You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

He's been Pellegrino bad for the last year!

He looked very good for Denmark last time I saw him. I think he's been very much a victim of reputation. He was built up by a lot of people who probably rarely even watched him for Palermo and now he's been slagged off by the same people. I'm not saying that's you, but personally I've rarely watched but whenever I have seen him he's looked pretty handy throughout. Good positioning, can use the ball and has a bit of pace.

He looked very good for Denmark last time I saw him. I think he's been very much a victim of reputation. He was built up by a lot of people who probably rarely even watched him for Palermo and now he's been slagged off by the same people. I'm not saying that's you, but personally I've rarely watched but whenever I have seen him he's looked pretty handy throughout. Good positioning, can use the ball and has a bit of pace.

I watched Kjaer's "performance" in Wolfsburg's Bundesliga match on Friday. It was the standard of a pub footballer.

Bellamy for a free i'd take that all day long

Me too.

I don't understand the negativity towards that, not that I think that there's anything in it personally.

It might feel like a backward step, but he's versatile and could play across three positions and do it well. He wouldn't be a scintillating signing by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to pose the question: does he bring more to the team and the squad than NGog?

The answer is undoubtedly yes, so for me it would be a marked upgrade and a marked improvement. Again, not that I think there's anything in it.

Kjær is shit, really shit. He was dreadfull for Denmark in WC and has been ever since. He hasnt got good positioning, and dont know how to read the game. Im from denmark so i've seen him alot.

I don't think he's shit, but his career is almost mirroring that of Phillippe Mexes. Earned a lot of plaudits as a youngster, but didn't develop as had been expected, and as a result, gave the sort of performances generously described as "erratic". I saw that Borussia MG vs Wolfsburg game last Friday, and he was dreadful.

Kjaer is the classic football manager superstar that people think is also awesome in real life without seeing him, not the "stepover merchants" that many people are ridiculed for wishing we'd sign.

He really is pretty bad. Maybe he has potential, he was half-decent for Palermo but on any stage other than the Serie A, including the WC, he was pretty shit. I'd take Cahill over him any day of the week.

Me too.

I don't understand the negativity towards that, not that I think that there's anything in it personally.

It might feel like a backward step, but he's versatile and could play across three positions and do it well. He wouldn't be a scintillating signing by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to pose the question: does he bring more to the team and the squad than NGog?

The answer is undoubtedly yes, so for me it would be a marked upgrade and a marked improvement. Again, not that I think there's anything in it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Dont get me wrong NGog will do a good job at Bolton and prob score a shitload of goals, but in terms of pedigree and a matchwinner its Bellamy all day long for a season or two

Never understood his cult status, I hate shit centre backs, it stems from my Roy Evans days. One of the greatest things I've ever seen was Phil Babb colliding with that goalpost. Nay to shit defenders.

I agree. Disliked him ever since his pathetic effort for the Lyon goal that knocked us out of the CL. Especially after the buzz from that Babel supergoal.

I really hope it's not Dann. Just don't see him as an improvement on Carra at all, I doubt Kenny does too so if he signs it'll be to replace Soto as a squaddie.

But I still think it's Cahill.

Dann is a major step up from Soto who is after all who he would be replacing, not Carragher. Would prefer Cahill also to be fair.

Others are mentioning Bellamy, but he makes Aurelio look like the Terminator these days.

Dann is a major step up from Soto who is after all who he would be replacing, not Carragher. Would prefer Cahill also to be fair.

Others are mentioning Bellamy, but he makes Aurelio look like the Terminator these days.

It would improve our depth at CB but I don't think depth is the problem, our starting pairing of Agger - Carra for me is just not good enough. I think Cahill can displace Carra and create some real competition, Dann I doubt it. He'll never be picked ahead of Carra when he's fit, because he's not as good.