gives everything on the field".

He is limited technically, but he's a proper Liverpool player in every other regard.

spot on. and in our best years we had some players who were limited technically. the lad works hard, seems to be a good professional off the pitch and comes up with vital goals on a regular basis. we have many problems at LFC, but dirk isn't one of them.

Legend ?!

Fuckin Hell, some people are very easily pleased.

As ever, Kuyt put in a tremendous shift, but lets be honest, along with most of the others, he had a very poor game.

Still scored the winner though, credit is due for that.

Depends on whether you just count the times he touched the ball as his game though. It is never just about that with Dirk. I know people will say anyone can run around for 90 minutes and of course they can but it's knowing when and where to run that sets some players apart in that.

It was scary the amount of times he spun into an area behind the full back in the second half. It lead to most of the chances we actually created and helped us put Sparta on the back foot.

Dirk is ace. He has played a bit poo this season but still is important. He would head a car if it helped the cause. People are maybe too quick to praise him, but I think it is due to the number who slag him. Of course we could do better, but he is way way down on the list of players to replace.

A frustrating player??

I wouldn't worry about the negative comments re: kuyt; his role has been identical under ALL THREE of his managers at liverpool. not only does kenny understand what kuyt's all about, but so did hodgson and benitez.

he was bought as an out and out striker - I'd love him to be our joint number one striker alongside suarez (lets be honest, we dont know carroll yet from a bar of soap) - but kuyt will never get that opportunity, because he's always seen as too valuable.

why have successive managers, including the king, persevered with kuyt in what has become his permanent role? because they know football better than anyone else on this forum, and they know what an asset dirk kuyt is. As loyal and stoic as sami (+ more important goals) and I hope he stays long enough for a testimonial. he deserves one.